|Chandos Bridge||3 miles, 3 furlongs|
|Telescopic Bridge||3 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Bridgwater and Taunton canal - River Parrett Junction||3 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Western Way Bridge||2 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Parrett - King's Sedgemoor Drain Junction||1 furlong|
|Parrett - Huntspill Junction||8 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Stert Point||8 miles, 7¼ furlongs|
|Parrett - Brue Junction||9 miles, 4¾ furlongs|
|Burnham-on-Sea||10 miles, 4 furlongs|
- Deluxe Nails - Bridgwater (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
691 yards to the northeast.
- Court Farm Butchers Ltd (Food & Grocery)
1529 yards to the northeast.
- Wheeler & Son Ltd (Transportation Service)
1191 yards to the south.
- Admirals Table - Bridgwater (Bar, Pub)
233 yards to the east.
- Tim Hansford Transport Ltd (Transportation Service, Construction Service & Supply, Commercial & Industrial Equipment)
1357 yards to the south.
- The Zeitgeist Movement Global (Organization)
1411 yards to the south.
- British Car Auctions (Auction House)
771 yards to the north.
- Morrisons RDC (Grocery Store)
1120 yards to the southeast.
- Scania Trucks (Automotive)
400 yards to the northeast.
- Morrisons Willow Green RDC (Private Transportation)
932 yards to the southeast.
- Bridgwater (Morrisons Distribution Centre) Work (Food & Beverage Service & Distribution)
1237 yards to the southeast.
- The Puriton Inn (Bar)
1134 yards to the northeast.
- Cossington Park (Outdoor Recreation)
1540 yards to the southeast.
- Bridgwater Scania. (Playground)
397 yards to the northeast.
- Gerber Foods - Bridgwater (Professional Services)
1391 yards to the south.
- Gerber Juice Co Ltd (Food & Restaurant, Business Services)
1474 yards to the south.
- Morrison's Rdc Bridgewater (Private Transportation)
792 yards to the southeast.
- Dpd Bridgewater (Cargo & Freight)
1028 yards to the south.
- St John Ambulance - Somerset County Headquarters (Charity Organization)
903 yards to the south.
- Puriton Primary School (School)
1476 yards to the northeast.
- Puriton Inn (Pub)
1155 yards to the northeast.
- PCL Powder Coating (Commercial & Industrial)
183 yards to the north.
- The Late Starter Car Boot Sale (Outdoor Recreation)
1425 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Dunball
Dunball is a small hamlet west of the village of Puriton and close to the town of Bridgwater, Somerset, England.
Just north of Dunball is Down End which is the site of Down End Castle a motte-and-bailey castle, which has been designated as a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Located on the A38, adjacent to Junction 23 of the M5 motorway, it hosts a wharf on the River Parrett, created in 1844 by Bridgwater coal merchants, which is the only part of the Port of Bridgwater still in commercial use today. Dunball also has a small industrial estate, built on the site of the Royal Ordnance Factory's hostel blocks; and a hotel.
The wharf was formerly linked to the Bristol and Exeter Railway by a rail track which crossed the A38, on the right hand side of the hotel. The link was built in 1876 by coal merchants, and was originally operated as a horse-drawn tramway. It was removed during the Beeching Axe and Dunball also lost its railway station on 5 October 1964, which had opened in 1873. The wharf was used during World War II to bring Welsh coal to the nearby Royal Ordnance Factory, ROF Bridgwater. The wharf is now used for landing stone products, mainly marine sand and gravels dredged in the Bristol Channel.
The King's Sedgemoor Drain drains into the River Parrett at Dunball, adjacent to the wharf, via a clyse. The clyse has been moved from its original location and it now obstructs the entrance to a small harbour adjacent to the wharf. During the Winter flooding of 2013–14 on the Somerset Levels high volume pumps from the Netherlands were installed at Dunball.
River silt was dredged from the river in this locality in order to make Bath bricks, an early cleaning material.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or