- La Cité, Le Centre des Congrès de Nantes (Auditorium, Theater)
425 yards to the northwest.
- CIRFA ( Centre d'Information et de Recrutement des Forces Armées (Recruiter, Airline Industry Services, Military Base)
1619 yards to the northwest.
- Château des ducs de Bretagne (officiel) (Museum, Region)
1044 yards to the northwest.
- Une saison au zoo:Zoo de la flèche (Petting Zoo)
1619 yards to the northwest.
- Centre Commercial Beaulieu - Nantes (Shopping Mall)
775 yards to the south.
- Fête Foraine de Nantes (Public Places & Attractions)
1313 yards to the northwest.
- La Passerelle de MARCEL - Vincent BRACIGLIANO (Restaurant, Brewery)
153 yards to the north.
- The Shelter (Brewery)
1611 yards to the northwest.
- Utopiales Nantes (Event)
434 yards to the northwest.
- Gare de Nantes (Train Station)
755 yards to the north.
- Seven Urban Suites Nantes Centre (Spa)
412 yards to the south.
- Palais des Sports de Beaulieu (Gym, Organization, Sports Venue & Stadium)
288 yards to the southeast.
- Stade Marcel Saupin (Sports Venue & Stadium)
177 yards to the north.
- Faculté des Sciences de Nantes (College & University)
1497 yards to the west.
- Nantes Métropole (Community Organization, Region)
767 yards to the northwest.
- Le Wilton (Pool & Billiards, Pub, Night Club)
492 yards to the west.
- Plage de Pornic (Beach)
659 yards to the northwest.
- Parc du Crapa (Public Places & Attractions, Park)
1453 yards to the east.
- Marathon De Nantes (Train Station)
1211 yards to the west.
- Place du Commerce (Public Places & Attractions)
1540 yards to the west.
- Plage de la Baule (Beach)
1542 yards to the northwest.
- TGV Nantes-Paris (Train Station, Railroad)
779 yards to the north.
- Complexe Sportif Mangin-Beaulieu (Sports Venue & Stadium)
832 yards to the southwest.
- Place Du Bouffay - Nantes (Public Square)
1237 yards to the west.
- Ecole D'architecture De Nantes (School, College & University)
1554 yards to the west.
- le lieu unique (officiel) (Concert Venue, Theater, Nightlife)
760 yards to the northwest.
- Les Machines de L'Isle, Nantes (Tourist Attraction, Tours & Sightseeing)
1545 yards to the northwest.
- Faculté de Médecine - Université de Nantes (College & University)
1380 yards to the west.
- L'entrecote À Nantes (Modern European Restaurant)
1517 yards to the west.
- L'Europe (Travel & Transportation, Pub, Brewery)
1586 yards to the west.
- Foulées Nantaises (Sports & Recreation)
1289 yards to the northwest.
- Jardin des plantes de Nantes (Park)
1059 yards to the north.
Wikipedia has a page about Nantes
Nantes (French pronunciation: [nɑ̃t]) (Breton: Naoned, Gallo: Naunnt) is a city in West France, located on the Loire River, 50 km (31 mi) from the Atlantic coast. The city is the sixth largest in France, with a metropolitan area of about 900,000 inhabitants.
Nantes is the capital city of the Pays de la Loire region and the Loire-Atlantique département and also the largest city in the Grand-Ouest, "Northwestern France" in English. Together with Vannes, Rennes and Carhaix, it was one of the major cities of the historic province of Brittany and the ancient Duchy of Brittany. Nantes is culturally Breton and still widely regarded as its capital city.
The Nantes Tramway opened in 1985, a reversal of the trend of tramway closures that had been going on since the middle of the 20th century. The tramway system is one of the largest and busiest in France. The city also has a Busway line, an innovative and notable bus rapid transit. Nantes is served by an international airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport and a major French railway station, the Gare de Nantes.
In 2004, Time named Nantes as "the most liveable city in Europe". In 2010, Nantes was named a hub city for innovation in the Innovation Cities Index by innovation agency 2thinknow. The city was ranked 36th globally from 289 cities and 4th overall in France, behind Paris, Lyon and Strasbourg for innovation across multiple sectors of the economy. As of 2013, Nantes holds the title of European Green Capital, awarded by the European Commission for its efforts to reduce air pollution and CO2 emissions, for its high-quality and well-managed public transport system, and for its biodiversity with 3,366 hectares of green spaces and several Natura 2000 zones which guarantee protection of nature in the area.
Euronantes is the city's central business district, which is currently in development near Gare de Nantes and on Île de Nantes, offering by 2015 500,000 square metres of office space, retail space and upscale hotels. The district is served by Busway line 4 at Cité Internationale des congrès et Tripode stations.
In 2012, Nantes was classified as a global city by the GAMMA GaWC ranking of Loughborough University in England. Nantes is the fourth highest-ranked French city (behind Paris, Lyon and Marseille) according to its classification. Nantes was ranked ahead of cities such as Porto, Florence, New Orleans, Hanover, and Genoa.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above