The place is a basin.
|Mouth of the Tyne||3 miles, ¾ furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Saint Peter's Marina||6 miles, 4¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early-1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
- Benefit Fitness Club North Shields (Medical & Health, Physical Fitness)
783 to the north.
- Total Fitness Tribe - South Shields (Gym)
755 to the northeast.
- DFDS UK (Travel Agency, Cruise)
439 to the north.
- Royal Quays Outlet Centre (Shopping Mall)
1039 to the northwest.
- DFDS Ferry to Amsterdam (Travel & Transportation)
390 to the north.
- Dfds seaways. Newcastle to amsterdam (Transportation Service)
376 to the north.
- Port of Tyne (Cargo & Freight Company)
1036 to the south.
- DFDS Ferry Terminal, North Shields (Travel & Transportation)
517 to the north.
- Royal Quays Marina (Hotel, Marina)
771 to the north.
- Customs House Theatre (Theater, Performance Venue)
1043 to the northeast.
- Holborn Rose & Crown South Shields (Pub)
740 to the northeast.
- Garage Rehearsal Rooms (Organization, Community & Government)
754 to the southeast.
- Grant Henson Body Transformation (Personal Trainer, Physical Fitness)
867 to the northeast.
- Laygate (Home)
709 to the southeast.
- Brewers Fayre Royal Quays (British Restaurant, Family Style Restaurant, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
931 to the northwest.
- West Park South Shields (Park)
1346 to the southeast.
- Xercise4less North Shields (Gym)
1289 to the northwest.
- Alum Ale House (Bar)
1294 to the northeast.
- Starbowl (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1132 to the northwest.
- Brewsters Fayre and Softplay (British Restaurant)
951 to the northwest.
- Fred Olsen Cruise Ship (Cruise)
533 to the north.
- Kuei-Ling Martial Arts (Martial Arts)
1214 to the east.
- Chichester Arms (Restaurant)
1338 to the east.
- South Shields Market (Market)
1356 to the northeast.
- Premier Inn North Shields Ferry Terminal (Hotel, Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant)
1007 to the northwest.
- Dw GYM (Gym)
942 to the northwest.
- Wet N Wild (Amusement Park Ride)
1026 to the northwest.
- Starbucks (Coffee Shop, Fast Food Restaurant)
1370 to the south.
- Trimmers Arms - South Shields (Pub, MusicianBand)
716 to the northeast.
- The Waterfront - Mill Dam (Restaurant)
1129 to the northeast.
- The Boldon Lad (Beer Garden, Pub)
855 to the south.
- The Maltings (Pub)
1477 to the northeast.
- The ADAM and EVE (Pub)
932 to the east.
- The Dolly Peel South Shields (Brewery)
660 to the east.
- Living Waters Church (Pentecostal Church)
1044 to the east.
- Man vs Food Grill House (American Restaurant, Barbecue Restaurant)
1207 to the south.
- The Queen Vic (Dessert Place, Bar)
1322 to the east.
- Raja's Grill and Fry - Restaurant and Takeaway (Fish & Chips Shop, Fast Food Restaurant, Indian Restaurant)
1316 to the east.
- Tyne Dock (Transportation Service)
810 to the south.
- Customs House (Movie Theater, Theater)
1036 to the northeast.
- Mechanics Arms (Pub, Bar, Karaoke)
1386 to the northeast.
- Hatton Academy of Dance & Arts (Education, Performing Arts Education)
613 to the southeast.
- The Word (Arts & Entertainment)
1463 to the east.
- Royal Quays (Shopping Mall)
783 to the northwest.
- River Tyne (River)
3224 to the northeast.