Black Rock Bridge No 94
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
There is a bridge here which takes pedestrian traffic over the canal.
|Bywith Lock No 8W||4¼ furlongs|
|Waterways Office (Manchester and Pennine Waterways, Staleybridge) - Canal & River Trust||3¾ furlongs|
|Grove Road Bridge No 96||3½ furlongs|
|Swineshaw Brook Aqueduct||3½ furlongs|
|Black Rock Lock No 9W||¾ furlongs|
|Black Rock Bridge No 94|
|Avenue Lock No 10W||a few yards|
|Scout Mill||1¾ furlongs|
|Terrace Lock No 11W||2½ furlongs|
|Scout Tunnel (South end)||3½ furlongs|
|Scout Tunnel (North end)||4½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to Ashton-under-Lyne Junction, then on the Ashton Canal to Fairfield Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Black Rock Bridge
Black Rock Bridge is a historic concrete arch bridge carrying Pennsylvania Route 113 across the Schuylkill River between Phoenixville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, and Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It has five spans; three main spans are each 116 feet (35 m) long and flanked by two 103-foot-long (31 m) spans. The bridge was constructed in 1927, and features open-spandrel arches and solid concrete parapet walls.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
- RSPCA Tameside and Glossop (Animal Shelter, Charity Organization)
575 yards to the southwest.
- Revive Church Stalybridge (Church)
841 yards to the southeast.
- The Hare & Hounds, Luzley (British Restaurant)
1045 yards to the northwest.
- Red Rose restaurant (Asian Fusion Restaurant, Indian Restaurant)
1522 yards to the north.
- Exclusive hair and beauty (Hair Salon, Nail Salon)
998 yards to the east.
- Ever After Flooring (Carpet & Flooring Store, Region)
875 yards to the north.
- Groomingtails Dog Grooming (Pet Groomer)
1007 yards to the east.
- Firebrand Fitness Studio (Cycling Studio, Personal Coach)
618 yards to the northwest.
- Stamford Golf Club (Golf Course & Country Club)
904 yards to the northeast.
- Stalybridge Country Park (Park)
1575 yards to the southeast.
- Junction Inn (Pub)
1394 yards to the west.
- Stayley Cricket Club (Cricket Ground, Social Club, Sports Club)
879 yards to the southeast.
- Buckton Vale Primary School (Elementary School)
1323 yards to the northeast.
- Envi (Hair Salon)
795 yards to the southwest.
- St James - Millbrook (Anglican Church, Religious Center)
997 yards to the southeast.
- VILLAGE Ashton (Restaurant, Hotel)
1628 yards to the north.
- Face 'and Body Spa Limited (Beauty, Cosmetic & Personal Care)
1048 yards to the southeast.
- Lime3 Furniture Ltd (Furniture Store)
799 yards to the north.
- Livingstone Primary School (School)
1600 yards to the north.
- Kirsty Wirsty The Cake Emporium (Bakery, Grocery Store)
687 yards to the southeast.
- St raphaels Catholic Primary School (Elementary School)
842 yards to the southeast.
- A J m Security Solutions (Defense Company)
1284 yards to the south.
- Gladstone Gentleman's Grooming (Barber Shop, Hair Salon, Local Business)
584 yards to the northwest.
- GRA Home Services Ltd (Home Improvement, Local Business)
1284 yards to the northeast.
- Area 5 Fitness (Personal Trainer)
1080 yards to the north.
- Selective Memories Photography (Event Planner, Photographer)
1538 yards to the west.
- Handyman Home & Garden (Local Service, Shopping & Retail)
322 yards to the northwest.
- The HoHo Chinese Restaurant (Cantonese Restaurant)
865 yards to the north.
- The Fitbox (Personal Trainer)
1569 yards to the south.