Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (4¼ furlongs away)
|Bridge No 5AA||6 furlongs|
|Redhall Railway Bridge||5 furlongs|
|Redhall Aqueduct||3½ furlongs|
|Redhall Footbridge||3½ furlongs|
|Slateford Aqueduct (south-west end)||1 furlong|
|Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)|
|Prince Charlie Aqueduct||¾ furlongs|
|Meggetland Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Meggetland New Bridge No 4A||6 furlongs|
|Meggetland Old Bridge No 4||6 furlongs|
|Craiglockhart Railway Aqueduct||7¼ furlongs|
- World Of Football (Sports Venue & Stadium)
350 yards to the north.
- Slateford railway station (Train Station)
433 yards to the northeast.
- Junior Bears Soft Play (Event Venue)
536 yards to the west.
- Susan Gregory Bridal Specialist (Shopping & Retail)
475 yards to the northeast.
- Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centre Edinburgh (Sports & Recreation)
300 yards to the northwest.
- Energy Gym (Sports & Recreation)
1118 yards to the northeast.
- The Blue Goose Country Pub (Restaurant)
113 yards to the southeast.
- Childrens Hospice Association Scotland (CHAS) (Charity Organization)
256 yards to the east.
- Edinburgh Napier University, Craiglockhart Campus (College & University, Educational Organization)
1512 yards to the east.
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange (Event Venue, Concert Venue, Pub)
414 yards to the north.
- Water of Leith Visitor Centre (Tourist Information)
57 yards to the southeast.
- World Of Bowling (Bowling Alley, Sports & Recreation)
314 yards to the north.
- Slateford Bowling Club (Sports Center)
95 yards to the south.
- Pure Gym, Edinburgh West (Gym)
923 yards to the northwest.
- Asda Chesser (Big Box Retailer)
302 yards to the north.
- New Sainsburys Longstone (Shopping & Retail)
165 yards to the west.
- Imperial Palace (Chinese Restaurant, Dim Sum Restaurant)
418 yards to the west.
- Crosskeys Pub (Pub)
156 yards to the southwest.
- Corn exchange, World Of Soccer (Sports Venue & Stadium)
301 yards to the north.
- Meggetland Sports Pavillion (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports Club)
953 yards to the northeast.
- Craiglockhart Leisure Centre (Sports Center, Tennis, Gym)
951 yards to the east.
- Domino's Pizza Edinburgh - Colinton (Pizza Place)
238 yards to the northeast.
- Imperial Chinese Restaurant (Dim Sum Restaurant, Chinese Restaurant)
414 yards to the west.
- Water of Leith (River)
397 yards to the northwest.
- Tanz (Tanning Salon)
433 yards to the northeast.
- Bookers Cash & Carry (Wholesale & Supply Store)
314 yards to the northwest.
- Redhall (Neighborhood)
689 yards to the west.
- The Dell (Bar, Pub)
760 yards to the southwest.
- Matthews Foods (Food & Grocery)
412 yards to the west.
- The Dhammapadipa Temple (Religious Organization)
257 yards to the northeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Slateford Aqueduct
The Slateford Aqueduct is a navigable aqueduct in Slateford, Edinburgh, Scotland. It was built by Hugh Baird and completed in 1822 with advice from Thomas Telford.
It has eight arches, is 600 feet (180 m) long and 60 feet (18 m) tall, and carries the Union Canal across Inglis Green Road and the Water of Leith at Longstone (just at the edge of Slateford) in south-west Edinburgh. The canal runs over a contour line of 73m and is very popular with cyclists and dogwalkers.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or