Bell Bridge No 89
There is a bridge here which takes a dual carriageway over the canal.
|Marker place "!3977"||1½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3976"||1¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3975"||1 furlong|
|Marker place "!3974"||¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3973"||¼ furlongs|
|Bell Bridge No 89|
|Bell Pipe Bridge||a few yards|
|Marker place "!3972"||¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3971"||¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!3970"||1 furlong|
|Marker place "!397z"||1¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Huddlesford Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Lichfield Canal (Under Restoration)) to Ogley Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Wyrley and Essington Canal) to Catshill Junction, then on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (Daw End Branch) to Aldridge Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Whittington Brook On this waterway in the direction of Whittington Brook
Wikipedia has a page about Bell Bridge
The Bell Bridge, crossing the Niobrara River near Valentine, Nebraska, is a historic bridge that is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
It is a Pratt through truss bridge that was designed by the Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio, fabricated by the Cambria Steel Co. of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and built by the Canton Bridge Co. It was built in 1903 and brings a Cherry County road across the Niobrara, 11.9 miles northeast of Valentine. It has also been known as the Allen Bridge and the Niobrara River Bridge and is registered as NEHBS No. CE00-22.
It is one of just four bridges in Cherry County that survived a flood in February, 1916. According to its NRHP nomination it is notable as "one of the oldest, longest and best-preserved of Cherry County's remarkable group of through trusses" and is "distinguished as one of the handful of pre-1916 trusses remaining" in the county and in the state.
National Register designation was given in 1992.
- HALSO UK FUELS LTD (Commercial & Industrial, Local Service)
708 yards to the northeast.
- Fradley Arms Hotel (Pub, Beer Garden)
497 yards to the northeast.
- 3twelve (Business Service)
357 yards to the west.
- Perlina Jewellery (Jewelry & Watches Store)
351 yards to the northwest.
- Newell Rubbermaid (Business Service)
1029 yards to the west.
- Café No 8 (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
856 yards to the west.
- Superstar Academy UK (Arts & Entertainment)
941 yards to the north.
- Pool House Equine Clinic (Hospital, Sports & Recreation)
1251 yards to the northeast.
- Faurecia Valcea (Car Dealership, Automotive Parts Store)
2266900 yards to the east.
- Little Bird Photobooths (Arts & Entertainment, Business Service)
297 yards to the northwest.
- Hellmann Worldwide Logistics (Cargo & Freight Company)
924 yards to the southwest.
- The Co-operative Food (Shopping & Retail)
4743 yards to the southwest.
- Story Parties Head Office (Event Planner)
1333 yards to the north.
- Whacky Wharehouse Fradley. (Party Entertainment Service)
516 yards to the northeast.
- Premier Inn Lichfield North East A38 (Bed and Breakfast, Restaurant)
900 yards to the northeast.
- Fradley Fit - Emma Stockton (Sports & Recreation Venue, Personal Coach)
1154 yards to the north.
- Fradley (City, Landmark & Historical Place)
1095 yards to the north.
- National Memorial Arboretum (Nonprofit Organization, Charity Organization)
3292 yards to the northeast.
- Fradley Village Hall (Event Planner)
878 yards to the north.