The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
- Al Azhar Masjid South Shields (Religious Organization, Education)
865 to the east.
- K L Metal Art (Artistic Services, Metals)
1239 to the northeast.
- Mad 4 Pets (Pet Store)
752 to the northeast.
- The Waggy Warehouse (Pet Service)
694 to the southeast.
- The Cake Takeaway (Take Out Restaurant)
1453 to the east.
- Customs House (Theater, Performance Venue)
1023 to the northeast.
- Robert Patterson Photography (Photographer)
1484 to the northeast.
- The Waterfront - Mill Dam (Restaurant)
1066 to the northeast.
- Holborn RoseandCrown (Pub)
734 to the northeast.
- Trimmers Arms - South Shields (Pub, Bands & Musicians)
723 to the northeast.
- Lambton Arms (Pub)
1425 to the northeast.
- Benefit Fitness Club North Shields (Physical Fitness, Medical & Health)
776 to the north.
- Vic Young South Shields Ltd (Car Dealership, Automotive Customizing)
1473 to the south.
- Tyneside tyre services (Tire Dealer & Repair Shop)
1232 to the east.
- Tinted Vision Window Tinting (Glass Service, Glass Products)
694 to the east.
- South-Shields Fight-Factory (Martial Arts, Sports Venue & Stadium)
950 to the east.
- Newcastle-Amsterdam Ferry (Ferry & Boat)
451 to the north.
- Port of Tyne (Cargo & Freight Company)
1036 to the south.
- Port of Tyne Coal Terminal. South Shelds. (Port)
724 to the southwest.
- Exercise4less Royal Quays (Gym)
1238 to the northwest.
- Royal Quays Marina (Hotel)
690 to the north.
- DFDS Ferry to Amsterdam (Ferry & Boat)
390 to the north.
- On Board DFDS King Seaways (Ferry & Boat)
305 to the north.
- Port Of Tyne International Passenger Terminal (Travel & Transportation)
507 to the north.
- On Board Princess Seaways (Travel & Transportation)
376 to the north.
- The Address (Bar & Grill)
1375 to the northeast.
- The ADDRESS formally the old tram Inn (Bar, Family Style Restaurant)
1377 to the northeast.
- Wet N Wild (Sports & Recreation)
1026 to the northwest.
- Dfds Princess Seaways (Ferry & Boat, Transportation Service)
340 to the north.
- Grant Henson Fitness Centre (Sports & Recreation)
1343 to the northeast.
- Princess Seaways (Ferry & Boat)
390 to the north.
- Cream Hair Design (Hair Salon)
1457 to the east.
- Kodokwai Judo Club (Martial Arts)
813 to the northeast.
- Bar blue Bistro (Bar & Grill)
1183 to the northeast.
- DFDS Ferry Terminal, North Shields (Ferry & Boat)
517 to the north.