These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Nantes
Nantes (French pronunciation: [nɑ̃t]) (Breton: Naoned, Gallo: Naunnt) is a city in western France, located on the Loire River, 50 km (31 mi) from the Atlantic coast. The city is the sixth largest in France, with a metropolitan area of about 900,000 inhabitants.
Nantes is the capital city of the Pays de la Loire region and the Loire-Atlantique département, and it is the largest city in traditional Brittany and in the whole Grand-Ouest (northwestern France). Together with Vannes, Rennes and Carhaix, it was one of the major cities of the historic province of Brittany and the ancient Duchy of Brittany. Nantes is still widely regarded as its capital city.
The Nantes Tramway opened in 1985, a reversal of the trend of tramway closures that had been going on since the middle of the 20th century. The tramway system is one of the largest and busiest in France. The city also has a Busway line, an innovative and notable bus rapid transit. Nantes is served by an international airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport and a major French railway station, the Gare de Nantes.
In 2004, Time named Nantes as "the most liveable city in Europe". In 2010, Nantes was named a hub city for innovation in the Innovation Cities Index by innovation agency 2thinknow. The city was ranked 36th globally from 289 cities and 4th overall in France, behind Paris, Lyon and Strasbourg for innovation across multiple sectors of the economy. As of 2013, Nantes holds the title of European Green Capital, awarded by the European Commission for its efforts to reduce air pollution and CO2 emissions, for its high-quality and well-managed public transport system, and for its biodiversity with 3,366 hectares of green spaces and several Natura 2000 zones which guarantee protection of nature in the area.
Euronantes is the city's central business district, which is currently in development near Gare de Nantes and on Île de Nantes, offering by 2015 500,000 square metres of office space, retail space and upscale hotels. The district is served by Busway line 4 at Cité Internationale des congrès et Tripode stations.
In 2012, Nantes was classified as a global city by the GAMMA GaWC ranking of Loughborough University in England. Nantes is the fourth highest-ranked French city (behind Paris, Lyon and Marseille) according to its classification. Nantes was ranked ahead of cities such as Porto, Florence, New Orleans, Hanover, and Genoa.
- La Cité, Le Centre des Congrès de Nantes (Auditorium, Convention Center, Theater)
388 to the northwest.
- Hôtel de région (Hotel, Architect)
1066 to the east.
- Place Saint-Pierre (Nantes) (Outdoors, French Restaurant)
1219 to the northwest.
- Gare de Nantes (Train Station)
702 to the north.
- Fête Foraine de Nantes - Page Actualisé (Amusement, Public Places & Attractions)
1150 to the northwest.
- Château des ducs de Bretagne (History Museum)
980 to the northwest.
- Aquaforme (Sports Club, Gym)
604 to the west.
- Nantes Centre (Coffee Shop)
617 to the southeast.
- Île de Nantes (Neighborhood)
986 to the southwest.
- Nantes-Brest canal (River)
69 to the northwest.
- Stade Marcel Saupin (Event Venue)
162 to the north.
- Nantes Métropole (Community Organization)
589 to the north.
- Jardin des plantes de Nantes (Community & Government)
968 to the north.
- TGV Nantes-Paris (Train Station)
717 to the north.
- Ile De Versaille Nantes (Park)
1073 to the southwest.
- Hôtel-Dieu de Nantes (HospitalClinic)
1202 to the west.
- Starbucks Nantes (Coffee Shop)
1326 to the west.
- Château Duc De Bretagne (History Museum)
981 to the northwest.
- Château des ducs De Bretagne (History Museum, Historical Place, Tours & Sightseeing)
1003 to the northwest.
- Cinema Gaumont Nantes (Movie Theater)
1471 to the west.
- Centre Villes Nantes (Medical Equipment)
1464 to the west.
- Nantes Cathedral (Catholic Church)
1198 to the northwest.
- Le Wilton (Place to EatDrink)
449 to the west.
- Chateau de Nantes (Monument)
1012 to the west.
- Complexe Sportif Mangin-Beaulieu (Sports & Recreation)
762 to the southwest.
- Base De Loisir De L'île Charlemagne (Arts & Entertainment, Outdoor Recreation, Beach)
1461 to the northwest.
- Centre Hospitalier Vétérinaire Atlantia officiel (HospitalClinic, Veterinarian)
347 to the southeast.
- Lycée Nelson Mandela (High School, Junior High School)
581 to the southeast.
- Centre Commercial Beaulieu - Nantes (Shopping Mall)
696 to the south.
- Seven Urban Suites Nantes Centre (Spa)
377 to the south.
- Palais des Sports de Beaulieu (Gym)
263 to the southeast.
- La Passerelle de MARCEL - Vincent BRACIGLIANO (Brewery, Restaurant)
155 to the north.