|Houghton Mill Channel Exit||1 mile, 5¾ furlongs|
|Houghton Lock No 13||1 mile, 5½ furlongs|
|Houghton Lock Weir Entrance No 2||1 mile, 5¼ furlongs|
|Houghton Lock Weir Entrance No 1||1 mile, 1¾ furlongs|
|Hartford Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Purvis Marine Wharf||6¾ furlongs|
|Huntingdon Old Road Bridge||1 mile, ¾ furlongs|
|A14 Road Bridge (Huntingdon)||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Mill Common Arm||1 mile, 1¾ furlongs|
|Huntingdon Boathaven Marina||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
chemical toilet disposal
Wikipedia has a page about Hartford
Hartford is the capital of the U.S. state of Connecticut. It was the seat of Hartford County until Connecticut disbanded county government in 1960. As of the 2010 Census, Hartford's population was 124,775, making it Connecticut's third-largest city after the coastal cities of Bridgeport and New Haven. Census Bureau estimates since then have indicated Hartford's subsequent fall to fourth place statewide as a result of sustained population growth in the coastal city of Stamford.
Nicknamed the "Insurance Capital of the World", Hartford houses many insurance company headquarters, and insurance remains the region's major industry. Founded in 1635, Hartford is among the oldest cities in the United States. Hartford is home to the nation's oldest public art museum, the Wadsworth Atheneum; the oldest publicly funded park, Bushnell Park; the oldest continuously published newspaper, The Hartford Courant; the second-oldest secondary school, Hartford Public; Trinity College, an elite, private liberal arts college, and the Mark Twain House where the author wrote his most famous works and raised his family, among other historically significant attractions. In 1868, resident Mark Twain wrote, "Of all the beautiful towns it has been my fortune to see this is the chief."
Following the American Civil War, Hartford was the richest city in the United States for several decades. Today, Hartford is one of the poorest cities in the nation with 3 out of every 10 families living below the poverty line. In sharp contrast, the Hartford metropolitan area is ranked 32nd of 318 metropolitan areas in total economic production and 7th out of 280 metropolitan statistical areas in per capita income. Highlighting the socio-economic disparity between Hartford and its suburbs, 83% of Hartford's jobs are filled by commuters from neighboring towns who earn over $80,000, while 75% of Hartford residents who commute to work in other towns earn just $40,000.
- King of the Belgians (Bar, Gastropub)
237 yards to the northwest.
- Hartford Mill (Pub)
1169 yards to the east.
- Coneygear Park - managed by Huntingdon Town Council (Park)
1203 yards to the northwest.
- Debs Zumba Huntingdon (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Medical & Health)
1260 yards to the northwest.
- The Barley Mow in Hartford (Family Style Restaurant, Bar)
243 yards to the north.
- WATA - West Anglia Training Association (Education)
537 yards to the northeast.
- Lord Protecter Pub & Sports Bar (Pub, Sports Bar, Bar & Grill)
965 yards to the west.
- Hartford Infants (Elementary School)
926 yards to the west.
- Leo's Funzone (Playground)
2100 yards to the west.
- Huntingdon Medway Centre (Community Center, Public Services & Government)
1509 yards to the northwest.
- Huntingdon Boat Club (Sports Club)
1395 yards to the southwest.
- Costa Coffee (Coffee Shop)
1537 yards to the east.
- BP (Gas Station)
806 yards to the northeast.
- Garden Glamour Garden Flags & Hand Personalised Decorations & Piggy Banks (ShoppingRetail)
148 yards to the north.
- Botanic Kitchen (Family Style Restaurant)
1546 yards to the east.
- Golden Lake (Chinese Restaurant)
949 yards to the west.
- Abbie and Laura Baked Goods (Bakery, Cupcake Shop, Restaurant)
314 yards to the west.
- The Medway Centre (Organization)
1574 yards to the northwest.
- Huntingdon Gymnastics Club (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Sports & Fitness Instructor)
899 yards to the west.
- Avon Huntingdon (ShoppingRetail)
1293 yards to the west.
- Exclusive Tea - Shop (Coffee Shop, Fast Food Restaurant)
1121 yards to the northwest.
- Huntingdonshire Regional College (College & University)
1573 yards to the west.
- Hartford Marina (Marina)
1161 yards to the east.
- Tanar Therapies (Medical & Health, Local Business)
314 yards to the west.