Carlton Bridge No 44
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
|Congerstone Bridge No 47||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|Fairfield Bridge No 46||5¾ furlongs|
|Lliffe Bridge No 45||3¼ furlongs|
|Carlton Bridge Aqueduct||1¼ furlongs|
|Carlton Bridge Winding Hole||½ furlongs|
|Carlton Bridge No 44|
|Kings Bridge No 43||3¾ furlongs|
|Bosworth Marina & Wharf Winding Hole||7 furlongs|
|Bosworth Wharf Bridge No 42||7½ furlongs|
|Jacksons Bridge No 41||1 mile, 1¾ furlongs|
|Coton Bridge No 40||1 mile, 4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Ashby Canal Current Head of Navigation
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Ashby Canal Current Head of Navigation On this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction Travel to Marston Junction, then on the Coventry Canal (Main Line - Hawkesbury to Fazeley) to Hawkesbury Junction, then on the Coventry Canal (Main Line - Coventry to Hawkesbury) to Hawkesbury Services
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction On this waterway in the direction of Marston Junction
Wikipedia has a page about Carlton Bridge
The Carlton Bridge is a railroad vertical-lift bridge which carries one rail line over the Kennebec River between Bath and Woolwich, Maine. It was completed in 1927. Until August 1, 2000, it also carried two lanes of U.S. Route 1 (US 1) on its upper deck, after which the highway was transferred to the adjoining Sagadahoc Bridge and the road connection severed. The majority of the road deck remains but may be removed in the future. It is the last downstream fixed crossing of the Kennebec.
With the removal of US 1 from the bridge, its primary traffic is freight trains operated by the Maine Eastern Railroad that are bound for manufacturers in Thomaston, of which several pass over the bridge per week. It has also carried passenger excursion trains to Rockland, though the Maine Department of Transportation's leasing the line to another company will likely mean the end of passenger service after 2015.
- Bosworth Aesthetics & Beauty (Beauty Salon)
1140 to the southeast.
- Kyngs Golf And Country Club (Golf Course)
1379 to the southeast.
- 1485 Tri Club (Sports Club)
1464 to the south.
- Friezeland Farm Christmas Trees (ShoppingRetail)
837 to the south.
- Friezland Farm Christmas Trees (Foodservice Distributor, ShoppingRetail)
1092 to the south.
- Bosworth Water Leisure Park (Recreation & Fitness)
1557 to the south.
- Bosworth Water Trust (Recreation Spot)
1431 to the south.
- Ciliaryblue LTD Reglaze (Optometrist (Eye Doctor))
1137 to the southeast.
- Market Bosworth railway station (Train Station)
1355 to the southeast.
- Friezland Fishery (Fishing Store)
1098 to the south.
- Congerstone Primary School (Elementary School)
894 to the southeast.
- Ciliary Blue Limited (Medical & Health, Local Service)
1129 to the southeast.
- Friezeland Pools (Fishing Lakes) (Fishing Store)
1113 to the south.
- Bodysole (Medical & Health)
1143 to the southeast.
- Market Bosworth Football Club (Arts & Entertainment)
1165 to the south.
- Rose & Radish (Fruit & Vegetable Store, Florist)
977 to the northeast.
- Ciliaryblue Ltd Reglaze (ShoppingRetail)
1195 to the southeast.
- Bosworth Water Park (RV Park, Water Park)
1408 to the south.
- Market Bosworth Sports Club (Recreation & Fitness)
1102 to the south.
- AR Demolition Ltd. (Contractor, ShoppingRetail)
1200 to the northeast.
- TCMUK Limited (Management Service)
1195 to the southeast.
- Flying Spares (Automotive Parts Store)
1414 to the southeast.
- Skincare Solutions (Beauty Supply Store, Cosmetics Store)
1156 to the southeast.
- The Aromatherapy Company (Aromatherapy Service, Cosmetics Store, Education)
1368 to the west.
- Liliann At The Rectory (Women's Clothing Store)
568 to the northeast.