|Bossoms Boat Yard||1 mile, 4¾ furlongs|
|Port Meadow||7¾ furlongs|
|Godstow Lock Weir Exit No 2||2¼ furlongs|
|Godstow Lock||1¾ furlongs|
|Godstow Lock Weir Entrance No 1||¾ furlongs|
|The Trout Inn PH||a few yards|
|Godstow Lock Weir Entrance No 2||½ furlongs|
|Thames Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|King's Lock Weir Exit||6¾ furlongs|
|King's Lock||7¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposalTravel to Duke's Cut Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Duke's Cut) to Wolvercote Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Wolvercote Sanitary Station On this waterway in the direction of Thames - Thames and Severn Canal - Coln Junction
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalTravel to Duke's Cut Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Duke's Cut) to Wolvercote Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Wolvercote Sanitary Station
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Godstow Bridge
Godstow Bridge is a road bridge across the River Thames in England at Godstow near Oxford. The bridge is just upstream of Godstow Lock on the reach to King's Lock and carries a minor road between Wolvercote and Wytham.
The bridge is in two parts. The older part crosses the original course of the river and weir stream near The Trout Inn, a well-known public house. This stone bridge was in existence in 1692 and was probably the one held by the Royalists against Parliamentarians in 1645. It has two arches, one being pointed and the other rounded. The newer part was built across the new lock cut in 1792. This has two round arches of brick and was rebuilt in 1892. The North arch dates from medieval times. The Bridge is a Grade II Listed Building.
The importance of the bridge was reduced by the construction of the Oxford By-pass and the A34 Bridge a short distance upstream.