These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Nantes
Nantes (French pronunciation: [nɑ̃t]) (Breton: Naoned, Gallo: Naunnt) is a city in western France, located on the Loire River, 50 km (31 mi) from the Atlantic coast. The city is the sixth largest in France, with a metropolitan area of about 900,000 inhabitants.
Nantes is the capital city of the Pays de la Loire region and the Loire-Atlantique département, and it is the largest city in traditional Brittany and in the whole Grand-Ouest (northwestern France). Together with Vannes, Rennes and Carhaix, it was one of the major cities of the historic province of Brittany and the ancient Duchy of Brittany. Nantes is still widely regarded as its capital city.
The Nantes Tramway opened in 1985, a reversal of the trend of tramway closures that had been going on since the middle of the 20th century. The tramway system is one of the largest and busiest in France. The city also has a Busway line, an innovative and notable bus rapid transit. Nantes is served by an international airport, Nantes Atlantique Airport and a major French railway station, the Gare de Nantes.
In 2004, Time named Nantes as "the most liveable city in Europe". In 2010, Nantes was named a hub city for innovation in the Innovation Cities Index by innovation agency 2thinknow. The city was ranked 36th globally from 289 cities and 4th overall in France, behind Paris, Lyon and Strasbourg for innovation across multiple sectors of the economy. As of 2013, Nantes holds the title of European Green Capital, awarded by the European Commission for its efforts to reduce air pollution and CO2 emissions, for its high-quality and well-managed public transport system, and for its biodiversity with 3,366 hectares of green spaces and several Natura 2000 zones which guarantee protection of nature in the area.
Euronantes is the city's central business district, which is currently in development near Gare de Nantes and on Île de Nantes, offering by 2015 500,000 square metres of office space, retail space and upscale hotels. The district is served by Busway line 4 at Cité Internationale des congrès et Tripode stations.
In 2012, Nantes was classified as a global city by the GAMMA GaWC ranking of Loughborough University in England. Nantes is the fourth highest-ranked French city (behind Paris, Lyon and Marseille) according to its classification. Nantes was ranked ahead of cities such as Porto, Florence, New Orleans, Hanover, and Genoa.
- Patisserie Lambert (Food & Grocery, Place to EatDrink)
1201 to the northwest.
- Terra Brasil (Food & Grocery)
1234 to the northwest.
- Sapio-Arts (Restaurant, Cooking Lesson, Grocery Store)
1448 to the west.
- Istanbul GRILL (Barbecue Restaurant)
1205 to the northwest.
- La Passerelle de MARCEL - Vincent BRACIGLIANO (Brewery, Restaurant)
183 to the north.
- Veggie Avenue (Vegetarian & Vegan Restaurant)
1252 to the west.
- Les Frères Toqués Vignes Du Bouffay (French Restaurant)
1266 to the west.
- Caffè Luigi (Italian Restaurant)
1188 to the northwest.
- Roadside Nantes (New American Restaurant, Burger Restaurant, Coffee Shop)
1215 to the west.
- Restaurant Les Chants d'AVRIL Bistrot Gourmand Nantes (French Restaurant)
702 to the west.
- Aux saveurs braisées (Steakhouse, Halal Restaurant)
1350 to the west.
- Brady's Nantes (Irish Restaurant, Gastropub)
845 to the northwest.
- Oncle Pho (Restaurant)
1398 to the northwest.
- Félix (Restaurant)
477 to the northwest.
- Just Bigoud' (Cr#x00ea;perie)
1330 to the southwest.
- La récré (French Restaurant)
648 to the west.
- JAB'S Burger (Fast Food Restaurant)
384 to the south.
- Stade Marcel Saupin (Sports Venue & Stadium, Event Venue)
192 to the north.
- CooKoo Nantes (Clubhouse, Deck & Patio, Pub)
533 to the west.
- Discothèque le Bilboquet (Adult Entertainment)
1196 to the southwest.
- La Cité, Le Centre des Congrès de Nantes (Auditorium, Convention Center, Theater)
464 to the northwest.
- Les Brassés (Pub, Steakhouse, Brewery)
587 to the northeast.
- Le Café Rouge Mécanique (Pub)
1124 to the west.
- Au Vestiaire (Pub)
1384 to the west.
- Les Fleurs du Malt le Bar "La Digue du Fût" (Pub)
831 to the northwest.
- Madame rêve (Pub)
1284 to the west.
- Pépette (Vintage Store, Accessories Store)
1203 to the west.
- Gare de Nantes (Train Station)
702 to the north.
- Mouv and Coach (Gym, Personal Coaching)
1486 to the southwest.
- CHU de Nantes (Hospital)
1132 to the west.
- Centre Hospitalier Vétérinaire Atlantia officiel (Veterinarian, Hospital)
347 to the southeast.
- Lycée Nelson Mandela (High School, Junior High School)
527 to the southeast.
- Seven Urban Suites Nantes Centre (Spa)
377 to the south.
- Hôtel Mercure Nantes Centre Gare (Meeting Room, Restaurant)
624 to the northwest.
- Piercing Corpus Memori (Tattoo & Piercing)
1158 to the northwest.
- Hammam Zeïn Nantes (SpasBeautyPersonal Care)
727 to the northwest.
- La Boutique du Barbier (Shopping & Retail)
1247 to the west.
- Nantes Centre (Place to EatDrink)
614 to the south.
- Jardin des plantes de Nantes (Park, Landmark)
968 to the north.
- L'Atelier de Brice - Fleuriste (Home Decor, Florist)
596 to the west.
- Château des ducs De Bretagne (History Museum)
1083 to the northwest.
- Cité Internationale des Congrés (Event PlanningEvent Services, Travel & Transportation, Arts & Entertainment)
397 to the northwest.
- Le Miroir d'eau (Community & Government)
900 to the northwest.
- La Prison du Bouffay (Restaurant)
1110 to the west.
- Les Foulees De L'elephant (Outdoor Recreation)
469 to the northwest.
- Atelier du Petit Parc (Vintage Store)
898 to the west.
- BCHEF Nantes (Restaurant)
459 to the northeast.
- Château Duc De Bretagne (History Museum)
1032 to the northwest.