Barrow Bridge No 16
|Stenson Lock No 6||2 miles|
|Stenson Bridge No 19||2 miles|
|Arleston Bridge No 18||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|The Ragley Boat Stop||5½ furlongs|
|Deepdale Bridge No 17||3½ furlongs|
|Barrow Bridge No 16|
|Lowes Bridge No 15||5 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Toll House||7 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Junction||1 mile|
|Swarkestone Lock No 5||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
|Swarkestone Lock Bridge No 14||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposal
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Barrow Bridge
Barrow Bridge is a single track steel railway bridge in the south east of the Republic of Ireland.
The bridge links Counties Kilkenny and Wexford, and is close to Great Island Power Station near Cheekpoint. It is 2,131 ft (650 m) in length and 26 ft (7.9 m) above the high water mark, and is the longest railway bridge in Ireland. There are 11 spans of 148 ft (45 m), the end spans are 144 ft (44 m) each and the opening span is 215 ft (66 m). It was built by the Glaswegian firm of Sir William Arrol and Co. It spans the River Barrow just upstream from its confluence with another of The Three Sisters: the River Suir. It is preceded by a short tunnel 217 ft (66 m) in length on the Kilkenny side. It was built between 1902 and 1906 to a design by Sir Benjamin Baker.
It operated until passenger services between Rosslare Harbour and Waterford ceased in 2010. It still opens approximately twice daily to permit shipping and yachts to pass upstream to New Ross. It is maintained by Iarnród Éireann, the Irish rail operator. It is majestically located within an area of great natural beauty.
- Swarkestone Nursery (Garden Center, Restaurant)
1085 to the east.
- Daves Bicycle Workshop (Sports & Recreation, Bike Shop)
694 to the south.
- Swarkestone Sailing Club (Sports Club)
1417 to the southeast.
- A50 (Highway)
858 to the northeast.
- The Garden Restaurant, Swarkestone (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1082 to the east.
- Crewe & Harpur, Swarkestone (Bar)
1418 to the east.
- Swarkestone Garden Centre (Garden Center)
1121 to the east.
- Crewe & Harpur Arms (Bar)
1419 to the east.
- The Ragley Boat Stop (Bar, Coffee Shop)
1053 to the northwest.
- Rolls-Royce PTF (Professional Services)
751 to the northeast.
- Swarkstone Cricket Club (Sports Club)
1254 to the east.
- The Ragley Boat Stop, Barrow-on-Trent, Derby (Restaurant, Bar)
1041 to the northwest.
- The Ragley Boat Stop (Steakhouse, Bar)
1041 to the northwest.