- Le Remorqueur (Nightlife)
565 yards to the northwest.
- Jardin des plantes de Nantes (Park)
1109 yards to the north.
- Ville de Nantes (City, Community & Government)
1467 yards to the west.
- Château des ducs de Bretagne (officiel) (Region, Museum)
1050 yards to the northwest.
- Aquaforme (Fitness Center, Sports Club)
686 yards to the west.
- La Passerelle de MARCEL - Vincent BRACIGLIANO (Restaurant)
213 yards to the north.
- Little Wokyo (Asian Fusion Restaurant)
472 yards to the north.
- Maison Baron Lefevre (French Restaurant)
597 yards to the west.
- SALE E PEPE (Italian Restaurant, Pizza Place)
557 yards to the northwest.
- Nantes Cathedral (Landmark, Tourist Attraction, Catholic Church)
1282 yards to the northwest.
- Gare de Nantes (Train Station)
833 yards to the north.
- Seven Urban Suites Nantes (Spa)
412 yards to the south.
- Mercure Ile de Nantes (Hostel)
1031 yards to the southeast.
- Palais des Sports de Beaulieu (Sports Venue & Stadium)
324 yards to the southeast.
- Stade Marcel Saupin (Sports Venue & Stadium)
177 yards to the north.
- Théâtre Beaulieu / Cie Même pas cap (Theatre)
662 yards to the southwest.
- La Compagnie du Café-Théâtre (Comedy Club, Entertainer, Theatre)
1211 yards to the northwest.
- Cité Des Congrès (Convention Center, Concert Venue, Meeting Room)
443 yards to the northwest.
- Gare Sncf de Nantes (Train Station)
803 yards to the north.
- Nantes Métropole (Arts & Entertainment, City, Community Organization)
652 yards to the north.
- le lieu unique (officiel) (Concert Venue, Theatre, Nightlife)
764 yards to the northwest.
- Le Wilton (Pool & Billiards, Night Club, Pub)
491 yards to the west.
- CHU de Nantes - Hôtel Dieu (Hospital, Public Transportation)
1274 yards to the west.
- Palais des Congres - Nantes (Performance Venue, Gym)
444 yards to the northwest.
- TGV Nantes-Paris (Railroad, Train Station)
805 yards to the north.
- Novotel Nantes Centre Cité des Congrès (Hotel)
451 yards to the northwest.
- Complexe Sportif Mangin-Beaulieu (Sports Venue & Stadium)
834 yards to the southwest.
- Hammam Zein (Spa, Swimwear)
797 yards to the northwest.
- Quartier Bouffay (Shopping District, Neighborhood)
1245 yards to the northwest.
- Mercure Nantes Centre Gare (Hotel)
726 yards to the northwest.
- L'Entrecôte (French Restaurant)
1527 yards to the west.
- Stade La Beaujoire (Sports Venue & Stadium)
1184 yards to the northwest.
- Le Lieu Unique - Nantes (Pub, Concert Venue, Performance Venue)
757 yards to the northwest.
- Hotel Kyriad Nantes (Hotel)
906 yards to the northwest.
- Centre Commercial Beaulieu - Nantes (Shopping Mall)
768 yards to the southeast.
Wikipedia has a page about Nantes
Nantes (French pronunciation: [nɑ̃t]) (Breton: Naoned, Gallo: Naunnt) is a city in West France, located on the Loire River, 50 km (31 mi) from the Atlantic coast. The city is the 6th largest in France, with a metropolitan area of about 900,000 inhabitants.
Nantes is the capital city of the Pays de la Loire region and the Loire-Atlantique département and also the largest city in the Grand-Ouest, North western France in English. Together with Vannes, Rennes and Carhaix, it was one of the major cities of the historic province of Brittany, and the ancient Duchy of Brittany. Though officially separated from Brittany in 1789, Nantes is culturally Breton and still widely regarded as its capital city.
The Nantes Tramway opened in 1985, a reversal of the trend of tramway closures that had been going on since the middle of the 20th century. The tramway system is one of the largest and busiest in France. The city also has a Busway line, an innovative and notable Bus Rapid Transit. Nantes is served by an international airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport and a major French railway station, the Gare de Nantes.
In 2004, Time named Nantes as "the most liveable city in Europe". In 2010, Nantes was named a hub city for innovation in the Innovation Cities Index by innovation agency, 2thinknow. The city was ranked 36th globally from 289 cities and 4th overall in France, behind Paris, Lyon and Strasbourg for innovation across multiple sectors of the economy. As of 2013, Nantes holds the title of European Green Capital awarded by the European Commission for its efforts to reduce air pollution and CO2 emissions, for its high quality and well-managed public transport system and for its biodiversity with 3,366 hectares of green spaces and several Natura 2000 zones which guarantee a protection of nature in the area.
Euronantes is the city's Central business district, which is currently in development near Gare de Nantes and on the Île de Nantes, offering by 2015 500,000 m2 of office space, retail space and upscale hotels. The district is served by Busway line 4 at Cité Internationale des congrès et Tripode stations.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or