Facilities: water point.
|Henry Knibb Bridge No 3A||6¼ furlongs|
|Shardlow Lock No 2||1¾ furlongs|
|The Clock Warehouse||1¼ furlongs|
|Winding Hole below Shardlow Lock||1¼ furlongs|
|Idle Bridge No 3||¾ furlongs|
|Wilne Bridge No 2||1¼ furlongs|
|Shardlow Pipe Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Shardlow Floodgates||2¼ furlongs|
|Crocker's Marina||3¼ furlongs|
|New Marina||5 furlongs|
- Lulus dogs (Pet Service)
1616 yards to the west.
- Canal Bank Tea Room (Restaurant)
220 yards to the southwest.
- The Clock Warehouse (Pub)
296 yards to the southwest.
- The Navigation Inn (Pub)
131 yards to the south.
- Smithys Marina Bar (Food & Restaurant, Bands & Musicians)
351 yards to the east.
- Donington Cottage Guest House (Bed and Breakfast)
1195 yards to the east.
- Chamelion Auto Refinish Ltd (Auto Body Shop, Automotive Repair, Automotive Restoration)
222 yards to the east.
- OLD 20 Parts Co. (Agricultural Service, Oil Lube & Filter Service, Automotive Parts & Accessories)
1337 yards to the west.
- Shardlow Lock (Public Places & Attractions)
257 yards to the northeast.
- Tandoori Nights (Indian Restaurant)
661 yards to the west.
- Shardlow Marina Bar and Restaurant (Bar, Restaurant)
351 yards to the east.
- Derwent Mouth Lock (River)
1346 yards to the east.
- The Old Crown Inn (Pub)
667 yards to the south.
- Golden Dragon Shardlow (Cantonese Restaurant)
1175 yards to the southeast.
- The Crown Pub (Pub)
680 yards to the south.
- WILD WOOD Designs (Furniture Store)
232 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Shardlow
Shardlow is a village in Derbyshire, England about 6 miles (9.7 km) southeast of Derby and 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Nottingham. Part of the civil parish of Shardlow and Great Wilne, and the district of South Derbyshire, it is also very close to the border with Leicestershire, defined by route of the River Trent which passes close to the south. Just across the Trent is the Castle Donington parish of North West Leicestershire.
An important late 18th century river port for the transshipment of goods to and from the River Trent to the Trent and Mersey Canal, during its heyday from the 1770s to the 1840s it became referred to as "Rural Rotterdam" and "Little Liverpool". Today Shardlow is considered Britains most complete surviving example of a canal village, with over 50 Grade II listed buildings and a large number of surviving public houses within the designated Shardlow Wharf Conservation Area.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or