Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (4¼ furlongs away)
|Bridge No 5AA||6 furlongs|
|Redhall Railway Bridge||5 furlongs|
|Redhall Aqueduct||3½ furlongs|
|Redhall Footbridge||3½ furlongs|
|Slateford Aqueduct (south-west end)||1 furlong|
|Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)|
|Prince Charlie Aqueduct||¾ furlongs|
|Meggetland Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Meggetland New Bridge No 4A||6 furlongs|
|Meggetland Old Bridge No 4||6 furlongs|
|Craiglockhart Railway Aqueduct||7¼ furlongs|
- Shandon Snooker & Pool (Pool & Billiards)
1455 yards to the northeast.
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange (Event Venue, Concert Venue, Pub)
414 yards to the north.
- Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centre Edinburgh (Sports & Recreation)
300 yards to the northwest.
- Holyrood Boxing Gym (Physical Fitness)
903 yards to the northwest.
- Energy Gym (Sports & Recreation)
1113 yards to the northeast.
- Yoga's Got Hot (Sports & Recreation)
902 yards to the northwest.
- The Blue Goose Country Pub (Restaurant)
113 yards to the southeast.
- World Of Football (Sports Venue & Stadium)
354 yards to the north.
- Edinburgh Napier University, Craiglockhart Campus (College & University, Educational Organization)
1512 yards to the east.
- Water of Leith Visitor Centre (Tourist Information)
57 yards to the southeast.
- Slateford Bowling Club (Sports Center)
95 yards to the south.
- Pure Gym, Edinburgh West (Gym)
923 yards to the northwest.
- World Of Bowling (Bowling Alley, Sports & Recreation)
314 yards to the north.
- Asda Chesser (Big Box Retailer)
247 yards to the north.
- Crosskeys Pub (Pub)
156 yards to the southwest.
- Imperial Palace (Chinese Restaurant)
418 yards to the west.
- Corn exchange, World Of Soccer (Sports Venue & Stadium)
301 yards to the north.
- Craiglockhart Leisure Centre (Sports Center, Tennis, Gym)
961 yards to the east.
- Imperial Chinese Restaurant (Chinese Restaurant)
414 yards to the west.
- Nuffield Gym (Gym)
294 yards to the northwest.
- Meggetland Sports Pavillion (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports Club)
1032 yards to the northeast.
- Domino's Pizza Edinburgh - Colinton (Pizza Place)
238 yards to the northeast.
- Saughton Prison (Law Enforcement, Prison & Correctional Facility, Governmental Law)
950 yards to the northwest.
- The Pub (Pub)
409 yards to the north.
- The Village Inn (Inn)
521 yards to the west.
- Saltire Motorcycles (Motorcycles, Motorcycle Repair)
793 yards to the northwest.
- Tanz Slateford (Physical Fitness)
441 yards to the northeast.
- Horseshoe Inn (Pub)
1198 yards to the north.
- Lodge Water of Leith 1267 (Sorority & Fraternity)
340 yards to the west.
- Bookers Cash & Carry (Wholesale & Supply Store)
314 yards to the northwest.
- The Kilted Pig (Bar, Food & Restaurant, Pub)
1365 yards to the east.
- The Laich Bar (Bar)
997 yards to the north.
- Junior Bears Soft Play (Event Venue)
533 yards to the west.
Wikipedia has a page about Slateford Aqueduct
The Slateford Aqueduct is a navigable aqueduct in Slateford, Edinburgh, Scotland. It was built by Hugh Baird and completed in 1822 with advice from Thomas Telford.
It has eight arches, is 600 feet (180 m) long and 60 feet (18 m) tall, and carries the Union Canal across Inglis Green Road and the Water of Leith at Longstone (just at the edge of Slateford) in south-west Edinburgh. The canal runs over a contour line of 73m and is very popular with cyclists and dogwalkers.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above