Bell Bridge No 89
There is a bridge here which takes a dual carriageway over the canal.
|Marker place "!3977"||1½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3976"||1¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3975"||1 furlong|
|Marker place "!3974"||¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3973"||¼ furlongs|
|Bell Bridge No 89|
|Bell Pipe Bridge||a few yards|
|Marker place "!3972"||¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3971"||¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3970"||1 furlong|
|Marker place "!397z"||1¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Huddlesford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Lichfield Canal (Under Restoration)) to Ogley Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wyrley and Essington Canal) to Catshill Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Daw End Branch) to Aldridge Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Whittington Brook On this waterway in the direction of Whittington Brook
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Bridge
The Bell Bridge, crossing the Niobrara River near Valentine, Nebraska, is a historic bridge that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
It is a Pratt through truss bridge that was designed by the Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio, fabricated by the Cambria Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and built by the Canton Bridge Co. It was built in 1903 and brings a Cherry County road across the Niobrara, 11.9 miles northeast of Valentine. It has also been known as the Allen Bridge and the Niobrara River Bridge and is registered as NEHBS No. CE00-22.
It is one of just four bridges in Cherry County that survived a flood in February, 1916. According to its NRHP nomination it is notable as "one of the oldest, longest and best-preserved of Cherry County's remarkable group of through trusses" and is "distinguished as one of the handful of pre-1916 trusses remaining" in the county and in the state.
National Register designation was given in 1992.
- Fradley (City, Landmark & Historical Place)
1095 yards to the north.
- Richard Winterton Auctioneers (Business Service, Professional Service)
1184 yards to the southwest.
- National Memorial Arboretum (Nonprofit Organization, Charity Organization)
3292 yards to the northeast.
- Perlina Jewellery (Jewelry & Watches Store, Shopping & Retail)
351 yards to the northwest.
- Café No 8 (Coffee Shop)
856 yards to the west.
- Pool House Equine Clinic (Hospital)
1251 yards to the northeast.
- Cathedral Crepes (Food & Beverage Company, Wedding Planning Service)
556 yards to the west.
- Fradley Wacky WareHouse (Recreation Center, Landmark & Historical Place)
523 yards to the northeast.
- Fradley Arms Hotel (Beer Garden, British Restaurant)
497 yards to the northeast.
- Little Bird Photobooths (Business Service, Arts & Entertainment)
297 yards to the northwest.
- SE Controls (Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning Service)
1397 yards to the southwest.
- Fradley Fit - Emma Stockton (Sports & Recreation Venue, Personal Coach)
1154 yards to the north.
- Premier Inn Lichfield North East A38 (Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant)
900 yards to the northeast.
- 3twelve (AdvertisingMarketing, Management Service)
357 yards to the west.
- Superstar Academy UK (Arts & Entertainment)
941 yards to the north.