|Chandos Bridge||3 miles, 3 furlongs|
|Telescopic Bridge||3 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Bridgwater and Taunton Canal - River Parrett Junction||3 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Western Way Bridge||2 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Parrett - King's Sedgemoor Drain Junction||1 furlong|
|Parrett - Huntspill Junction||8 miles, 1¼ furlongs|
|Stert Point||8 miles, 7 furlongs|
|Parrett - Brue Junction||9 miles, 4¾ furlongs|
|Burnham-on-Sea||10 miles, 4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest place to turn
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
chemical toilet disposal
Wikipedia has a page about Dunball
Dunball is a small hamlet west of the village of Puriton and close to the town of Bridgwater, Somerset, England.
Just north of Dunball is Down End which is the site of Down End Castle a motte-and-bailey castle, which has been designated as a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Located on the A38, adjacent to Junction 23 of the M5 motorway, it hosts a wharf on the River Parrett, created in 1844 by Bridgwater coal merchants, which is the only part of the Port of Bridgwater still in commercial use today. Dunball also has a small industrial estate, built on the site of the Royal Ordnance Factory's hostel blocks; and a hotel.
The wharf was formerly linked to the Bristol and Exeter Railway by a rail track which crossed the A38, on the right hand side of the hotel. The link was built in 1876 by coal merchants, and was originally operated as a horse-drawn tramway. It was removed during the Beeching Axe and Dunball also lost its railway station on 5 October 1964, which had opened in 1873. The wharf was used during World War II to bring Welsh coal to the nearby Royal Ordnance Factory, ROF Bridgwater. The wharf is now used for landing stone products, mainly marine sand and gravels dredged in the Bristol Channel.
The King's Sedgemoor Drain drains into the River Parrett at Dunball, adjacent to the wharf, via a clyse. The clyse has been moved from its original location and it now obstructs the entrance to a small harbour adjacent to the wharf. During the Winter flooding of 2013–14 on the Somerset Levels high volume pumps from the Netherlands were installed at Dunball.
River silt was dredged from the river in this locality in order to make Bath bricks, an early cleaning material.
- Dr. John Buckmaster Aesthetics (Beauty, Region)
1094 yards to the northeast.
- Lucky Leaf Media & Web Design (Web Designer)
374 yards to the northeast.
- PRINT NINJA sw ltd (Printing Service)
967 yards to the south.
- Changing Seasons (Restaurant, Cafe)
1634 yards to the southwest.
- Tim Hansford Transport Ltd (Transportation Service, Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
1358 yards to the south.
- Deluxe Nails - Bridgwater (Nail Salon)
691 yards to the northeast.
- Event Lighting Sound & AV Limited (Local Service)
1403 yards to the northeast.
- SOS Tools (Automotive Parts Store, Local Service)
267 yards to the north.
- Lower Lakes (Hotel, Region)
1565 yards to the southwest.
- The Late Starter Car Boot Sale (Flea Market, Recreation & Fitness)
1425 yards to the north.
- Play at Brewers, King Sedgemoor inn (Family Style Restaurant)
237 yards to the east.
- Brookridge Group (Agricultural Service, Garden Center)
511 yards to the southeast.
- Chess Set Direct (Gift Shop)
1375 yards to the northeast.
- Dunball Wharf (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
182 yards to the northeast.
- Gerber Juice Co Ltd (Business Supply Service)
1265 yards to the south.
- Scania Trucks (Automotive Dealership)
395 yards to the northeast.
- British Car Auctions (Automotive Wholesaler)
767 yards to the north.
- Wm Morrison Rdc,Bridgwater (Food & Beverage)
1250 yards to the south.
- King's Sedgemoor Drain (River)
144 yards to the southeast.
- Cothelstone Hill (State Park)
335 yards to the east.
- St John Ambulance Training Services (Education, Public Services & Government, Education)
904 yards to the south.
- PCL Powder Coating (Commercial & Industrial, Local Service)
453 yards to the northeast.
- Queenswood Foods (Wholesale & Supply Store)
1491 yards to the south.
- K & A Graphic Decal Printers (Graphic Designer)
276 yards to the east.
- Radicol Caravan Services (RV Repair Shop)
237 yards to the east.
- Puriton Primary School (Elementary School)
1463 yards to the northeast.
- Stallis Beach Crete (Beach)
1246 yards to the northeast.
- PURITON POST OFFICE (Post Office)
1628 yards to the northeast.
- Fabclean Services (Dry Cleaner, Carpet Cleaner)
1479 yards to the northeast.
- Court Farm Butchers Ltd (Butcher Shop, ShoppingRetail)
1530 yards to the northeast.
- Bridgwater Flooring (Carpet & Flooring Store)
370 yards to the northeast.
- JEB Plastering Services (Local Service, Home Improvement)
1547 yards to the northeast.
- Wheeler & Son Ltd (Transportation Service)
1276 yards to the south.