There is a bridge here which takes pedestrian traffic over the canal.
|Wolverhampton Lock No 5||1¾ furlongs|
|Cannock Road Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 6||1¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 7||¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 8||a few yards|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 9||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 10||1 furlong|
|Foxs Lane Bridge||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 11||1½ furlongs|
|Railway Bridge - Bilbrook to the North||1¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest place to turnOn this waterway in the direction of Worcester Bar
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Tipton Factory Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Tipton Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Dudley Canal No 1 - Birmingham End) to Dudley Tunnel (North end) Travel to Aldersley Junction, then on the Staffordshire and Worcestershire Canal (Main Line: Aldersley to Autherley) to Autherley Junction, then on the Shropshire Union Canal (Birmingham and Liverpool Junction Canal - Main Line) to Wheaton Aston Services Travel to Pudding Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wednesbury Old Canal - Main Line) to Ryders Green Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Walsall Canal) to Lower Ocker Hill Branch Junction Travel to Bromford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Spon Lane Locks Branch) to Spon Lane Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Old Main Line) to Engine Arm Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Engine Arm) to Handsworth Wharf Winding Hole
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Jordan Bridge
The Jordan Bridge, officially named the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge, is a tolled highway fixed bridge which carries State Route 337 over the Southern Branch Elizabeth River from the City of Portsmouth into the City of Chesapeake in South Hampton Roads, Virginia. The new crossing is an all-electronic toll facility that eliminated bridge lifts and height and weight restrictions and restored a vital river crossing for the Hampton Roads region.
Originally opened in 1928, it was privately built by an organization led by South Norfolk businessmen Wallace and Carl Jordan. It was later renamed the Jordan Bridge, principally to honor long-standing manager Carl M. Jordan. The oldest drawbridge in Virginia, the 80-year-old bridge had reached the end of its useful life by 2008. Faced with diminishing returns on millions of dollars in needed maintenance and unknown reliability, it was permanently closed on November 8, 2008.
A replacement bridge, built with 100% private funds, and paid for by tolls, was approved by Chesapeake City Council on January 27, 2009. The new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge was originally scheduled to be completed by July 2010, but was finally completed and opened for use on October 27, 2012. It is owned and operated by United Bridge Partners, a business consortium consisting of two construction companies, the Figg Group and Lane Construction, and a private infrastructure investment firm.
- IGo Yoga (Yoga Studio, Medical & Health)
1158 yards to the south.
- Musclemasters Gym (GymPhysical Fitness Center, Travel Agency)
989 yards to the northeast.
- Calif Bar & Restaurant (African Restaurant, Fast Food Restaurant)
539 yards to the southwest.
- The Island House (Fast Food Restaurant)
1102 yards to the northwest.
- the planet nightclub (Dance & Night Club)
1091 yards to the south.
- Little Dessert Shop Wolverhampton (Ice Cream Shop)
1350 yards to the south.
- Fiveways House Student Accommodation (Local Business, Residence)
383 yards to the southwest.
- Ashtech (Local Service)
976 yards to the west.
- The Shed Wolverhampton (Restaurant, Sports Bar)
746 yards to the east.
- Outback Nightclub Wolverhampton (Arts & Entertainment)
1383 yards to the south.
- Hogshead Wolverhampton (Pub)
1179 yards to the south.
- The Emerald Club (Pub)
358 yards to the south.
- Asda Molineux (Grocery Store, Grocery Store)
743 yards to the southwest.
- Mes Environmental (Waste Management Company)
128 yards to the west.
- Kfc Stafford Road (Fast Food Restaurant)
1066 yards to the northwest.
- KFC (Food & Beverage)
1113 yards to the north.
- Xercise4less Wolverhampton (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1400 yards to the west.
- The Moon Under Water (Pub, Restaurant)
1242 yards to the south.
- Arena Theatre (Performance Art Theatre)
1207 yards to the south.
- Stratstone Jaguar Dealers (Car Dealership)
406 yards to the southwest.
- Faulkland Street (Parking Garage Lot)
888 yards to the south.
- Kotli Azad Kashmir (Region, School)
770 yards to the west.
- Heinrich Georg UK (Engineering Service, Local Service)
775 yards to the northwest.
- ACS&T Logistics (Cargo & Freight Company)
721 yards to the northeast.
- McDonald's Restaurant (Burger Restaurant)
751 yards to the northwest.
- University of Wolverhampton - School of Health (College & University)
770 yards to the southwest.
- Central Transport Training (Education Company)
300 yards to the west.