There is a bridge here which takes pedestrian traffic over the canal.
|Wolverhampton Lock No 5||1¾ furlongs|
|Cannock Road Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 6||1¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 7||¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 8||a few yards|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 9||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 10||1 furlong|
|Foxs Lane Bridge||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 11||1½ furlongs|
|Railway Bridge - Bilbrook to the North||1¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Tipton Factory Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Tipton Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Dudley Canal No 1 - Birmingham End) to Dudley Tunnel (North end) Travel to Aldersley Junction, then on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (Main Line: Aldersley to Autherley) to Autherley Junction, then on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) to Wheaton Aston Services Travel to Pudding Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wednesbury Old Canal - Main Line) to Ryders Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Walsall Canal) to Lower Ocker Hill Branch Junction Travel to Bromford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Spon Lane Locks Branch) to Spon Lane Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Engine Arm Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Engine Arm) to Handsworth Wharf Winding Hole
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Jordan Bridge
The Jordan Bridge, officially named the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge, is a tolled highway fixed bridge which carries State Route 337 over the Southern Branch Elizabeth River from the City of Portsmouth into the City of Chesapeake in South Hampton Roads, Virginia. The new crossing is an all-electronic toll facility that eliminated bridge lifts and height and weight restrictions and restored a vital river crossing for the Hampton Roads region.
Originally opened in 1928, it was privately built by an organization led by South Norfolk businessmen Wallace and Carl Jordan. It was later renamed the Jordan Bridge, principally to honor long-standing manager Carl M. Jordan. The oldest drawbridge in Virginia, the 80-year-old bridge had reached the end of its useful life by 2008. Faced with diminishing returns on millions of dollars in needed maintenance and unknown reliability, it was permanently closed on November 8, 2008.
A replacement bridge, built with 100% private funds, and paid for by tolls, was approved by Chesapeake City Council on January 27, 2009. The new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge was originally scheduled to be completed by July 2010, but was finally completed and opened for use on October 27, 2012. It is owned and operated by United Bridge Partners, a business consortium consisting of two construction companies, the Figg Group and Lane Construction, and a private infrastructure investment firm.
- Central Transport Training (Automotive, Driving School)
357 yards to the northwest.
- Calif Bar & Restaurant (African Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
539 yards to the southwest.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga Studio, Medical & Health)
1158 yards to the south.
- The Shed Wolverhampton (Restaurant, Sports Bar)
746 yards to the east.
- Hogshead Wolverhampton (Pub)
1179 yards to the south.
- Sandra Rynkiewicz - Polish Club (Pub, Country Club Clubhouse)
1405 yards to the northwest.
- The Emerald Club (Pub)
358 yards to the south.
- Pdsa (Veterinarian)
493 yards to the southeast.
- Molineux Stadium (Soccer Stadium)
960 yards to the southwest.
- Asda Molineux (Grocery Store, Grocery Store)
743 yards to the southwest.
- Xercise4less Wolverhampton (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1400 yards to the west.
- Guru Nanak Satsang Sikh Temple (Sikh Temple)
636 yards to the east.
- Wolverhampton Science Park (Workplace & Office)
808 yards to the northwest.
- The Hatherton Arms (Pub)
504 yards to the southwest.
- Kfc Stafford Road (Fast Food Restaurant)
1066 yards to the northwest.
- Mes Environmental (Waste Management Company)
128 yards to the west.
- Asda - Wolverhampton City Center (ShoppingRetail)
764 yards to the southwest.
- Birmingham Canal (Park)
235 yards to the northwest.
- Victoria Hall Student Accommodation (Hotel & Lodging)
836 yards to the south.
- Jay & Co (Local Service)
1327 yards to the south.
- Lounge 107 (Fast Food Restaurant)
791 yards to the southwest.
- WV1 Bar And Restaurant (Bar & Grill)
1006 yards to the southwest.
- Ashtech (Business Service, Local Service)
976 yards to the west.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Burger Restaurant)
751 yards to the northwest.
- Asia Restaurant (Cantonese Restaurant)
843 yards to the southwest.
- Randall Lines (Public Services & Government)
658 yards to the southwest.
- KFC (Food & Beverage)
1113 yards to the north.
- Mental Images (Photographic Service, Photographer, Local Business)
1159 yards to the southwest.
- The New Regency (Local Business, Performance & Sports Venue)
266 yards to the northwest.
- University of Wolverhampton (College & University)
1093 yards to the south.
- Unibar (Bar, Dance & Night Club)
504 yards to the southwest.
- Outback Nightclub Wolverhampton (Bar, Dance & Night Club)
1383 yards to the south.