The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
- Magenta V.i.p (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
1362 to the east.
- The Waggy Warehouse (Pet Service)
694 to the southeast.
- Redline Taxis (Taxi, Charter Buses)
1393 to the east.
- The Parks Sports Centre (Gym, Sports Center)
1464 to the north.
- Jason Cook's Comedy Club (Comedy Club)
1046 to the northeast.
- MFA Bowl North Shields (Bowling Alley)
1165 to the northwest.
- The Waterfront - Mill Dam (Restaurant)
1129 to the northeast.
- The Queen Vic: Live Music Venue (Pub)
1290 to the east.
- The Riverside South Shields (Tapas Bar & Restaurant)
1140 to the northeast.
- Benefit Fitness Club North Shields (Physical Fitness)
779 to the north.
- The Fitness Club UK (Gym, Fitness Center)
1386 to the northeast.
- Total Fitness Tribe - South Shields (Fitness Center)
755 to the northeast.
- Kate's Slimming & Fitness Club (Fitness Center)
1393 to the south.
- South-Shields Fight-Factory (Martial Arts, Sports Venue & Stadium)
936 to the east.
- The CustomSpace (Bands & Musicians, Music Production)
773 to the southeast.
- DFDS Ferry Terminal, North Shields (Ferry & Boat)
517 to the north.
- Newcastle-Amsterdam Ferry (Ferry & Boat)
450 to the north.
- Port of Tyne (Ferry & Boat, Business Services)
1036 to the south.
- DFDS Ferry to Amsterdam (Ferry & Boat)
389 to the north.
- Royal Quays Marina (Outdoors, Hotel)
690 to the north.
- The Address No 5" (Bar & Grill)
1374 to the northeast.
- Market Cobbler & Park View Cobbler (Locksmith, Repair Service, Shoe Store)
1359 to the northeast.
- Xercise4less North Shields (Gym)
1288 to the northwest.
- Wet N Wild (Swimming Pool)
1026 to the northwest.
- Lifestyle Fitness. Crossgate. South Shields (Fitness Center)
1425 to the northeast.
- Bar Blue Bistro South Shields (Bar, Fast Food Restaurant)
1185 to the northeast.
- Lifestyle Fitness (Gym)
1419 to the northeast.
- Costa Coffee (Coffee Shop)
1472 to the northeast.
- DW Fitness North Shields (Gym)
931 to the northwest.
- Brewers Fayre Royal Quays (Bar & Grill)
1039 to the northwest.
- South Shields Market (Market)
1368 to the northeast.
- Bar blue Bistro (Bar & Grill, Fast Food Restaurant)
1179 to the northeast.
- The Charlie Cookson Foundation (Charity Organization)
1307 to the northeast.
- Nissan Car Teminal Port of Tyne (Automotive)
1289 to the southwest.
- Starbucks - Simonside City (Cafe, Fast Food Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1402 to the south.
- Kodokwai Judo Club (Martial Arts)
823 to the northeast.
- Starbucks (Coffee Shop)
1388 to the south.