Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (1535 away); Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (924 away); Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (804 away); HSBC cashpoints (ATM machines) (852 away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (1013 away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (899 away); Natwest Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (1065 away); JD Weatherspoons Pubs (878 away); Sainsbury's supermarkets (1006 away)
information from Nick, 22-1-2006 12:52:42
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Market Harborough
Market Harborough is a market town within the Harborough district of Leicestershire, England. It has a population of 22,911 (2011) and is the administrative headquarters of Harborough District Council. It sits on the Northamptonshire-Leicestershire border. The town was formerly at a crossroads for both road and rail; however the A6 now bypasses the town to the east and the A14 which carries east-west traffic is 6 miles (9.7 km) to the south. The town is served by East Midlands Trains with direct services to Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Derby and St Pancras International. Rail services to Rugby and Peterborough ended in 1966.
Market Harborough is located in an area which was formerly a part of the Rockingham Forest, a royal hunting forest used by the medieval monarchs starting with William I. Rockingham Road takes its name from the forest. The forest's original boundaries stretched from Market Harborough through to Stamford and included the settlements at Corby, Kettering, Desborough, Rothwell, Thrapston and Oundle.
The centre of the town is dominated by the steeple of St. Dionysius Parish Church which rises directly from the street, as there is no church yard. It was constructed in grey stone in 1300 with the church itself a later building of about 1470. Next to the church stands the Old Grammar School, a small timber building dating from 1614. The ground floor is open, creating a covered market area and there is a single room on the first floor. It has become a symbol of the town. The nearby square is largely pedestrianised and surrounded by buildings of varying styles. The upper end of the High Street is wide and contains mostly unspoiled Georgian buildings.
Market Harborough has two villages within its confines: Great Bowden lies over a hill about a mile from the town centre; Little Bowden is less than half a mile from the town centre. The three centres have largely coalesced through ribbon development and infill, although Great Bowden continues to retain a strong village identity.
- Intali (Real Estate Investment, Commercial Real Estate)
1336 to the northwest.
- Nature's Pantry (Deli, Classes, Toy Store)
828 to the southeast.
- Brookside Carpets & Curtains LTD (Home Decor, Carpet & Flooring Store)
1416 to the southeast.
- The Men's Room Market Harborough (Barber Shop)
1286 to the southeast.
- Browns Reloaded (Hair Salon)
861 to the southeast.
- Chloe Nails (Nail Salon)
1169 to the southeast.
- Toni&Guy Market Harborough (Hair & Beauty Supply, Hair Salon)
1072 to the southeast.
- Hema Poore Artist of Hair & Makeup - Bridal & Special Occasions (Makeup Artist)
775 to the southeast.
- Jason Austin Hair Salon's & Barbershops (Barber Shop)
1172 to the southeast.
- Meatcure Market Harborough (Burger Restaurant)
751 to the southeast.
- Cambridge Weight Plan Market Harborough (Medical & Health)
699 to the east.
- Boo's Grooming (Pet Groomer)
1413 to the southeast.
- Ridgeway Primary Academy (Elementary School)
1091 to the east.
- Metafit Market Harborough (Outdoor Recreation, Gym)
1191 to the southeast.
- TRAINING SHED Market Harborough (Gym, Personal Trainer, Physical Therapist)
1187 to the southeast.
- Randalls - Market Harborough (Specialty Grocery Store)
884 to the southeast.
- Market Harborough Brewery (Brewery)
1178 to the southeast.
- The Three Swans Hotel (Bar & Grill, British Restaurant)
808 to the southeast.
- The Waterfront (Bar & Grill)
41 to the east.
- Gin & Fizz Bar (Restaurant, Wine Bar)
58 to the east.
- Union Wharf (Marina)
39 to the east.
- Market Harborough Waterfront Restaurant & Bar (Bar & Grill)
42 to the east.
- Market H'boro! (Community & Government)
1018 to the southeast.
- Cate's Boutique Market Harborough (Beauty Salon, Clothing Store)
889 to the southeast.
- Wildwood (Italian Restaurant)
916 to the southeast.
- Macardo Lounge (Restaurant, Bar, Coffee Shop)
748 to the southeast.
- Sainsbury's (Shopping & Retail)
1247 to the southeast.
- Rock Salt Market Harborough (Restaurant, Bar)
695 to the southeast.
- Market Harborough Market Hall (Market)
1185 to the southeast.
- Home - Market Harborough (Residence, Place to EatDrink, Travel & Transportation)
1228 to the west.
- Grand Union Canal, Market Harborough (Boating)
543 to the southwest.
- Tesco (Convenience Store)
1052 to the southeast.
- Zizzi (Italian Restaurant)
728 to the southeast.
- Costa Coffee, St Mary's Place (Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1133 to the southeast.
- Lidl (Grocery Store)
1455 to the southeast.
- Salt & Light Tea rooms (Tea Room, Gift Shop)
696 to the southeast.
- Rocksalt Bistro (Modern European Restaurant, Bar & Grill, Seafood Restaurant)
701 to the southeast.
- Amore Mio café (Coffee Shop, Health Food Restaurant, Cafe)
1021 to the southeast.
- Little Thai Market Harborough (Thai Restaurant)
1117 to the southeast.
- Shagorika (Indian Restaurant)
1089 to the southeast.
- The Market Place Cafe (Cafe, Diner, Coffee Shop)
1072 to the southeast.
- Meatcure (Burger Restaurant)
753 to the southeast.
- Mercado Lounge (Bar & Grill, Cafe)
753 to the southeast.
- Aldwinckles Coffee Shop (Tea Room, Coffee Shop)
874 to the southeast.