The place is a visitors mooring and a place of Interest.
|Mill Street Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Southeast end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Northwest end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street Basin||½ furlongs|
|Broad Street Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Top Lock No 1||¼ furlongs|
|Little's Lane Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 2||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 3||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Railway Bridge||2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Tipton Factory Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Tipton Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Dudley Canal No 1 - Birmingham End) to Dudley Tunnel (North end) Travel to Pudding Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wednesbury Old Canal) to Ryders Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Walsall Canal) to Lower Ocker Hill Branch Junction Travel to Aldersley Junction, then on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (Main Line: Aldersley to Autherley) to Autherley Junction, then on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) to Wheaton Aston Services Travel to Bromford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Spon Lane Locks Branch) to Spon Lane Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Engine Arm Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Engine Arm) to Handsworth Wharf Winding Hole
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton (/ˌwʊlvərˈhæmptən/) is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. At the 2011 census, it had a population of 249,470. The demonym for people from the city is "Wulfrunian".
Historically part of Staffordshire, the city is named after Wulfrun, who founded the town in 985, from the Anglo-Saxon Wulfrūnehēantūn ("Wulfrūn's high or principal enclosure or farm"). Prior to the Norman Conquest, the area's name appears only as variants of Heantune or Hamtun, the prefix Wulfrun or similar appearing in 1070 and thereafter. Alternatively, the city may have earned its original name from Wulfereēantūn ("Wulfhere's high or principal enclosure or farm") after the Mercian King, who tradition tells us established an abbey in 659, though no evidence of an abbey has been found. The variation Wolveren Hampton is seen in medieval records, e.g. in 1381.
The city grew initially as a market town specialising in the woollen trade. In the Industrial Revolution, it became a major centre for coal mining, steel production, lock making and the manufacture of cars and motorcycles. The economy of the city is still based on engineering, including a large aerospace industry, as well as the service sector.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga & Pilates)
240 to the southwest.
- Dark Lens (Photographic Services & Equipment, Photographer)
443 to the southwest.
- Wow Hair Wolverhampton (Tanning Salon, Hair Salon, Beauty Salon)
435 to the southwest.
- Frytastic Fish & Chips (Take Out Restaurant, Fish & Chips Shop)
635 to the north.
- Nando's Wolverhampton (Portuguese Restaurant)
406 to the southwest.
- Kaspas Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Ice Cream Parlor)
311 to the south.
- Dawat Punjabi Restaurant (Bar & Grill)
788 to the southwest.
- Starbucks Wolverhampton (Coffee Shop)
577 to the southwest.
- Costa Coffee Wolverhampton Mander Centre (Coffee Shop, Cafe)
595 to the southwest.
- Zorbas Dance Greek Resturant (Greek Restaurant, Bar, Event Venue)
254 to the west.
- House of India (Indian Restaurant)
498 to the southwest.
- Mander Shopping Centre Wolverhampton (Shopping Mall)
610 to the southwest.
- Light House Media Centre (Movie Theater, Art Gallery, Event Venue)
168 to the south.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Ice Cream Parlor, Dessert Place, Coffee Shop)
378 to the south.
- Woverhampton Grand Theatre (Theater, Movie Theater)
314 to the south.
- Outback Nightclub Wolverhampton (Nightlife, Restaurant)
408 to the south.
- Panther Crew Electric Tattooing (Tattoo & Piercing, Arts & Entertainment)
276 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Train Station (Train Station)
229 to the southeast.
- The Moon Under Water (Bar, Pub, Restaurant)
285 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Top Lock (Professional Service, Museum, Movie Theater)
56 to the north.
- Calif Bar Wolverhampton (Bar, Restaurant)
278 to the west.
- Molineux Stadium (Sports Instruction)
537 to the west.
- Weatherspoons, Woverhampton (Pub)
284 to the south.
- Virgin train to London Euston (Train Station)
213 to the southeast.
- The Slade Rooms (Event Venue, Performance Venue, Night Club)
240 to the southwest.
- Grand Station (Event Venue, Wedding Planning, Charity Organization)
411 to the east.
- Queen Square Tattoo Club (Tattoo & Piercing)
512 to the southwest.
- Victoria Hall Wolverhampton (Residence)
125 to the east.
- Aunt Sally's Caribbean Food Wolverhampton (Caribbean Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
280 to the southwest.
- The Great Western (Beer Garden)
399 to the southeast.
- Hungry horse Wolverhampton (Restaurant, Nightlife)
300 to the south.
- Planet, Wolverhampton (Movie Theater)
213 to the southwest.
- Molineux, Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports Club)
598 to the west.
- Bluebrick Pub and Restaurant! (British Restaurant)
208 to the east.
- Boho Bar (Ice Cream Parlor, Bar)
305 to the southwest.
- The Old Still (Bar)
411 to the southwest.
- Marks and Spencer (Department Store)
520 to the southwest.
- Royal London (Pub, Night Club)
320 to the southwest.
- The Sunbeam (Dessert Place, Family Style Restaurant)
300 to the south.
- Rileys Wolverhampton (Sports Bar, Pool & Billiards)
190 to the southwest.
- The Billy Wright (Sports Bar, Pub)
360 to the southwest.
- Slater's Wolverhampton (Restaurant)
515 to the southwest.
- The Grain Store (Bar & Grill, Night Club)
480 to the southwest.
- The Duke of York Pub (Pub, Restaurant)
423 to the southwest.
- University of Wolverhampton (College & University)
348 to the west.
- the planet nightclub (Night Club)
185 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton bus station (Bus Station)
346 to the south.