|Wolverhampton Lock No 5||1¾ furlongs|
|Cannock Road Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 6||1¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 7||¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 8||a few yards|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 9||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 10||1 furlong|
|Foxs Lane Bridge||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 11||1½ furlongs|
|Railway Bridge - Bilbrook to the North||1¾ furlongs|
- Travel West Midlands Windsor Sports & Social Club (Social Club)
738 yards to the east.
- Wolverhampton railway station (Train Station)
1172 yards to the south.
- Transport Drivers Recruitment Limited (Transportation Service, Cargo & Freight, Supply & Distribution Services)
376 yards to the south.
- Coach Tours And Travel of Wolverhampton (Tours & Sightseeing)
296 yards to the west.
- ITalents Web Development (Marketing Consultant, Web Design, Web Development)
1018 yards to the southeast.
- Heart and Soul Community CIC (Community Organization)
1540 yards to the northeast.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1010 yards to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Grand (Performance Venue, Theater)
1266 yards to the south.
- Halfords (Automotive)
381 yards to the west.
- Brindley Mazda Wolverhampton (Car Dealership)
524 yards to the west.
- Cannock Road Gurdwara (Sikh Temple)
640 yards to the east.
- ACS@T (Cargo & Freight)
729 yards to the northeast.
- Wickes (Home Improvement)
486 yards to the west.
- Carvers Building Supplies (Other)
759 yards to the south.
- Wolverhampton Science Park (Workplace & Office)
836 yards to the northwest.
- The Emerald Club (Bar)
359 yards to the south.
- Guru Nanak Satsang Sikh Temple (Sikh Temple)
674 yards to the east.
- Stratstone (Community Center)
322 yards to the southwest.
- The Winning Post (Pub)
1036 yards to the northwest.
- Stratstone Jaguar Dealers (Car Dealership)
395 yards to the southwest.
- University of Wolverhampton - School of Health (College & University)
740 yards to the southwest.
- Hanson premix, Wolverhampton (Commercial & Industrial)
265 yards to the west.
- Mms Recovery (Towing Service)
801 yards to the northwest.
- Fiveways Hall (Campus Building)
470 yards to the southwest.
- Asia Restaurant (Halal Restaurant, Mediterranean Restaurant)
834 yards to the southwest.
- Asda Wolverhampton (Big Box Retailer)
708 yards to the southwest.
- Dunstall Hill Primary School (Elementary School)
768 yards to the west.
- Wolverhampton Skoda (Car Dealership, Car Parts & Accessories)
858 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Jordan Bridge
The Jordan Bridge, officially named the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge is a tolled highway fixed bridge which carries State Route 337 over the Southern Branch Elizabeth River from the City of Portsmouth into the City of Chesapeake in South Hampton Roads, Virginia. The new crossing is an all-electronic toll facility that eliminated bridge lifts and height/weight restrictions and restored a vital river crossing for the Hampton Roads region.
Originally opened in 1928, it was privately built by an organization led by South Norfolk businessmen Wallace and Carl Jordan. It was later renamed the Jordan Bridge, principally to honor long-standing manager Carl M. Jordan. The oldest drawbridge in Virginia, the 80-year old bridge had reached the end of its useful life by 2008. Faced with diminishing returns on millions of dollars in needed maintenance and unknown reliability, it was permanently closed on November 8, 2008.
A replacement bridge, built with 100% private funds, and paid for by tolls, was approved by Chesapeake City Council on January 27, 2009. The new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge was originally scheduled to be completed by July 2010, but was finally completed and opened for use on October 27, 2012. It is owned and operated by United Bridge Partners, a business consortium consisting of two construction companies, the Figg Group and Lane Construction, and a private infrastructure investment firm.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or