Barrow Bridge No 16
There is a bridge here which takes a minor road over the canal.
|Stenson Lock No 6||2 miles|
|Stenson Bridge No 19||2 miles|
|Arleston Bridge No 18||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|The Ragley Boat Stop||5½ furlongs|
|Deepdale Bridge No 17||3½ furlongs|
|Barrow Bridge No 16|
|Lowes Bridge No 15||5 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Toll House||7 furlongs|
|Swarkestone Junction||1 mile|
|Swarkestone Lock No 5||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
|Swarkestone Lock Bridge No 14||1 mile, ½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin On this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin Travel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Sawley Locks No 2 Travel to Horninglow Basin, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Burton to Fradley) to Shobnall Marina Travel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Trent Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) to Former BW Trent Lock Waterway Office
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Horninglow Basin Travel to Horninglow Basin, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Burton to Fradley) to Shobnall Marina
Wikipedia has a page about Barrow Bridge
Barrow rail bridge, (or the Barrow viaduct), is a pratt truss type of railway bridge that spans the river Barrow between County Kilkenny and County Wexford in the south east of Ireland. This rural landmark with a length of 2,131 ft (650 m) is the longest bridge on the river. It was second longest bridge in Ireland and the third longest rail bridge in the British Isles. Designed by Sir Benjamin Baker and built by the firm of Sir William Arrol. It is known locally as Barrow bridge.
Part of a development to improve cross-channel passenger services. Incorporating a 1887 viaduct, the steel truss single track bridge was built between 1902 and 1906 by English and Irish railway companies, it operated passenger services between Rosslare Harbour and Waterford until 2010. It is maintained by Iarnród Éireann, the Irish rail operator.
This bridge is one of six rail bridges of 45 bridges on the Barrow. It spans the river just upstream from its confluence with another of the three sisters the River Suir. Close to Great Island Power Station near Cheekpoint. It is the last bridge on the river Barrow and opens approximately twice daily to permit shipping and yachts to pass upstream to New Ross.
- Barrow upon Trent (Landmark & Historical Place)
572 yards to the south.
- The Brookfield Freehouse (Bar, Restaurant)
455 yards to the southwest.
- The Crewe and Harpur (Bar)
1447 yards to the east.
- The Ragley Boat Stop (Beer Bar)
1140 yards to the northwest.
- A50 road (Geographical Place, Region)
45049 yards to the west.
- Swarkestone Nursery (Coffee Shop, Restaurant)
1194 yards to the east.
- Swarkestone Sailing Club (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1551 yards to the southeast.
- Crewe & Harpur Arms (Bed and Breakfast, Fast Food Restaurant)
1398 yards to the east.
- Sale and Davys Playgroup (Education)
705 yards to the southwest.
- Daves Bicycle Workshop (Sports & Recreation)
760 yards to the south.
- Trent and Mersey Canal (Travel & Transportation)
99260 yards to the northwest.
- The Coopers Arms (Pub)
5295 yards to the east.