The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
- DFDS Seaways UK (Travel Agency, Ferry & Boat, Cruise)
465 to the north.
- Customs House (Theater, Performance Venue)
1036 to the northeast.
- The Garage Studios (Music Production, Arts & Entertainment)
822 to the southeast.
- South Tyneside Comedy Festival (Arts & Entertainment)
1046 to the northeast.
- The Maltings (Pub)
1477 to the northeast.
- The Waterfront - Mill Dam (Restaurant)
1129 to the northeast.
- Holborn RoseandCrown (Pub)
732 to the northeast.
- Trimmers Arms - South Shields (Pub, MusicianBand)
723 to the northeast.
- The Boldon Lad (Beer Garden, Pub)
855 to the south.
- Lambton Arms (Pub)
1425 to the northeast.
- Vets4Pets South Shields Quays (Veterinarian)
1235 to the northeast.
- Benefit Fitness Club North Shields (Physical Fitness, Medical & Health)
783 to the north.
- The Cake Takeaway (Take Out Restaurant)
1453 to the east.
- DW fitness club (Gym)
930 to the northwest.
- Port of Tyne Coal Terminal. South Shelds. (Port)
724 to the southwest.
- Port of Tyne (Cargo & Freight Company)
1036 to the south.
- Port of Tyne, Newcastle (Port)
499 to the north.
- DFDS Ferry Terminal, North Shields (Ferry & Boat)
517 to the north.
- DFDS Ferry to Amsterdam (Ferry & Boat)
390 to the north.
- Customs House Theatre (Theater, Movie Theater)
1043 to the northeast.
- Wet N Wild (Water Park)
1026 to the northwest.
- Royal Quays Marina (Outdoors)
693 to the north.
- Starbucks (Coffee Shop)
1388 to the south.
- South Shields Magistrates Court (Community & Government)
981 to the northeast.
- On Board Princess Seaways (Ferry & Boat)
376 to the north.
- Le Petit Four Francais (Coffee Shop)
1205 to the northwest.
- Port Of Tyne International Passenger Terminal (Travel & Transportation)
506 to the north.
- The ADDRESS formally the old tram Inn (Arts & Entertainment, Family Style Restaurant)
1377 to the northeast.
- Cream Hair Design (Hair Salon)
1457 to the east.
- Sapphire Studios (Photographer, Photographic Services & Equipment)
1457 to the northeast.
- Newcastle (Travel & Transportation)
865 to the northwest.
- Xercise4less North Shields (Gym)
1289 to the northwest.
- On Board DFDS King Seaways (Ferry & Boat)
305 to the north.
- Man V's Food, Hudson Street, South Shields (Fast Food Restaurant, Steakhouse)
1182 to the south.
- Chichester Arms (Bar)
1338 to the east.
- Bar Blue Bistro South Shiekds (Fast Food Restaurant, Bar)
1181 to the northeast.
- Garage Rehearsal Rooms (Organization)
754 to the southeast.
- Raja's Grill and Fry - Restaurant and Takeaway (Fish & Chips Shop, Fast Food Restaurant, Indian Restaurant)
1316 to the east.