|High Green Bridge No 14||1 mile, 2 furlongs|
|Brewood Wharf||1 mile|
|Skew Bridge No 15||5 furlongs|
|Broomhall Bridge No 16||4 furlongs|
|Belvide Reservoir Feeder||1¾ furlongs|
|Stretton Boatyard||½ furlongs|
|Lapley Wood Bridge No 17||7¾ furlongs|
|Wheaton Aston Bridge No 18||1 mile, 3¼ furlongs|
|Wheaton Aston Lock No 2||1 mile, 4 furlongs|
|Wheaton Aston Services||1 mile, 5 furlongs|
- Industry Narrowboats (Boat Service)
103 yards to the northwest.
- The Homestead Caravan Park (RV Park)
978 yards to the south.
- Vernon Lodge Preparatory School and Kindergarten (Education)
1441 yards to the northeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Stretton Aqueduct
Stretton Aqueduct is a short cast iron canal aqueduct between Stretton and Brewood, and near to Belvide Reservoir, in south Staffordshire, England. Designed by Thomas Telford and bearing his name plus its date of construction, 1832, it carries the Shropshire Union Canal (formerly the Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal) 30 feet (9.1 m) over Telford's A5 road at a skewed angle.
The aqueduct has five sections, each 6 feet 6 inches (1.98 m) long, held together by bolts and supported by six cast iron arch ribs, each in two sections and joined at the centre of the arch. It was cast by William Hazledine of Shrewsbury. The trough is 21 feet (6.4 m) wide with an 11 feet (3.4 m) wide channel of water and a towpath on either side. The Staffordshire blue brick abutments have stone dressings.
During 1961-62, the road under the aqueduct was lowered by about 4 feet (1.2 m) to allow taller vehicles to pass underneath.
It was one of Telford's last aqueducts and has been grade II listed since 1985.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or