Copyright: Polly P
Taken: 16 June 2010
Short walk to the village and bus to Lincoln. Good place to see barn owls.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (793 away)
|Waterside House Pedestrian Bridge No 4||2 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Stamp End Lock No 1||2 miles, 1¾ furlongs|
|Lincoln Railway Bridge No 7||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Witham Park Bridge No 8||2 miles, ½ furlongs|
|Pipe Bridge by Spa Road, Lincoln||1 mile, 7 furlongs|
|Five Mile House Bridge||3 miles, 2 furlongs|
|Fiskerton Fen||4 miles, 7¾ furlongs|
|Bardney Lock Weir Entrance||5 miles, 1¾ furlongs|
|Bardney Lock No 2||6 miles, 4 furlongs|
|Bardney Lock Weir Exit||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalTravel to High Bridge Lincoln (the Glory Hole), then on the Fossdyke Canal to Lincoln Sanitary Station On this waterway in the direction of Boston Grand Sluice Lock No 3
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to High Bridge Lincoln (the Glory Hole), then on the Fossdyke Canal to Lincoln Sanitary Station On this waterway in the direction of Boston Grand Sluice Lock No 3 Travel to High Bridge Lincoln (the Glory Hole), then on the Fossdyke Canal to Torksey Lock
Nearest place to turn
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Washingborough
Washingborough is a village 3 miles (5 km) east from Lincoln city centre, in the North Kesteven district of Lincolnshire, England. The population at the census 2001 was 3,356, increasing to 3,482 at the 2011 census. It is situated on the lower slopes of Lincoln Cliff limestone escarpment where the River Witham breaks through the Lincoln Edge.
- The Ferry Boat (Pub, Restaurant)
907 to the southwest.
- Washingborough Hall Hotel (Restaurant, Event Venue)
1019 to the southwest.
- Cupcakes by Clare (Bakery, Food Stand, Cafe)
615 to the southwest.
- Washingborough Community Centre (Community Center)
420 to the southwest.
- Washingborough Playing Field (Park)
368 to the south.
- The Village cafe Washingborough (Coffee Shop, Cafe, Fast Food Restaurant)
830 to the southwest.
- VFW Crafts & Beauty (Professional Service)
1090 to the northeast.
- Washingborough Primary School (Elementary School)
692 to the southwest.
- Ferryboat Inn (Bar, Pub)
878 to the southwest.
- Hunters Leap (Pub)
883 to the southwest.
- Orton Park (Public Places & Attractions)
1246 to the south.
- Meimay Take Away Food Shops (Restaurant)
1111 to the north.
- Belgrave Pain Clinic (Medical Center)
1079 to the south.
- Ferry Boat Pub (Bar)
880 to the southwest.
- Astar (Advisory & Business Services) Limited (Business Consultant, Accountant)
1000 to the south.
- Emma Clare Photographic (Photographer)
1239 to the southwest.
- Connie Doull Photography (Photographic Services & Equipment, Photographer)
963 to the south.