There is a bridge here which takes pedestrian traffic over the canal.
|Wolverhampton Lock No 5||1¾ furlongs|
|Cannock Road Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 6||1¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 7||¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 8||a few yards|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 9||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 10||1 furlong|
|Foxs Lane Bridge||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 11||1½ furlongs|
|Railway Bridge - Bilbrook to the North||1¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Tipton Factory Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Tipton Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Dudley Canal No 1 - Birmingham End) to Dudley Tunnel (North end) Travel to Aldersley Junction, then on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (Main Line: Aldersley to Autherley) to Autherley Junction, then on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) to Wheaton Aston Services Travel to Pudding Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wednesbury Old Canal - Main Line) to Ryders Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Walsall Canal) to Lower Ocker Hill Branch Junction Travel to Bromford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Spon Lane Locks Branch) to Spon Lane Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Engine Arm Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Engine Arm) to Handsworth Wharf Winding Hole
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Jordan Bridge
The Jordan Bridge, officially named the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge, is a tolled highway fixed bridge which carries State Route 337 over the Southern Branch Elizabeth River from the City of Portsmouth into the City of Chesapeake in South Hampton Roads, Virginia. The new crossing is an all-electronic toll facility that eliminated bridge lifts and height and weight restrictions and restored a vital river crossing for the Hampton Roads region.
Originally opened in 1928, it was privately built by an organization led by South Norfolk businessmen Wallace and Carl Jordan. It was later renamed the Jordan Bridge, principally to honor long-standing manager Carl M. Jordan. The oldest drawbridge in Virginia, the 80-year-old bridge had reached the end of its useful life by 2008. Faced with diminishing returns on millions of dollars in needed maintenance and unknown reliability, it was permanently closed on November 8, 2008.
A replacement bridge, built with 100% private funds, and paid for by tolls, was approved by Chesapeake City Council on January 27, 2009. The new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge was originally scheduled to be completed by July 2010, but was finally completed and opened for use on October 27, 2012. It is owned and operated by United Bridge Partners, a business consortium consisting of two construction companies, the Figg Group and Lane Construction, and a private infrastructure investment firm.
- The Island House (Fast Food Restaurant)
1102 yards to the northwest.
- Nando's Wolverhampton, Queen Street (Portuguese Restaurant)
1366 yards to the south.
- Calif Bar & Restaurant (African Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
539 yards to the southwest.
- Kaspas Wolverhampton (Ice Cream Shop)
1290 yards to the south.
- the planet nightclub (Dance & Night Club)
1091 yards to the south.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Ice Cream Shop)
1350 yards to the south.
- Fiveways House Student Accommodation (Professional Service, Residence)
383 yards to the southwest.
- Fixxion Warehouse (MusicianBand, Arts & Entertainment)
1616 yards to the south.
- The Shed Wolverhampton (Restaurant, Sports Bar)
746 yards to the east.
- Unibar (Dance & Night Club)
504 yards to the southwest.
- The Royal London (Dance & Night Club)
1203 yards to the south.
- Yates Wolverhampton (Bar & Grill)
1405 yards to the south.
- Hogshead Wolverhampton (Pub)
1179 yards to the south.
- Slater's Wolverhampton (Burger Restaurant)
1359 yards to the south.
- The Sunbeam (Family Style Restaurant, Dessert Shop)
1290 yards to the south.
- The Wheatsheaf Hotel At Wolverhampton (Hotel, Pub)
1510 yards to the south.
- KFC (Food & Beverage)
1113 yards to the north.
- The Slade Rooms (Dance & Night Club)
1132 yards to the south.
- The Moon Under Water (Pub, Restaurant)
1242 yards to the south.
- The Stile Inn (Pub)
1052 yards to the southwest.
- Grand Station (Wedding Planning Service, Charity Organization)
1166 yards to the southeast.
- Arena Theatre (Performance Art Theatre)
1207 yards to the south.
- Jones Road Working Mens Club (Social Club, Dance & Night Club)
960 yards to the northwest.
- Oxley Park Golf Club (Golf Course & Country Club)
1389 yards to the northwest.
- Wolverhampton Racecourse (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1551 yards to the northwest.