Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (4¼ furlongs away)
|Bridge No 5AA||6 furlongs|
|Redhall Railway Bridge||5 furlongs|
|Redhall Aqueduct||3½ furlongs|
|Redhall Footbridge||3½ furlongs|
|Slateford Aqueduct (south-west end)||1 furlong|
|Slateford Aqueduct (north-east end)|
|Prince Charlie Aqueduct||¾ furlongs|
|Meggetland Footbridge||3 furlongs|
|Meggetland New Bridge No 4A||6 furlongs|
|Meggetland Old Bridge No 4||6 furlongs|
|Craiglockhart Railway Aqueduct||7¼ furlongs|
- Edinburgh Napier University, Craiglockhart Campus (College & University, Educational Organization)
1512 yards to the east.
- The Dhammapadipa Temple (Religious Organization)
257 yards to the northeast.
- Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centre Edinburgh (Sports & Recreation)
288 yards to the northwest.
- Yoga's Got Hot (Sports & Recreation)
901 yards to the northwest.
- Kingsknowe Golf Club (KGC) (Sports & Recreation)
1537 yards to the southwest.
- The Blue Goose Country Pub (Restaurant)
113 yards to the southeast.
- World Of Football (Sports Venue & Stadium)
350 yards to the north.
- Edinburgh Corn Exchange (Event Venue, Concert Venue, Pub)
405 yards to the north.
- Water of Leith Visitor Centre (Tourist Information)
57 yards to the southeast.
- Asda Chesser (Big Box Retailer)
309 yards to the north.
- Saughton Park (Park)
1376 yards to the north.
- Stenhouse (Neighborhood)
1308 yards to the northwest.
- Slateford Bowling Club (Sports Center)
95 yards to the south.
- Pure Gym, Edinburgh West (Gym)
955 yards to the northwest.
- Meggetland Sports Pavillion (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports & Recreation)
1042 yards to the northeast.
- Craiglockhart Tennis Centre (Sports & Recreation)
901 yards to the east.
- Kingsknowe (Neighborhood)
1199 yards to the southwest.
- World Of Bowling (Bowling Alley, Sports & Recreation)
314 yards to the north.
- Longstone Road (Highway)
886 yards to the west.
- Dovecot Park (Park)
1156 yards to the southwest.
- Lanark Road (Highway)
780 yards to the southwest.
- Crosskeys Pub (Pub)
156 yards to the southwest.
- Saughton Skate Park (Outdoor Recreation, Park)
1404 yards to the north.
- The Village Inn (Inn)
521 yards to the west.
- Water of Leith (River)
417 yards to the northwest.
- Imperial Palace (Chinese Restaurant, Dim Sum Restaurant)
418 yards to the west.
- New Sainsburys Longstone (Shopping & Retail)
166 yards to the west.
- The MGA Academy of Performing Arts (College & University)
1261 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Slateford Aqueduct
The Slateford Aqueduct is a navigable aqueduct in Slateford, Edinburgh, Scotland. It was built by Hugh Baird and completed in 1822 with advice from Thomas Telford.
It has eight arches, is 600 feet (180 m) long and 60 feet (18 m) tall, and carries the Union Canal across Inglis Green Road and the Water of Leith at Longstone (just at the edge of Slateford) in south-west Edinburgh. The canal runs over a contour line of 73m and is very popular with cyclists and dogwalkers.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or