Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, rubbish disposal and water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (7¾ furlongs away); Aliance and Leicester cashpoints (ATM machines) (4½ furlongs away); Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (4 furlongs away); HSBC cashpoints (ATM machines) (4¼ furlongs away); Lloyds Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (5 furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (4½ furlongs away); Natwest Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (5¼ furlongs away); JD Weatherspoons Pubs (4¼ furlongs away); Sainsbury's supermarkets (5 furlongs away)
information from Nick, 22-1-2006 12:52:42
- Ben Roberts Plumbing & Heating (Plumber)
1257 yards to the east.
- 76Inc Tattoo (Tattoo & Piercing, Arts & Entertainment)
1311 yards to the southeast.
- Archway House Natural Health Centre (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care, Alternative & Holistic Health)
1487 yards to the southwest.
- My Cake Fairy (Food & Grocery)
1284 yards to the east.
- Mercado Lounge (Cafe)
823 yards to the southeast.
- Gallone's Ice Cream Market Harborough (Ice Cream Parlor, Coffee Shop, Cafe)
1064 yards to the southeast.
- Rocksalt Bistro (Seafood Restaurant, Bar & Grill, Modern European Restaurant)
770 yards to the southeast.
- Ice Bar Cafe (Ice Cream Parlor, Cafe, Coffee Shop)
766 yards to the southeast.
- Joules Yard & Eating House (British Restaurant, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
860 yards to the southeast.
- The Living Word Christian Bookshop (Religious Book Store)
581 yards to the southeast.
- RAOB Silver Coronation Lodge No.10182 (Sports & Recreation, Community & Government)
836 yards to the south.
- Best Western Three Swans Hotel (British Restaurant, Bar & Grill)
853 yards to the southeast.
- Angel Hotel Market Harborough (Sports Bar, Family Style Restaurant, Tea Room)
744 yards to the southeast.
- Market harborough Anarchy Kickboxing Academy (Martial Arts)
1329 yards to the southeast.
- Brooke House College (College & University)
990 yards to the southeast.
- Ridgeway Primary Academy (Elementary School)
1193 yards to the east.
- The Waterfront Restaurant (Bar & Grill)
39 yards to the east.
- Union Wharf (Marina)
20 yards to the northeast.
- Harborough Basin (Marina)
22 yards to the east.
- Market Harborough Squash Club (Sports & Recreation)
316 yards to the southeast.
- SugarLoaf, Market Harborough - JD Wetherspoons (Pub)
902 yards to the southeast.
- Market Harborough & District Hospital (Hospital)
913 yards to the south.
- Market H'boro! (Community & Government)
1148 yards to the southeast.
- Welland Park Cafe (Cafe)
1170 yards to the south.
- Browns Hairdressing (Hair Salon, Barber Shop)
811 yards to the southeast.
- Our Lady Of Victories Church (Church)
914 yards to the southeast.
- Pizza Expresss, Market Harborough, Leicestershire (Italian Restaurant)
1144 yards to the southeast.
- Market Harborough Market Hall (Market)
1296 yards to the southeast.
- St Marys Business Park (Commercial & Industrial)
1365 yards to the east.
- Welland Park Playground (Public Places & Attractions, Outdoors, Sports & Recreation)
1129 yards to the south.
- Wildwood (Pizza Place)
984 yards to the southeast.
- Zizzi (Pizza Place)
797 yards to the southeast.
- Tesco Metro (Grocery Store)
1100 yards to the southeast.
- The Three Swans, Market Harborough (Hotel)
865 yards to the southeast.
- Aura Market Harborough (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
1076 yards to the southeast.
- Beauty Spot Of Market Harborough Ltd (Spa, Beauty & Personal Care)
862 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Market Harborough
Market Harborough is a market town within the Harborough district of Leicestershire, England. It has a population of 22,911 and is the administrative headquarters of Harborough District Council. It sits on the Northamptonshire-Leicestershire border. The town was formerly at a crossroads for both road and rail; however the A6 now bypasses the town to the east and the A14 which carries east-west traffic is 6 miles (9.7 km) to the south. The town is served by East Midlands Trains with direct services to Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield, Derby and St Pancras International. Rail services to Rugby and Peterborough ended in 1966.
Market Harborough is located in an area which was formerly a part of the Rockingham Forest, a royal hunting forest used by the medieval monarchs starting with William I. Rockingham Road takes its name from the forest. The forest's original boundaries stretched from Market Harborough through to Stamford and swallowed up Corby, Kettering, Desborough, Rothwell, Thrapston and Oundle.
The centre of the town is dominated by the steeple of St. Dionysius Parish Church which rises directly from the street, as there is no church yard. It was constructed in grey stone in 1300 with the church itself a later building of about 1470. Next to the church stands the Old Grammar School, a small timber building dating from 1614. The ground floor is open, creating a covered market area and there is a single room on the first floor. It has become a symbol of the town. The nearby square is largely pedestrianised and surrounded by buildings of varying styles. The upper end of the High Street is wide and contains mostly unspoiled Georgian buildings.
Market Harborough has two villages within its confines: Great Bowden lies over a hill about a mile from the town centre; Little Bowden is less than half a mile from the town centre. The three centres have largely coalesced through ribbon development and infill, although Great Bowden continues to retain a strong village identity.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or