|Chandos Bridge||3 miles, 3 furlongs|
|Telescopic Bridge||3 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Bridgwater and Taunton canal - River Parrett Junction||3 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Western Way Bridge||2 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Parrett - King's Sedgemoor Drain Junction||1 furlong|
|Parrett - Huntspill Junction||8 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Stert Point||8 miles, 7¼ furlongs|
|Parrett - Brue Junction||9 miles, 4¾ furlongs|
|Burnham-on-Sea||10 miles, 4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
- Eco NRG Solutions Ltd. (Solar Energy Service)
1302 yards to the south.
- Karley's Beauty Treatments. (Beauty Salon)
418 yards to the southeast.
- Deluxe Nails - Bridgwater (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
691 yards to the northeast.
- British Car Auctions (Auction House)
771 yards to the north.
- M5 Southbound (Place to Eat/Drink)
720 yards to the east.
- Scania Trucks (Automotive)
412 yards to the northeast.
- Dunball Wharf (Recycling & Waste Management)
296 yards to the east.
- M5 Jun23 (Metals)
664 yards to the east.
- Refresco Gerber (Warehouse)
1504 yards to the south.
- Forever Living - Independant Distributor Tina Otley (Health Food Store, Cosmetics & Beauty Supply, Nutritionist)
1375 yards to the northeast.
- Morrisons RDC (Supply & Distribution Services)
1114 yards to the southeast.
- The Late Starter Car Boot Sale (Outdoor Recreation)
1425 yards to the north.
- Toolhub Ltd (Wholesale & Supply Store)
755 yards to the northeast.
- Vehicles For Less (Car Dealership)
267 yards to the east.
- Admirals Table - Bridgwater (Bar, Pub)
233 yards to the east.
- GC Sound and Light (Event Planning)
1237 yards to the northeast.
- Somerset Flood Relief Centre (Charity Organization)
1001 yards to the northeast.
- Puriton Village Hall (Community & Government)
1216 yards to the northeast.
- West-Trade1 (Gift Shop)
1375 yards to the northeast.
- Brookridge Group (Outdoors, Garden Center, Agricultural Service)
511 yards to the southeast.
- Harpers Hand-made (Artistic Services, Gift Shop, Other)
1359 yards to the northeast.
- Samuel Thompson Corporate Limited (Web Design, Web Development, Photographer)
1368 yards to the northeast.
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water point
Nearest Rubbish disposal
Nearest Chemical toilet disposal
Nearest Place to turn
Wikipedia has a page about Dunball
Dunball is a small hamlet west of the village of Puriton and close to the town of Bridgwater, Somerset, England.
Just north of Dunball is Down End which is the site of Down End Castle a motte-and-bailey castle, which has been designated as a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Located on the A38, adjacent to Junction 23 of the M5 motorway, it hosts a wharf on the River Parrett, created in 1844 by Bridgwater coal merchants, which is the only part of the Port of Bridgwater still in commercial use today. Dunball also has a small industrial estate, built on the site of the Royal Ordnance Factory's hostel blocks; and a hotel.
The wharf was formerly linked to the Bristol and Exeter Railway by a rail track which crossed the A38, on the right hand side of the hotel. The link was built in 1876 by coal merchants, and was originally operated as a horse-drawn tramway. It was removed during the Beeching Axe and Dunball also lost its railway station on 5 October 1964, which had opened in 1873. The wharf was used during World War II to bring Welsh coal to the nearby Royal Ordnance Factory, ROF Bridgwater. The wharf is now used for landing stone products, mainly marine sand and gravels dredged in the Bristol Channel.
The King's Sedgemoor Drain drains into the River Parrett at Dunball, adjacent to the wharf, via a clyse. The clyse has been moved from its original location and it now obstructs the entrance to a small harbour adjacent to the wharf. During the Winter flooding of 2013–14 on the Somerset Levels high volume pumps from the Netherlands were installed at Dunball.
River silt was dredged from the river in this locality in order to make Bath bricks, an early cleaning material.