The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
- Tinted Vision Window Tinting (Glass Service, Glass Products)
694 to the east.
- Man vs Food Grill House (Barbecue Restaurant)
1207 to the south.
- Aldermans Coffee House (Cafe, Coffee Shop)
1391 to the northeast.
- Chaska Grill Da (Fast Food Restaurant, Bar & Grill, Take Out Restaurant)
912 to the east.
- The Waggy Warehouse (Pet Service)
694 to the southeast.
- The Parks Sports Centre (Gym, Sports Center, Professional Services)
1464 to the north.
- Customs House (Theater, Performance Venue)
1023 to the northeast.
- Mechanics Arms (Pub, Bar, Karaoke)
1428 to the northeast.
- Trimmers Arms - South Shields (Pub, Bands & Musicians)
722 to the northeast.
- The Waterfront - Mill Dam (Restaurant)
1129 to the northeast.
- The Riverside South Shields (Tapas Bar & Restaurant)
1140 to the northeast.
- The Queen Vic: Live Music Venue (Pub)
1290 to the east.
- The Persey social club (Social Club)
1451 to the southeast.
- The Fitness Club UK (Fitness Center, Gym)
1386 to the northeast.
- Total Fitness Tribe - South Shields (Fitness Center)
755 to the northeast.
- Benefit Fitness Club North Shields (Physical Fitness, Medical & Health)
776 to the north.
- Kate's Slimming & Fitness Club (Fitness Center)
1393 to the south.
- The Cakeaway (Take Out Restaurant)
1453 to the east.
- South-Shields Fight-Factory (Martial Arts, Sports Venue & Stadium)
936 to the east.
- South Shields Boxing Academy ABC (Sports Club, Physical Fitness)
1384 to the south.
- Port of Tyne (Ferry & Boat, Business Services)
1036 to the south.
- Newcastle-Amsterdam Ferry (Ferry & Boat)
450 to the north.
- Xercise4less North Shields (Gym)
1288 to the northwest.
- Port of Tyne Coal Terminal. South Shelds. (Port, Education)
724 to the southwest.
- Lifestyle Fitness (Gym)
1419 to the northeast.
- DW Gym, Royal Quays (Gym)
939 to the northwest.
- Royal Quays Marina (Marina, Hotel)
690 to the north.
- DFDS Ferry to Amsterdam (Ferry & Boat)
390 to the north.
- Port Of Tyne International Passenger Terminal (Travel & Transportation)
527 to the north.
- Wet N Wild (Park)
1026 to the northwest.
- The Address No 5" (Bar & Grill)
1374 to the northeast.
- Bar blue Bistro (Bar & Grill)
1179 to the northeast.
- Crash Magic (Auto Body Shop)
828 to the southeast.
- Massarella's (Cafe)
1165 to the northwest.
- Bar Blue Bistro South Shields (Fast Food Restaurant, Bar)
1181 to the northeast.
- Costa Coffee (Coffee Shop)
1472 to the northeast.
- Starbucks - Simonside City (Coffee Shop, Cafe, Fast Food Restaurant)
1402 to the south.
- Starbucks (Fast Food Restaurant)
1388 to the south.
- South Shields Market (Market)
1368 to the northeast.
- Lifestyle Fitness. Crossgate. South Shields (Fitness Center, Medical & Health)
1425 to the northeast.
- Brewers Fayre Royal Quays (Bar & Grill)
1039 to the northwest.
- Kuei-Ling Martial Arts (Martial Arts)
1214 to the east.