Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (7¾ furlongs away); Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (4½ furlongs away); Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (4 furlongs away); HSBC cashpoints (ATM machines) (4¼ furlongs away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (5 furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (4½ furlongs away); Natwest Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (5¼ furlongs away); JD Weatherspoons Pubs (4¼ furlongs away); Sainsbury's supermarkets (5 furlongs away)
information from Nick, 22-1-2006 12:52:42
- Enigma Cafe Bar & Club (Night Club, Bar)
1040 yards to the southeast.
- In Heaven at Home (Gift Shop, Home Decor)
804 yards to the southeast.
- Browns Hairdressing Group (Hair Salon)
783 yards to the southeast.
- Zizzi Market Harborough (Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant, Italian Restaurant, Pizza Place)
793 yards to the southeast.
- Ice Bar Cafe (Ice Cream Parlor, Cafe, Coffee Shop)
768 yards to the southeast.
- Milo's Cafe, Market Harborough (British Restaurant, Cafe, Coffee Shop)
788 yards to the southeast.
- Joules Yard & Eating House (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant, Sandwich Shop, Burger Restaurant)
860 yards to the southeast.
- Rio Bravo (Mexican Restaurant)
1090 yards to the southeast.
- The Sugar Loaf (Pub, Food & Restaurant)
904 yards to the southeast.
- Louisa's Place (Coffee Shop, Wine Bar)
1154 yards to the southeast.
- The Living Word Christian Bookshop (Religious Book Store)
772 yards to the southwest.
- Angel Hotel Market Harborough (Sports Bar, Family Style Restaurant, Tea Room)
744 yards to the southeast.
- The Waterfront Restaurant (Bar & Grill)
40 yards to the east.
- Union Wharf (Marina)
23 yards to the northeast.
- Mercado Lounge (Restaurant)
823 yards to the southeast.
- SugarLoaf, Market Harborough - JD Wetherspoons (Pub)
904 yards to the southeast.
- St. Luke's Hospital (Hospital)
342 yards to the north.
- Starbucks (Coffee Shop)
1136 yards to the southeast.
- Wildwood (Pizza Place, Italian Restaurant)
985 yards to the southeast.
- Market Harborough Medical Centre (Medical Center)
988 yards to the southeast.
- Browns Hairdressing (Hair Salon, Barber Shop)
818 yards to the southeast.
- Moko (Hair Salon)
968 yards to the southeast.
- Cafe Neros (Coffee Shop, Cafe)
1132 yards to the southeast.
- Market Harborough & District Hospital (Hospital)
893 yards to the south.
- The Cottage Hospital (Hospital)
908 yards to the south.
- Costa (Coffee Shop)
1246 yards to the southeast.
- The Retreat Market Harborough (Beauty Salon)
1155 yards to the southeast.
- Beauty Defined by Natalie Godefroy (Beauty Salon)
52 yards to the northeast.
- SC Lashes Hair & Beauty (Beauty Salon)
877 yards to the southeast.
- March Hair (Hair Salon)
1012 yards to the southeast.
- The Grooming Room (Barber Shop)
908 yards to the southeast.
- Aura Market Harborough (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
1064 yards to the southeast.
- Beauty Spot Of Market Harborough Ltd (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
843 yards to the southeast.
- Bronzed Angel (Tanning Salon, Skin Care)
827 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Market Harboroughnnn
Market Harborough is a market town within the Harborough district of Leicestershire, England. It has a population of 20,170 and is the administrative headquarters of Harborough District Council. It sits on the Northamptonshire-Leicestershire border. The town was formerly at a crossroads for both road and rail; however the A6 now bypasses the town to the east and the A14 which carries east-west traffic is 6 miles (9.7 km) to the south. The town is served by East Midlands Trains with direct services to Leicester, Nottingham, Derby and St Pancras International. Rail services to Rugby and Peterborough ended in 1966.
Market Harborough is located in an area which was formerly a part of the Rockingham Forest, a royal hunting forest used by the medieval monarchs starting with William I. Rockingham Road takes its name from the forest. The forest's original boundaries stretched from Market Harborough through to Stamford and swallowed up Corby, Kettering, Desborough, Rothwell, Thrapston and Oundle.
The centre of the town is dominated by the steeple of St. Dionysius Parish Church which rises directly from the street, as there is no church yard. It was constructed in grey stone in 1300 with the church itself a later building of about 1470. Next to the church stands the Old Grammar School, a small timber building dating from 1614. The ground floor is open, creating a covered market area and there is a single room on the first floor. It has become a symbol of the town. The nearby square is largely pedestrianised and surrounded by buildings of varying styles. The upper end of the High Street is wide and contains mostly unspoiled Georgian buildings.
Market Harborough has two villages within its confines: Great Bowden lies over a hill about a mile from the town centre; Little Bowden is less than half a mile from the town centre. The three centres have largely coalesced through ribbon development and infill, although Great Bowden continues to retain a strong village identity.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or