The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
- Kate's Monday Madness (Fitness Center)
1483 yards to the south.
- Al Azhar Masjid South Shields (Religious Organization)
865 yards to the east.
- NPI Construction (Construction Service & Supply, Electrician, Real Estate Developer)
1319 yards to the east.
- Smiles Pet Services (Pet Service)
674 yards to the southeast.
- Shields Ferry (Ferry & Boat)
1322 yards to the northeast.
- Benefit North Shields Bootcamp (Physical Fitness)
852 yards to the north.
- Kate's Slimming & Fitness Club (Fitness Center)
1562 yards to the south.
- Buttylicious Sandwich Bar (Restaurant)
1607 yards to the east.
- Howell Computing Ltd (Computer Services)
783 yards to the east.
- Lenny's Autos (Automotive Repair)
487 yards to the east.
- Car Electrical Ltd (Car Parts & Accessories, Automotive Repair)
1398 yards to the northeast.
- Riverview Cars LTD (Car Dealership)
629 yards to the southeast.
- Club Kez (Lounge)
943 yards to the southeast.
- Newcastle-Amsterdam Ferry (Ferry & Boat)
466 yards to the north.
- Port of Tyne (Transportation Service, Ferry & Boat)
645 yards to the south.
- Nissan Car Teminal Port of Tyne (Automotive, Ferry & Boat)
1411 yards to the southwest.
- Tay Barns South Shields (Buffet Restaurant)
1605 yards to the south.
- Newcastle UK (Region)
1231 yards to the east.
- Blue Bar (Bar)
1287 yards to the northeast.
- Holborn Rose & Crown South Shields (Pub)
802 yards to the northeast.
- The Dolly Peel (Bar, Pub)
716 yards to the east.
- Trinity Medical Centre (Medical & Health)
1050 yards to the east.
- Bt Harton Quay (Corporate Office)
1327 yards to the northeast.
- Costa Coffee Royal Quays (Coffee Shop)
1213 yards to the northwest.
- North Shields Ferry Port (Ferry & Boat)
594 yards to the north.
- The Chichester Arms (Pub)
1455 yards to the east.
- Westoe Removals (Mover, Storage)
629 yards to the southeast.
- The Trams (Social Club)
1372 yards to the east.
- Soccerdome @ DW Sports Fitness (Gym)
1020 yards to the northwest.
- King Seaways (Ferry & Boat)
378 yards to the north.
- Chichester Snooker Centre (Sports Club)
1472 yards to the east.
- Brewsters Fayre and Softplay (Food & Restaurant, Bar)
1039 yards to the northwest.
- Little Jems Nursery (Child Care)
1624 yards to the southwest.
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the Tyne Improvement Commission to handle Tyneside's coal exports. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above