The place is a visitors mooring and a place of Interest.
|Mill Street Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Southeast end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Northwest end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street Basin||½ furlongs|
|Broad Street Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Top Lock No 1||¼ furlongs|
|Little's Lane Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 2||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 3||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Railway Bridge||2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton (/ˌwʊlvərˈhæmptən/) is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. At the 2011 census, it had a population of 249,470. The demonym for people from the city is "Wulfrunian".
Historically part of Staffordshire, the city is named after Wulfrun, who founded the town in 985, from the Anglo-Saxon Wulfrūnehēantūn ("Wulfrūn's high or principal enclosure or farm"). Prior to the Norman Conquest, the area's name appears only as variants of Heantune or Hamtun, the prefix Wulfrun or similar appearing in 1070 and thereafter. Alternatively, the city may have earned its original name from Wulfereēantūn ("Wulfhere's high or principal enclosure or farm") after the Mercian King, who tradition tells us established an abbey in 659, though no evidence of an abbey has been found. The variation Wolveren Hampton is seen in medieval records, e.g. in 1381.
The city grew initially as a market town specialising in the woollen trade. In the Industrial Revolution, it became a major centre for coal mining, steel production, lock making and the manufacture of cars and motorcycles. The economy of the city is still based on engineering, including a large aerospace industry, as well as the service sector.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga & Pilates)
240 to the southwest.
- Dark Lens (Photographer, Photographic Services & Equipment)
443 to the southwest.
- Wow Hair Wolverhampton (Hair Salon, Tanning Salon, Beauty Salon)
435 to the southwest.
- Zorba's Dance Greek Restaurant (Greek Restaurant, Bar, British Restaurant)
266 to the west.
- African Village (African Restaurant)
273 to the southwest.
- House of India (Indian Restaurant)
498 to the southwest.
- Calif Bar & Restaurant (African Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
501 to the northwest.
- Kaspas Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Ice Cream Parlor)
311 to the south.
- New Central cafe (Cafe, Coffee Shop)
647 to the southwest.
- Mander Shopping Centre Wolverhampton (Shopping Mall)
610 to the southwest.
- Light House Media Centre (Movie Theater, Art Gallery, Event Venue)
167 to the south.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream Parlor)
378 to the south.
- Woverhampton Grand Theatre (Theater, Movie Theater)
314 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Grand (Performance Venue, Theater)
306 to the south.
- Outback Nightclub Wolverhampton (Nightlife, Restaurant)
408 to the south.
- Panther Crew Electric Tattooing (Tattoo & Piercing)
276 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Train Station (Train Station)
229 to the southeast.
- The Moon Under Water (Bar, Restaurant, Pub)
285 to the southwest.
- Dunton Enviromental (Recycling & Waste Management, SpasBeautyPersonal Care)
650 to the southeast.
- Virgin train to London Euston (Public Transportation)
213 to the southeast.
- Nando's (Portuguese Restaurant)
420 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Canal (Travel & Transportation)
125 to the southeast.
- The Slade Rooms (Night Club, Concert Venue, Event Venue)
189 to the southwest.
- Slaters Bar (Restaurant)
512 to the southwest.
- Queen Square Tattoo Club (Tattoo & Piercing)
512 to the southwest.
- Costa Coffee Wolverhampton Bus Station (Coffee Shop)
324 to the south.
- The Sunbeam Hungry Horse (Restaurant, Bar)
297 to the south.
- Carvers Building Supplies (Construction Service & Supply, Other)
87 to the northwest.
- Victoria Hall Wolverhampton (Residence)
120 to the east.
- Lighthouse Cinema (Movie Theater)
155 to the south.
- Molineux Stadium (Sports Venue & Stadium)
537 to the west.
- Greggs (Fast Food Restaurant)
483 to the southwest.
- Molineux, Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports & Recreation)
605 to the west.
- Eat4less (Place to EatDrink, Grocery Store)
501 to the southwest.
- Faces Wolverhampton (Arts & Entertainment)
565 to the south.
- The Lych Gate Tavern (Pub, Bar)
504 to the southwest.
- Burger King Wolverhampton (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
727 to the southwest.
- Molinuex Stadium, Wolverhampton Wanderers F.c (Sports Venue & Stadium, Sports & Recreation)
560 to the west.
- Definitive Art Tattoo Studio (Tattoo & Piercing)
687 to the southwest.
- Royal London (Pub, Night Club)
316 to the southwest.
- The Sunbeam (Family Style Restaurant, Dessert Place)
311 to the south.
- The Billy Wright (Pub, Sports Bar)
360 to the southwest.
- Slater's Wolverhampton (Restaurant)
599 to the southwest.
- The Grain Store (Bar & Grill, Night Club)
487 to the southwest.
- University of Wolverhampton (College & University)
361 to the southwest.
- the planet nightclub (Night Club)
204 to the southwest.
- Buddha Lounge (Night Club, Bar, Event Venue)
222 to the south.
- Wolverhampton bus station (Bus Station)
346 to the south.