|Chandos Bridge||3 miles, 3 furlongs|
|Telescopic Bridge||3 miles, 2¾ furlongs|
|Bridgwater and Taunton canal - River Parrett Junction||3 miles, 1¾ furlongs|
|Western Way Bridge||2 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Parrett - King's Sedgemoor Drain Junction||1 furlong|
|Parrett - Huntspill Junction||8 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Stert Point||8 miles, 7¼ furlongs|
|Parrett - Brue Junction||9 miles, 4¾ furlongs|
|Burnham-on-Sea||10 miles, 4 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest place to turn
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
chemical toilet disposal
Wikipedia has a page about Dunball
Dunball is a small hamlet west of the village of Puriton and close to the town of Bridgwater, Somerset, England.
Just north of Dunball is Down End which is the site of Down End Castle a motte-and-bailey castle, which has been designated as a Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Located on the A38, adjacent to Junction 23 of the M5 motorway, it hosts a wharf on the River Parrett, created in 1844 by Bridgwater coal merchants, which is the only part of the Port of Bridgwater still in commercial use today. Dunball also has a small industrial estate, built on the site of the Royal Ordnance Factory's hostel blocks; and a hotel.
The wharf was formerly linked to the Bristol and Exeter Railway by a rail track which crossed the A38, on the right hand side of the hotel. The link was built in 1876 by coal merchants, and was originally operated as a horse-drawn tramway. It was removed during the Beeching Axe and Dunball also lost its railway station on 5 October 1964, which had opened in 1873. The wharf was used during World War II to bring Welsh coal to the nearby Royal Ordnance Factory, ROF Bridgwater. The wharf is now used for landing stone products, mainly marine sand and gravels dredged in the Bristol Channel.
The King's Sedgemoor Drain drains into the River Parrett at Dunball, adjacent to the wharf, via a clyse. The clyse has been moved from its original location and it now obstructs the entrance to a small harbour adjacent to the wharf. During the Winter flooding of 2013–14 on the Somerset Levels high volume pumps from the Netherlands were installed at Dunball.
River silt was dredged from the river in this locality in order to make Bath bricks, an early cleaning material.
- Tim Hansford Transport Ltd (Transportation Service, Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
1241 to the south.
- Event Lighting Sound & AV Limited (Local Service)
1283 to the northeast.
- Admirals Table - Bridgwater (Pub)
213 to the east.
- Play at Brewers, King Sedgemoor inn (Family Style Restaurant)
216 to the east.
- Changing Seasons (Wine Bar, Cafe)
1493 to the southwest.
- Lucky Leaf Media & Web Design (Web Designer)
342 to the northeast.
- JD Marquees (Event Planning Service)
1275 to the northeast.
- Media Edge UK (Printing Service, Professional Service)
1390 to the south.
- Deluxe Nails - Bridgwater (Nail Salon)
632 to the northeast.
- The Late Starter Car Boot Sale (Flea Market, Recreation & Fitness)
1303 to the north.
- Chess Set Direct (Gift Shop)
1257 to the northeast.
- Gerber Juice Co Ltd (Business Supply Service)
1156 to the south.
- King's Sedgemoor Drain (River)
132 to the southeast.
- Bridgwater (Morrisons Distribution Centre) Work (Foodservice Distributor)
1170 to the south.
- Scania Trucks (Automotive Dealership)
361 to the northeast.
- British Car Auctions (Automotive Wholesaler)
701 to the north.
- Morrisons RDC (Grocery Store)
1049 to the southeast.
- Dunball Wharf (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
166 to the northeast.
- Dunball Industrial Estate (Commercial & Industrial)
414 to the northeast.
- Cothelstone Hill (State Park)
306 to the east.
- Wm Morrison Rdc,Bridgwater (Food & Beverage)
1143 to the south.
- Travis Perkins (Construction Company, ShoppingRetail)
1280 to the south.
- St John Ambulance Training Services (Education, Public Services & Government, Education)
826 to the south.
- Lower Lakes (Region, Vacation Home Rental, Hotel)
1430 to the southwest.
- Puriton Primary School (Elementary School)
1313 to the northeast.
- K & A Graphic Decal Printers (Graphic Designer)
252 to the east.
- Puriton Sports Centre (Sports Club)
1437 to the northeast.
- Stallis Beach Crete (Beach)
1138 to the northeast.
- Radicol Caravan Services (RV Repair Shop)
216 to the east.
- Queenswood Foods (Wholesale & Supply Store)
1362 to the south.
- PURITON POST OFFICE (Post Office)
1488 to the northeast.
- PCL Powder Coating (Commercial & Industrial, Local Service, Professional Service)
413 to the northeast.
- PRINT NINJA sw ltd (Printing Service)
883 to the south.
- Fresh Start- Forever Living Independent Distributor Tina Otley (Cosmetics Store, Nutritionist, Health Food Store)
1257 to the northeast.
- Bridgwater Flooring (Carpet & Flooring Store)
338 to the northeast.
- Court Farm Butchers Ltd (Butcher Shop, ShoppingRetail)
1398 to the northeast.
- Wheeler & Son Ltd (Transportation Service)
1167 to the south.
- SOS Tools (Local Service, Automotive Parts Store)
243 to the north.
- Dr. John Buckmaster Aesthetics (Beauty, Region)
1000 to the northeast.