Grove Road Bridge No 96
This is a pinch point. The normal maximum dimensions for a boat on this waterway are 72 feet long, 7 feet wide, 6 feet and 11 inches high and 2 feet and 11 inches deep, but to pass through here the maximum dimensions are 6 feet and 6 inches high.
|Knowle Street Winding Hole||2 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Knowl Street Bridge No 97||1 mile, 7½ furlongs|
|Millbrook Pipebridge||4¼ furlongs|
|Bywith Lock No 8W||¾ furlongs|
|Waterways Office (Manchester and Pennine Waterways, Staleybridge) - Canal & River Trust||¼ furlongs|
|Grove Road Bridge No 96|
|Swineshaw Brook Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Black Rock Lock No 9W||3 furlongs|
|Black Rock Bridge No 94||3½ furlongs|
|Avenue Lock No 10W||3¾ furlongs|
|Scout Mill||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Exclusive hair and beauty (Nail Salon)
1232 to the northeast.
- Groomingtails Dog Grooming (Pet Groomer)
1222 to the northeast.
- Active Copley (Sports & Recreation)
989 to the south.
- Area 5 Fitness (Personal Trainer)
877 to the north.
- LM Sport Rehab (Personal Trainer, Physical Fitness)
421 to the southeast.
- The Fitbox (Gym, Personal Trainer, Fitness Center)
923 to the southwest.
- The Hare & Hounds, Luzley (Restaurant)
1422 to the northwest.
- The HoHo Chinese Restaurant (Cantonese Restaurant)
1352 to the north.
- The Reindeer (Pub, Bar)
825 to the south.
- Sweetie Memories (Party Supplies, Wedding Planning)
343 to the south.
- Stalybridge Country Park (Sports & Recreation)
616 to the southeast.
- Burke Mansions (Residence)
705 to the north.
- Heyrod Village Hall (Arts & Entertainment)
333 to the northwest.
- Millbrook Dam (Fishing)
855 to the southeast.
- Hare and Hounds (Bar)
535 to the southeast.
- Brushes Reservoir (Reservoir)
1360 to the southeast.
- Scout Tunnel (Landmark)
1250 to the north.
- Staley Bridge Cricket Club (Sports Club)
425 to the east.
- Manchester Piccadilly Train Station (Train Station)
645 to the southwest.
- Sims Recycling, Stalybridge (Recycling & Waste Management)
953 to the southwest.
- Brushes Estate (Commercial & Industrial)
934 to the southeast.
- Millbrook Primary and Nursery School (Elementary School)
788 to the northeast.
- Carrbrook (City)
751 to the northeast.
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalTravel to Ashton-under-Lyne Junction, then on the Ashton Canal to Fairfield Junction
Nearest Place to turn
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Grove Road Bridge”