The place is a visitors mooring and a place of Interest.
|Mill Street Bridge||2 furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Southeast end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Tunnel (Northwest end)||1¼ furlongs|
|Broad Street Basin||½ furlongs|
|Broad Street Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Top Lock No 1||¼ furlongs|
|Little's Lane Bridge||¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 2||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 3||1¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Railway Bridge||2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest Water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest Rubbish disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest Chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest Place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Wikipedia has a page about Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton (/ˌwʊlvərˈhæmptən/) is a city and metropolitan borough in the West Midlands, England. At the 2011 census, it had population of 249,470. The demonym for people from the city is "Wulfrunian".
Historically part of Staffordshire, the city is named after Wulfrun, who founded the town in 985, from the Anglo-Saxon Wulfrūnehēantūn ("Wulfrūn's high or principal enclosure or farm"). Prior to the Norman Conquest, the area's name appears only as variants of Heantune or Hamtun, the prefix Wulfrun or similar appearing in 1070 and thereafter. Alternatively, the city may have earned its original name from Wulfereēantūn ("Wulfhere's high or principal enclosure or farm") after the Mercian King, who tradition tells us established an abbey in 659, though no evidence of an abbey has been found. The variation Wolveren Hampton is seen in medieval records, e.g. in 1381.
The city grew initially as a market town specialising in the woollen trade. In the Industrial Revolution, it became a major centre for coal mining, steel production, lock making and the manufacture of cars and motorcycles. The economy of the city is still based on engineering, including a large aerospace industry, as well as the service sector.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga & Pilates)
240 to the southwest.
- Zorba's Dance Greek Restaurant (Greek Restaurant, Bar, British Restaurant)
266 to the west.
- Bilash Restaurant (Fine Dining Restaurant, Indian Restaurant, Asian Fusion Restaurant)
552 to the southwest.
- The Burger Priest - Wolverhampton (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
655 to the southwest.
- Calif Bar & Restaurant (African Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
501 to the northwest.
- The Wedding Dress Warehouse (Shopping & Retail)
872 to the southwest.
- Addictions Hair & Beauty (Hair Salon)
255 to the west.
- Wolverhampton Train Station (Train Station)
220 to the southeast.
- The Moon Under Water (Bar, Restaurant, Pub)
279 to the southwest.
- Dunton Enviromental (Recycling & Waste Management, SpasBeautyPersonal Care)
650 to the southeast.
- Pdsa Tuxford Close (Veterinarian)
655 to the northeast.
- The Slade Rooms (Night Club, Concert Venue, Event Venue)
189 to the southwest.
- Virgin train to London Euston (Public Transportation)
213 to the southeast.
- The Lighthouse (Movie Theater)
179 to the south.
- Victoria Hall Wolverhampton (Residence)
125 to the east.
- Wolverhampton Top Lock (Movie Theater, Museum)
56 to the north.
- Carvers Building Supplies (Construction Service & Supply, Other)
87 to the northwest.
- Planet, Wolverhampton (Arts & Entertainment)
213 to the southwest.
- Molineux Stadium (Sports Venue & Stadium)
537 to the west.
- Weatherspoons, Woverhampton (Bar, Pub, Restaurant)
279 to the southwest.
- CHLOÉ laser tattoo removal (Tattoo & Piercing)
77 to the southeast.
- Lighthouse Cinema (Movie Theater)
155 to the south.
- Burger King Wolverhampton (Burger Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
727 to the southwest.
- Costa Coffee (Place to EatDrink)
615 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Cambridge Weight Plan Centre (Professional Services)
663 to the southwest.
- Atlantis (Night Club)
564 to the south.
- Hungry horse Wolverhampton (Fast Food Restaurant, Bar)
300 to the south.
- Grand Station (Event Venue, Event Planner, Wedding Planning)
411 to the east.
- Consol sun Centre Wolverhampton (Tanning Salon)
808 to the southwest.
- Light House Media Centre (Movie Theater, Event Venue, Art Gallery)
167 to the south.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Dessert Place, Coffee Shop, Ice Cream Parlor)
378 to the south.
- Zuri Coffee (Coffee Shop)
297 to the southwest.
- Woverhampton Grand Theatre (Theater, Movie Theater)
314 to the south.
- Wolverhampton Grand (Performance Venue, Theater)
311 to the south.
- Panther Crew Electric Tattooing (Tattoo & Piercing)
276 to the south.
- Royal London (Night Club, Pub)
340 to the southwest.
- The Billy Wright (Sports Bar, Pub)
377 to the southwest.
- The Sunbeam (Family Style Restaurant, Dessert Place)
311 to the south.
- The Duke of York Pub (Restaurant, Pub)
423 to the southwest.
- Slater's Wolverhampton (Restaurant)
514 to the southwest.
- Rileys Wolverhampton (Sports Bar, Pool & Billiards)
205 to the southwest.
- University of Wolverhampton (College & University)
361 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton (Bar)
971 to the southwest.
- the planet nightclub (Night Club)
185 to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton bus station (Bus Station)
346 to the south.