The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
- Al Azhar Masjid South Shields (Religious Organization)
865 yards to the east.
- Ians Auto Repairs (Repair Service)
729 yards to the east.
- Property Ministers (Property Management, Real Estate Service)
1126 yards to the east.
- Wet N Wild (Swimming Pool)
1122 yards to the northwest.
- South Shields Dog Walker - Go For Walkies (Dog Walker, Pet Sitter)
1190 yards to the southeast.
- Smiles Pet Services (Pet Service)
674 yards to the southeast.
- Royal Quays (Cosmetics & Beauty Supply)
856 yards to the northwest.
- Mowbray Sports Clothing (Sporting Goods Store, Clothing Supply & Distribution)
729 yards to the east.
- DFDS Seaways UK (Ferry & Boat, Cruise, Transportation Service)
506 yards to the north.
- Gary Tuck Workshops Ltd (Automotive Repair)
1331 yards to the east.
- masterchef south shields (Halal Restaurant)
1140 yards to the east.
- Man vs Food Grill House (Barbecue Restaurant)
1320 yards to the south.
- Mazza Indian restaurant (Indian Restaurant)
1003 yards to the east.
- Trinity House South Tyneside (Cafe, Event Venue, Gym)
1211 yards to the east.
- Lenny's Autos (Automotive Repair)
530 yards to the east.
- Dp Entertainments (Entertainer)
979 yards to the east.
- Hatton Academy of Dance & Arts (Arts & Entertainment, Performing Arts Education)
675 yards to the southeast.
- Newcastle-Amsterdam Ferry (Ferry & Boat)
483 yards to the north.
- Port of Tyne (Business Services)
655 yards to the south.
- Tay Barns South Shields (Buffet Restaurant)
1607 yards to the south.
- The Dolly Peel (Pub)
716 yards to the east.
- Chichester, South Shields (Neighborhood)
1201 yards to the southeast.
- Valonia Tattoos (Tattoo & Piercing)
1005 yards to the east.
- West Park Play Ground (Outdoors)
1477 yards to the southeast.
- Holborn Rose & Crown South Shields (Bar)
802 yards to the northeast.
- Dw Sports North Shields (Community & Government)
1029 yards to the northwest.
- Chichester Spiritualist Church (Religious Center)
1465 yards to the southeast.
- Preston School of Motoring (Driving School)
1476 yards to the north.
- Dw GYM (Gym)
1040 yards to the northwest.
- The Fitness Club UK (Physical Fitness, Personal Trainer, Fitness Center)
1511 yards to the northeast.
- Brewers Fayre Royal Quays (Bar & Grill)
1038 yards to the northwest.
- The Rosie (Bar)
798 yards to the northeast.
- Earl Of Zetland (Bar, Cafe)
833 yards to the north.
- The Chichester Arms (Bar)
1458 yards to the east.
- DW Gym, Royal Quays (Gym, Fitness Center)
1028 yards to the northwest.
- On Board Princess Seaways (Ferry & Boat)
422 yards to the north.
- Armstrong hall (Social Club)
1633 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above