|Wolverhampton Lock No 5||1¾ furlongs|
|Cannock Road Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 6||1¼ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 7||¾ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 8||a few yards|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 9||½ furlongs|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 10||1 furlong|
|Foxs Lane Bridge||1 furlong|
|Wolverhampton Lock No 11||1½ furlongs|
|Railway Bridge - Bilbrook to the North||1¾ furlongs|
- Aston Jacques (Printing Service)
360 yards to the east.
- Molineux (Sports Venue & Stadium)
970 yards to the southwest.
- Wolverhampton Incinerator (Repair Service)
149 yards to the northwest.
- Alan C Garbett (Specialty Grocery Store)
667 yards to the southeast.
- Linden House Tettenhall (Organization)
458 yards to the southwest.
- University of Wolverhampton (Nursing Home)
604 yards to the southwest.
- Davelee Antique Auctions (Antique Store)
990 yards to the southwest.
- Hanson premix, Wolverhampton (Commercial & Industrial)
283 yards to the west.
- Pdsa Tuxford Close (Veterinarian)
471 yards to the southeast.
- Emerald Gardening Services (Gardener)
1318 yards to the northeast.
- Sterlinx London (Jewelry Store)
647 yards to the west.
- Eclipse Rock Clothing (Clothing Store)
794 yards to the east.
- Basrai's (Shopping & Retail)
529 yards to the southwest.
- The Devoted Bakery (Bakery)
652 yards to the southwest.
- Printdot (Printing Service, Signs & Banner Service, Graphic Design)
1007 yards to the east.
- Komo's Suya (Event Planning)
807 yards to the southwest.
- Central Transport Training (Driving School, Adult Education)
352 yards to the northwest.
- ITalents Web Development (Marketing Consultant, Web Design, Web Development)
1018 yards to the southeast.
- Empire Carpets (Carpet & Flooring Store, Home Decor)
773 yards to the east.
- Pioneer Medical Solutions (Ambulance & Rescue)
745 yards to the west.
- Flatters opticians (Medical & Health)
1036 yards to the northwest.
- MAD Customs ltd (Automotive Customizing)
1223 yards to the southeast.
- St Stephen's Church Of England Primary School (Public School, Preschool)
985 yards to the east.
- Jones Road Working Mens Club (Night Club)
953 yards to the northwest.
- The Shed Wolverhampton (Entertainment Service, Pub, Food & Restaurant)
740 yards to the east.
- Park Village (Community & Government)
611 yards to the east.
Wikipedia has a page about Jordan Bridge
The Jordan Bridge, officially named the South Norfolk Jordan Bridge, is a tolled highway fixed bridge which carries State Route 337 over the Southern Branch Elizabeth River from the City of Portsmouth into the City of Chesapeake in South Hampton Roads, Virginia. The new crossing is an all-electronic toll facility that eliminated bridge lifts and height and weight restrictions and restored a vital river crossing for the Hampton Roads region.
Originally opened in 1928, it was privately built by an organization led by South Norfolk businessmen Wallace and Carl Jordan. It was later renamed the Jordan Bridge, principally to honor long-standing manager Carl M. Jordan. The oldest drawbridge in Virginia, the 80-year-old bridge had reached the end of its useful life by 2008. Faced with diminishing returns on millions of dollars in needed maintenance and unknown reliability, it was permanently closed on November 8, 2008.
A replacement bridge, built with 100% private funds, and paid for by tolls, was approved by Chesapeake City Council on January 27, 2009. The new South Norfolk Jordan Bridge was originally scheduled to be completed by July 2010, but was finally completed and opened for use on October 27, 2012. It is owned and operated by United Bridge Partners, a business consortium consisting of two construction companies, the Figg Group and Lane Construction, and a private infrastructure investment firm.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or