Black Rock Bridge No 94
There may be access to the towpath here.
If you know about towpath access here please log on and use "Edit Place" from the "Edit and Change" menu item to improve the data.
|Bywith Lock No 8W||4¼ furlongs|
|Waterways Office (Manchester and Pennine Waterways, Staleybridge) - Canal & River Trust||3¾ furlongs|
|Grove Road Bridge No 96||3½ furlongs|
|Swineshaw Brook Aqueduct||3½ furlongs|
|Black Rock Lock No 9W||¾ furlongs|
|Black Rock Bridge No 94|
|Avenue Lock No 10W||a few yards|
|Scout Mill||1¾ furlongs|
|Terrace Lock No 11W||2½ furlongs|
|Scout Tunnel (South end)||3½ furlongs|
|Scout Tunnel (North end)||4½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to Ashton-under-Lyne Junction, then on the Ashton Canal to Fairfield Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Black Rock Bridge
Black Rock Bridge is a historic concrete arch bridge carrying Pennsylvania Route 113 across the Schuylkill River between Phoenixville, Chester County, Pennsylvania, and Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. It has five spans; three main spans are each 116 feet (35 m) long and flanked by two 103-foot-long (31 m) spans. The bridge was constructed in 1927, and features open-spandrel arches and solid concrete parapet walls.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
- The HoHo Chinese Restaurant (Cantonese Restaurant)
790 to the north.
- Stamford Golf Club (Sports Club)
826 to the northeast.
- Carrbrook Village (Outdoors)
1476 to the east.
- Heyrod Village Hall (Museum)
464 to the southwest.
- Stalybridge Country Park (Park)
1439 to the southeast.
- Staley Bridge Cricket Club (Sports Club)
794 to the southeast.
- Scout Tunnel (Landmark)
683 to the north.
- Millbrook Dam (Fishing)
1294 to the southeast.
- Junction Inn (Pub, Bar)
1274 to the west.
- Sims Recycling, Stalybridge (Recycling & Waste Management)
1399 to the south.
- Staley Millbrook Cricket Club (Sports Club)
801 to the southeast.
- Hare and Hounds (Bar)
995 to the southeast.
- Exclusive hair and beauty (Nail Salon, Hair Salon)
912 to the east.
- The Hare & Hounds, Luzley (Restaurant, Bar)
955 to the northwest.
- Area 5 Fitness (Personal Trainer)
573 to the northwest.
- Chaumont Scuba Club (Scuba Diving)
931 to the southeast.
- The Fitbox (Gym, Personal Trainer)
1435 to the south.
- Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Stalybridge (Martial Arts)
526 to the southwest.
- Carrbrook (Neighborhood)
630 to the east.