Barrow Bridge No 16
|Stenson Lock No 6||2 miles|
|Stenson Bridge No 19||2 miles|
|Arleston Bridge No 18||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|The Ragley Boat Stop||5½ furlongs|
|Deepdale Bridge No 17||3½ furlongs|
|Barrow Bridge No 16|
|Lowes Bridge No 15||5 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Toll House||7 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Junction||1 mile|
|Swarkestone Lock No 5||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
|Swarkestone Lock Bridge No 14||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- JMC Gas, Heating & Plumbing LTD (Home)
423 to the southwest.
- The Accounting House (Accountant)
563 to the southwest.
- Homefields Kennels and Cattery (Kennel)
306 to the south.
- The Dog Guy (Dog Walker)
527 to the southwest.
- The Ragley Boat Stop (Restaurant)
1042 to the northwest.
- Curry On Cooking (Food & Restaurant)
982 to the northwest.
- Freedom (Business Consultant)
503 to the south.
- Scrumptiddly Real Cider Bar (Food Stand, Gluten-Free Restaurant)
460 to the south.
- MOT Masters Ltd, Sinfin (Repair Service)
160 to the south.
- Swarkestone Sailing Club (Sports Club)
1417 to the southeast.
- A50 (Highway)
858 to the northeast.
- Crewe & Harpur, Swarkestone (Bar)
1418 to the east.
- Swarkstone Cricket Club (Sports Club)
1252 to the east.
- John Thompson Inn- Lodge (Outdoors)
192 to the northeast.
- Blue Moon Jewellery (Jewelry Store)
418 to the southwest.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposal
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Barrow Bridge
Barrow Bridge is a single track steel railway bridge in the south east of the Republic of Ireland.
The bridge links Counties Kilkenny and Wexford, and is close to Great Island Power Station near Cheekpoint. It is 2,131 ft (650 m) in length and 26 ft (7.9 m) above the high water mark, and is the longest railway bridge in Ireland. There are 11 spans of 148 ft (45 m), the end spans are 144 ft (44 m) each and the opening span is 215 ft (66 m). It was built by the Glaswegian firm of Sir William Arrol and Co. It spans the River Barrow just upstream from its confluence with another of The Three Sisters: the River Suir. It is preceded by a short tunnel 217 ft (66 m) in length on the Kilkenny side. It was built between 1902 and 1906 to a design by Sir Benjamin Baker.
It operated until passenger services between Rosslare Harbour and Waterford ceased in 2010. It still opens approximately twice daily to permit shipping and yachts to pass upstream to New Ross. It is maintained by Iarnród Éireann, the Irish rail operator. It is majestically located within an area of great natural beauty.