Barrow Bridge No 16
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
|Stenson Lock No 6||2 miles|
|Stenson Bridge No 19||2 miles|
|Arleston Bridge No 18||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|The Ragley Boat Stop||5½ furlongs|
|Deepdale Bridge No 17||3½ furlongs|
|Barrow Bridge No 16|
|Lowes Bridge No 15||5 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Toll House||7 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Junction||1 mile|
|Swarkestone Lock No 5||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
|Swarkestone Lock Bridge No 14||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin On this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin Travel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Sawley Locks No 2 Travel to Horninglow Basin, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Burton to Fradley) to Shobnall Marina Travel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Trent Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) to Former BW Trent Lock Waterway Office
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin Travel to Horninglow Basin, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Burton to Fradley) to Shobnall Marina
Wikipedia has a page about Barrow Bridge
Barrow Bridge is a single track steel railway bridge in the south east of the Republic of Ireland.
The bridge links Counties Kilkenny and Wexford, and is close to Great Island Power Station near Cheekpoint. It is 2,131 ft (650 m) in length and 26 ft (7.9 m) above the high water mark, and is the longest railway bridge in Ireland. There are 11 spans of 148 ft (45 m), the end spans are 144 ft (44 m) each and the opening span is 215 ft (66 m). It was built by the Glaswegian firm of Sir William Arrol and Co. It spans the River Barrow just upstream from its confluence with another of The Three Sisters: the River Suir. It is preceded by a short tunnel 217 ft (66 m) in length on the Kilkenny side. It was built between 1902 and 1906 to a design by Sir Benjamin Baker.
It operated until passenger services between Rosslare Harbour and Waterford ceased in 2010. It still opens approximately twice daily to permit shipping and yachts to pass upstream to New Ross. It is maintained by Iarnród Éireann, the Irish rail operator. It is majestically located within an area of great natural beauty.
- Daves Bicycle Workshop (Bike Shop)
694 to the south.
- Homefields Kennels and Cattery (Kennel)
379 to the southeast.
- The Dog Guy (Dog Walker)
527 to the southwest.
- The Brookfield (Restaurant)
415 to the southwest.
- Crewe & Harpur, Swarkestone (Beer Garden)
1416 to the east.
- Addclad Limited (Organization, Professional Service)
68 to the northwest.
- Lowes Lane Shooting Ground (Sports & Recreation)
1337 to the northeast.
- The Garden Restaurant, Swarkestone (Coffee Shop)
1089 to the east.
- Hill Farm Camping & Caravan Park (Hotel, RV Park)
745 to the northeast.
- Tarmac (Contractor)
961 to the west.
- Hill Farm Camping and Caravan Park (Hotel)
332 to the northeast.
- Swarkstone Cricket Club (Sports Club)
1270 to the east.
- The Crewe and Harpur (Hotel)
1360 to the east.
- Derby Gas Services (Chemicals, Professional Service)
412 to the southwest.
- Barrow on Trent D & D S & S Club (Organization)
434 to the southwest.
- Crewe & Harpur Arms (Pub)
1419 to the east.
- Lafarge Aggregates (Garden Center, Professional Service)
712 to the southwest.
- Nook Travel (Travel & Transportation)
470 to the south.
- Fit to Play Health Club (Golf Course)
991 to the south.
- Sale & Davys C of E Primary School (School)
2154 to the west.
- Samuel Jackson Growers (Farmers Market)
972 to the northeast.
- Lowes Lane Shooting Ground (Sports Club)
1281 to the east.
- Crewe and Harpur Arms (British Restaurant, Bar)
1281 to the east.
- Swarkestone Nursery (Garden Center, Restaurant)
1092 to the east.
- The Ragley Boat Stop (Restaurant, Bar, Pub)
1034 to the northwest.
- The Crewe and Harpur (Restaurant)
1322 to the east.
- Sale and Davys Playgroup (Child Care, School)
656 to the southwest.
- Swarkestone Sailing Club (Sports Club)
1417 to the southeast.