The place is a visitors mooring and a place of Interest.
|Mill Street Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Southeast end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Northwest end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street Basin||½ furlongs|
|Broad Street Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Top Lock No 1||¼ furlongs|
|Little's Lane Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 2||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 3||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Railway Bridge||2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Tipton Factory Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Tipton Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Dudley Canal No 1 - Birmingham End) to Dudley Tunnel (North end) Travel to Pudding Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wednesbury Old Canal) to Ryders Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Walsall Canal) to Lower Ocker Hill Branch Junction Travel to Aldersley Junction, then on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (Main Line: Aldersley to Autherley) to Autherley Junction, then on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) to Wheaton Aston Services Travel to Bromford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Spon Lane Locks Branch) to Spon Lane Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Engine Arm Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Engine Arm) to Handsworth Wharf Winding Hole
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton (/ˌwʊlvərˈhæmptən/) is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. At the 2011 census, it had a population of 249,470. The demonym for people from the city is "Wulfrunian".
Historically part of Staffordshire, the city is named after Wulfrun, who founded the town in 985, from the Anglo-Saxon Wulfrūnehēantūn ("Wulfrūn's high or principal enclosure or farm"). Prior to the Norman Conquest, the area's name appears only as variants of Heantune or Hamtun, the prefix Wulfrun or similar appearing in 1070 and thereafter. Alternatively, the city may have earned its original name from Wulfereēantūn ("Wulfhere's high or principal enclosure or farm") after the Mercian King, who tradition tells us established an abbey in 659, though no evidence of an abbey has been found. The variation Wolveren Hampton is seen in medieval records, e.g. in 1381.
The city grew initially as a market town specialising in the woollen trade. In the Industrial Revolution, it became a major centre for coal mining, steel production, lock making and the manufacture of cars and motorcycles. The economy of the city is still based on engineering, including a large aerospace industry, as well as the service sector.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga & Pilates, Medical & Health)
240 to the southwest.
- Light House Media Centre (Art Gallery, Movie Theater)
168 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Art Gallery (Art Gallery, Art Museum, Travel & Transportation)
396 to the southwest.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Coffee Shop, Dessert Place, Ice Cream Parlor)
378 to the south.
- The Northbank, Molineux (Museum)
579 to the west.
- Royal London (Pub)
320 to the southwest.
- Hogshead Wolverhampton (Pub)
294 to the southwest.
- Rileys Wolverhampton (Sports Bar, Pool & Billiards)
204 to the southwest.
- The Sunbeam (Family Style Restaurant, Dessert Place)
311 to the south.
- Slater's Wolverhampton (Burger Restaurant)
515 to the southwest.
- The Billy Wright (Pub, Sports Bar)
360 to the southwest.
- The George Wallis (Restaurant, Pub)
659 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Train Station (Train Station)
218 to the southeast.
- Molineux Stadium (Landmark)
537 to the west.
- The Slade Rooms (Performance Venue, Night Club)
189 to the southwest.
- the planet nightclub (Night Club, Party Center)
185 to the southwest.
- Carvers Building Supplies (Home Improvement, Contractor, Hardware Store)
92 to the northwest.
- Wolverhampton City Centre (Hotel)
514 to the southwest.
- Virgin train to London Euston (Travel & Transportation)
213 to the southeast.
- Slade Rooms Wolverhampton Civic (Performance Venue)
190 to the southwest.
- The Lighthouse (Movie Theater)
179 to the south.
- Lighthouse Cinema (Movie Theater)
155 to the south.
- Grand Station (Wedding Planning, Charity Organization)
411 to the east.
- Bluebrick Pub and Restaurant! (British Restaurant, Arts & Entertainment)
208 to the east.
- Lighthouse Cinema Wolverhampton (Movie Theater)
146 to the south.
- Planet, Wolverhampton (Night Club)
213 to the southwest.
- The Grand Theatre, Wolverhampton (Theater, Performance Venue)
296 to the southwest.
- Weatherspoons, Woverhampton (Bar & Grill)
284 to the south.
- The Moon Under Water (Pub, Bar, Restaurant)
285 to the southwest.
- McGhees (Bar)
396 to the southwest.
- The Great Western (Pub)
397 to the southeast.
- Britannia Hotel (Hotel)
301 to the south.
- Buddha Lounge (Night Club, Bar, Performance Venue)
222 to the south.
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Bed and Breakfast, Hotel, Restaurant)
216 to the southeast.
- West Park (Park)
1188 to the west.
- Hungry horse Wolverhampton (British Restaurant)
300 to the south.
- Wetherspoons Moon under water, Wolverhampton (Pub)
282 to the southwest.
- University of Wolverhampton (College & University)
348 to the west.
- Nando's Wolverhampton (Portuguese Restaurant)
406 to the southwest.
- Kaspas Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Ice Cream Parlor)
311 to the south.
- Outback Nightclub Wolverhampton (Night Club, Bar)
408 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Grand (Movie Theater, Performance Venue)
306 to the south.
- Panther Crew Electric Tattooing (SpasBeautyPersonal Care)
276 to the south.
- Wolverhampton railway station (Train Station)
248 to the southeast.
- Wolverhampton bus station (Bus Station)
346 to the south.