Islington Tunnel (West end)
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (2, nearest is 1 mile and 2½ furlongs away); Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (1 mile and ¾ furlongs away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (7½ furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (1 mile and 1¾ furlongs away); Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (1 mile and ¾ furlongs away); Sainsbury's supermarkets (1 mile and ¾ furlongs away)
|Wharf Road No 39||6¼ furlongs|
|City Road Basin Branch||5¾ furlongs|
|City Road Lock No 5||5¾ furlongs|
|Danbury Street Road Bridge No 38||5¼ furlongs|
|Islington Tunnel (East end)||4¼ furlongs|
|Islington Tunnel (West end)|
|Thornhill Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Thornhill Bridge Wharf||1 furlong|
|Battlebridge Basin||2 furlongs|
|Kings Place Arts Building||2¼ furlongs|
|York Way Bridge No 36||2½ furlongs|
- London King's Cross Station (Train Station)
796 yards to the southwest.
- London Euston Station (Train Station)
1607 yards to the southwest.
- Angel London Underground Station (Train Station, Tourist Information)
724 yards to the east.
- St Pancras International (Shopping & Retail, Tourist Attraction, Train Station)
930 yards to the southwest.
- The British Library (Education, Museum)
1164 yards to the southwest.
- Canal 125 (Restaurant, Event Venue)
161 yards to the west.
- Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity (Hospital)
1613 yards to the south.
- Central Saint Martins (College & University)
751 yards to the west.
- Sadler's Wells (Theatre, Performance Venue)
965 yards to the southeast.
- Regents Canal Islington (Ferry & Boat)
36 yards to the northwest.
- Culpepper Park (Park)
456 yards to the east.
- NCVO (Convention Center)
235 yards to the west.
- Islington Police Station (Police Station, Public Transportation)
304 yards to the east.
- Cally Pool Swimming Centre (Swimming Pool)
433 yards to the north.
- St. James's Park (Park)
452 yards to the south.
- Vue Cinema Islington (Movie Theatre)
639 yards to the east.
- RBS, Regents House, Angel (Park)
715 yards to the east.
- Travelodge Hotel - London Central Kings Cross Royal Scot (Hotel)
673 yards to the south.
- Malvern House College (College & University)
479 yards to the southwest.
- Sex Addiction Therapy Centre (Medical & Health)
644 yards to the east.
- Virgin Gym (Gym)
854 yards to the southeast.
- Jurys Inn Islington (Hotel)
557 yards to the southeast.
- Virgin Active Islington (Gym)
865 yards to the southeast.
- O2 Academy Islington (Night Club, Concert Venue, Performance Venue)
650 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Islington Tunnel
The Islington Tunnel carries the Regent's Canal Arm of the Grand Union Canal for 960 yards (878 m) underneath the Angel area of Islington, in London. The two other tunnels on the Regent's Canal are Eyre's tunnel and Maida Hill Tunnel.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or