These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Nantes
Nantes (French pronunciation: [nɑ̃t]) (Breton: Naoned pronounced [ˈnɑ̃wnət]), Gallo: Naunnt) is a city in western France, located on the Loire River, 50 km (31 mi) from the Atlantic coast. The city is the sixth largest in France, with a metropolitan area of about 900,000 inhabitants.
Nantes is the capital city of the Pays de la Loire region and the Loire-Atlantique département, and it is the largest city in traditional Brittany and in the whole Grand-Ouest (northwestern France). Together with Vannes, Rennes and Carhaix, it was one of the major cities of the historic province of Brittany and the ancient Duchy of Brittany. Nantes is still widely regarded as its capital city.
The Nantes Tramway opened in 1985, a reversal of the trend of tramway closures that had been going on since the middle of the 20th century. The tramway system is one of the largest and busiest in France. The city also has a Busway line, an innovative and notable bus rapid transit. Nantes is served by an international airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport and a major French railway station, the Gare de Nantes.
In 2004, Time named Nantes as "the most liveable city in Europe". In 2010, Nantes was named a hub city for innovation in the Innovation Cities Index by innovation agency 2thinknow. The city was ranked 36th globally from 289 cities and 4th overall in France, behind Paris, Lyon and Strasbourg for innovation across multiple sectors of the economy. As of 2013, Nantes holds the title of European Green Capital, awarded by the European Commission for its efforts to reduce air pollution and CO2 emissions, for its high-quality and well-managed public transport system, and for its biodiversity with 3,366 hectares of green spaces and several Natura 2000 zones which guarantee protection of nature in the area.
Euronantes is the city's central business district, which is currently in development near Gare de Nantes and on Île de Nantes, offering by 2015 500,000 square metres (5,400,000 square feet) of office space, retail space and upscale hotels. The district is served by Busway line 4 at Cité Internationale des congrès et Tripode stations.
In 2012, Nantes was classified as a global city by the GAMMA GaWC ranking of Loughborough University in England. Nantes is the fourth highest-ranked French city (behind Paris, Lyon and Marseille) according to its classification. Nantes was ranked ahead of cities such as Porto, Florence, New Orleans, Hanover, and Genoa.
- La Cité, Le Centre des Congrès de Nantes (Convention Center, Auditorium, Theater)
388 to the northwest.
- Centre des congrès de Nantes (Meeting Room)
395 to the northwest.
- Place Saint-Pierre (Nantes) (Sports & Recreation, Restaurant)
1219 to the northwest.
- Gare de Nantes (Train Station, Community & Government)
702 to the north.
- Salon des Entrepreneurs (Professional Service)
464 to the northwest.
- Ville de Nantes (City Hall, City)
1301 to the west.
- Utopiales Nantes (Arts & Entertainment, Event)
383 to the northwest.
- Nantes Centre (Coffee Shop)
617 to the southeast.
- Nantes-Brest canal (River, Geographical feature)
69 to the northwest.
- TGV Nantes-Paris (Professional Service)
717 to the north.
- Île de Nantes (City)
986 to the southwest.
- Jardin des plantes de Nantes (Park)
968 to the north.
- Nantes Métropole (Community Organization)
589 to the north.
- Stade Marcel Saupin (Sports & Recreation)
162 to the north.
- Gare Sncf de Nantes (Limo Service)
737 to the north.
- Complexe Sportif Mangin-Beaulieu (Sports Venue & Stadium)
762 to the southwest.
- Château des ducs De Bretagne (History Museum, Tours & Sightseeing, Community & Government)
1003 to the northwest.
- Starbucks Sainte Croix (Coffee Shop)
1287 to the northwest.
- Pointe de l'île Beaulieu - Nantes (Park, Train Station)
1492 to the east.
- Ile De Versaille Nantes (Park)
1073 to the southwest.
- le lieu unique (officiel) (Art Gallery, Theater)
698 to the northwest.
- Chateau Duchesse Anne Nantes (History Museum)
840 to the northwest.
- Stade Michel Lecointre (Sports & Recreation, Sports Venue & Stadium, Landmark)
450 to the southeast.
- Cinema Gaumont Nantes (Movie Theater)
1471 to the west.
- Nantes Cathedral (Catholic Church)
1198 to the northwest.
- Le Wilton (Pool & Billiards)
449 to the west.
- Château Duc De Bretagne (Hotel)
981 to the northwest.
- La Cantine Du Curé. (Cr#x00ea;perie)
1243 to the northwest.
- Studio Revolution (Sports Club)
892 to the west.
- O'tacos Nantes (Fast Food Restaurant)
1034 to the northwest.
- Resto Chez Maman (Restaurant)
1149 to the northwest.
- Chateau de Nantes (Monument)
1012 to the west.
- Basilique Saint-Nicolas de Nantes (Catholic Church)
1488 to the west.
- Lycée Nelson Mandela (High School, Junior High School)
581 to the southeast.
- Seven Urban Suites Nantes Centre (Spa)
377 to the south.
- Château des ducs de Bretagne (History Museum)
980 to the northwest.
- La Passerelle de MARCEL - Vincent BRACIGLIANO (Restaurant, Brewery)
155 to the north.
- Chacha Restaurant (Deli, Tea Room)
1259 to the west.
- Aquaforme (Gym, Sports Club)
604 to the west.
- Théâtre Beaulieu Cie Même pas cap (Theater)
620 to the southwest.