What Changed in April 2017
To Tuesday 4 April 2017
- Added a new system: set of wiki pages, and code to allow people with the right access to edit them.
- Made automatic generation of the motd file from this page on save
- Added a link, if you have the rights, from "My page" to the system pages
- Also edited index_pages/today to have the motd
Together these provide admins with a much tidier and less error prone approach to setting the message of the day, as suggested in issue 266
→ Release 9.29.8
To Friday 21 April 2017
Changes to "furthest place":
- Changed the interface. Remove the "furthest place" button and made it a particular sort of route planning from a new selector instead
- When selected you have the appropriate fields, and can only plan a "duration" based trip - fixes issue 182.
- Changed the layout of the route editor screen to make hiding and showing stuff easier, and made it more consistent in the use of framesets
- Fixed a bug where furthest place counted part days as though they were subtracted from the total, unlike everything else. There was even specific code to do this. Now made consistent with all other calculations and so fixed issue 206
- Fixed a bug deep in the calculation engine where the times for furthest place selection where no calculated correctly - there were accumulating rounding errors. Now fixed (sometimes things still differ by a minute, but that's a lot better than several hours and unlikely to cause any problems). This was issue 267.
→ Release 9.29.9