Facilities: water point.
|Henry Knibb Bridge No 3A||6½ furlongs|
|Shardlow Lock No 2||1¾ furlongs|
|The Clock Warehouse||1¼ furlongs|
|Winding Hole below Shardlow Lock||1¼ furlongs|
|Idle Bridge No 3||¾ furlongs|
|Wilne Bridge No 2||1¼ furlongs|
|Shardlow Pipe Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Shardlow Floodgates||2¼ furlongs|
|Crocker's Marina||3¼ furlongs|
|New Marina||5 furlongs|
- Developer Designs (Web Design, Web Development, Internet Service Provider)
93 yards to the west.
- A.L Valeting Solutions (Car Wash & Detailing)
724 yards to the west.
- Tandoori Nights Shardlow (Restaurant)
676 yards to the west.
- Smithys Marina Bar (Bands & Musicians)
355 yards to the east.
- The Clock Warehouse (Pub)
300 yards to the southwest.
- The Navigation Inn (Pub)
132 yards to the south.
- OLD 20 Parts Co. (Agricultural Service, Oil Lube & Filter Service, Automotive Parts & Accessories)
1385 yards to the west.
- Shardlow Marina Campsite (Campground)
659 yards to the southeast.
- Shardlow Wharf (Boating)
162 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Marina (Other)
395 yards to the southeast.
- Bay Tree Melbourne (Food & Restaurant)
1062 yards to the south.
- Dog & Duck (Pub)
358 yards to the southwest.
- Golden Dragon Shardlow (Cantonese Restaurant)
1172 yards to the southeast.
- Malt Shovel (Bar)
234 yards to the northeast.
- Shardlow Primary School (School)
124 yards to the south.
- The Old Crown Inn (Pub)
674 yards to the south.
- Dog And Duck Shardlow (British Restaurant)
1029 yards to the west.
- The Crown Pub (Pub)
670 yards to the south.
- A50 east midlands (nottingham) (Highway)
1188 yards to the southeast.
- Derwent Mouth Lock (River)
1340 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Marina Caravan Park (RV Park)
441 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Marina Bar and Restaurant (Restaurant)
379 yards to the southeast.
- Shardlow Lock (Public Places & Attractions)
206 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Canal (Boating)
1203 yards to the west.
- Cheal Close (Residence & Other)
1612 yards to the west.
- The Navigation at Shardlow (Pub)
126 yards to the south.
- malt shovel , Shardlow (Pub)
184 yards to the northeast.
- Kids Wedding Wear (Children's Clothing Store)
143 yards to the west.
Wikipedia has a page about Shardlow
Shardlow is a village in Derbyshire, England about 6 miles (9.7 km) southeast of Derby and 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Nottingham. Part of the civil parish of Shardlow and Great Wilne, and the district of South Derbyshire, it is also very close to the border with Leicestershire, defined by route of the River Trent which passes close to the south. Just across the Trent is the Castle Donington parish of North West Leicestershire.
An important late 18th century river port for the transshipment of goods to and from the River Trent to the Trent and Mersey Canal, during its heyday from the 1770s to the 1840s it became referred to as "Rural Rotterdam" and "Little Liverpool". Today Shardlow is considered Britains most complete surviving example of a canal village, with over 50 Grade II listed buildings and a large number of surviving public houses within the designated Shardlow Wharf Conservation Area.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or