The place is a visitors mooring and a place of Interest.
|Mill Street Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Southeast end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Northwest end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street Basin||½ furlongs|
|Broad Street Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Top Lock No 1||¼ furlongs|
|Little's Lane Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 2||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 3||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Railway Bridge||2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Tipton Factory Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Tipton Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Dudley Canal No 1 - Birmingham End) to Dudley Tunnel (North end) Travel to Pudding Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wednesbury Old Canal) to Ryders Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Walsall Canal) to Lower Ocker Hill Branch Junction Travel to Aldersley Junction, then on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (Main Line: Aldersley to Autherley) to Autherley Junction, then on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) to Wheaton Aston Services Travel to Bromford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Spon Lane Locks Branch) to Spon Lane Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Engine Arm Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Engine Arm) to Handsworth Wharf Winding Hole
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton (/ˌwʊlvərˈhæmptən/) is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. At the 2011 census, it had a population of 249,470. The demonym for people from the city is "Wulfrunian".
Historically part of Staffordshire, the city is named after Wulfrun, who founded the town in 985, from the Anglo-Saxon Wulfrūnehēantūn ("Wulfrūn's high or principal enclosure or farm"). Prior to the Norman Conquest, the area's name appears only as variants of Heantune or Hamtun, the prefix Wulfrun or similar appearing in 1070 and thereafter. Alternatively, the city may have earned its original name from Wulfereēantūn ("Wulfhere's high or principal enclosure or farm") after the Mercian King, who tradition tells us established an abbey in 659, though no evidence of an abbey has been found. The variation Wolveren Hampton is seen in medieval records, e.g. in 1381.
The city grew initially as a market town specialising in the woollen trade. In the Industrial Revolution, it became a major centre for coal mining, steel production, lock making and the manufacture of cars and motorcycles. The economy of the city is still based on engineering, including a large aerospace industry, as well as the service sector.
- Carver Wolverhampton Marathon Events (Charity Organization)
1133 to the west.
- Wolverhampton bus station (Bus Station)
346 to the south.
- Atlas gym home of champions (Gym)
1389 to the southeast.
- Wolverhampton Art Gallery (Tourist Attraction, Art Gallery, Art Museum)
396 to the southwest.
- Light House Media Centre (Movie Theater, Art Gallery, Event Venue)
168 to the south.
- University of Wolverhampton (College & University)
348 to the west.
- the planet nightclub (Night Club, Party Center, Performance Venue)
185 to the southwest.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga & Pilates)
240 to the southwest.
- Wow Hair Wolverhampton (Hair Salon, Beauty Salon, Tanning Salon)
435 to the southwest.
- The Sunbeam (Family Style Restaurant, Dessert Place)
311 to the south.
- Rileys Wolverhampton (Sports Bar, Pool & Billiards)
204 to the southwest.
- Royal London (Pub, Night Club)
320 to the southwest.
- Mander Shopping Centre Wolverhampton (Shopping Mall)
610 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Train Station (Train Station)
218 to the southeast.
- The Moon Under Water (Bar, Pub, Restaurant)
285 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton City Centre (Hotel)
514 to the southwest.
- The Slade Rooms (Event Venue, Performance Venue, Night Club)
189 to the southwest.
- The Sunbeam Hungry Horse (Restaurant)
297 to the south.
- Grand Station (Event Venue, Wedding Planning, Charity Organization)
411 to the east.
- Molineux Stadium (Event Venue)
537 to the west.
- Lighthouse Cinema (Movie Theater)
155 to the south.
- The Lighthouse (Movie Theater)
179 to the south.
- Carvers Building Supplies (Construction Service & Supply, Other)
92 to the northwest.
- US Nails (Nail Salon)
275 to the west.
- Weatherspoons, Woverhampton (Bar & Grill)
284 to the south.
- Wolverhampton parkrun, West Park (Sports & Recreation)
1374 to the west.
- Queen Square Tattoo Club (Tattoo & Piercing)
512 to the southwest.
- Premier Inn Wolverhampton City Centre (Bed and Breakfast, Hotel, Restaurant)
216 to the southeast.
- McGhees (Place to EatDrink)
396 to the southwest.
- The Great Western (Bar, Pub)
392 to the southeast.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Ice Cream Parlor, Coffee Shop)
378 to the south.
- Woverhampton Grand Theatre (Theater, Movie Theater)
314 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Grand (Theater, Performance Venue)
306 to the south.
- Outback Nightclub Wolverhampton (Nightlife, Restaurant)
408 to the south.
- Panther Crew Electric Tattooing (Tattoo & Piercing)
276 to the south.
- Nando's Wolverhampton (Portuguese Restaurant)
406 to the southwest.
- Kaspas Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Ice Cream Parlor)
311 to the south.
- Zorbas Dance Greek Resturant (Greek Restaurant, Bar, Event Venue)
254 to the west.