Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 3¼ furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (6¾ furlongs away); Natwest Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 7 furlongs away); Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (6¾ furlongs away)
You can wind here.
|Queensbridge Road Bridge No 48||2¾ furlongs|
|Haggerston Road Bridge No 47||2¼ furlongs|
|Laburnum Basin||1¾ furlongs|
|Shoreditch to Dalston Railway Bridge No 46||¾ furlongs|
|Kingsland Road Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Whitmore Road Bridge No 43||1¼ furlongs|
|Southgate Road Bridge No 42||3 furlongs|
|Royal Standard Pipe Bridge||3 furlongs|
|New North Road Bridge No 41||4¼ furlongs|
|Sturt's Lock No 6||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice
Wikipedia has a page about Kingsland Basin
Kingsland Basin is a canal basin in the De Beauvoir Town area of the London Borough of Hackney. The basin, which is also known as 'Kingsland Road Basin', dates from 1822 and is part of the Regents Canal.
The basin is the site of numerous housing redevelopments.
C.H.U.G. and Kingsland Basin Kingsland Basin is home to Canals in Hackney Users Group (CHUG). CHUG is a local charity based in Kingsland Basin, London N1. Founded in 1983, it was set up to 'promote use of the canal in Hackney'. In the early 1980s a Hackney Council grant to generate affordable housing enabled the dredging of the abandoned basin, and the setting up of moorings for residential boats. The individual residents formed CHUG, the Canals in Hackney Users Group.
CHUGʼs key activities over the last three decades focused on educating about the canal and its environmental & historical facets, and advocating its use by working with schools and local organisations. CHUG actively improved the canal environment, and campaigned for sustainable development around the basin. CHUG works closely with its fellow water-based charity, Laburnum Boat Club, which uses the basin as a training space. CHUG supports LBC with resources & funds for inclusive water sport activities.
CHUG still manages & maintains the moorings. This tightly knit community brings together people of all ages, and from all walks of life. The self- managed moorings, unique in the UK, provide desperately needed genuinely affordable residential moorings in central London. The redevelopment of Kingsland Basin may affect CHUG's ability to do this in the future.
- The Glory (Performance & Event Venue)
102 yards to the southeast.
- Stag's Head Hoxton (Gastropub)
160 yards to the west.
- The Towpath Cafe (Coffee Shop)
234 yards to the west.
- Draughts - London's first board game café (Bar)
186 yards to the east.
- Trew Era Cafe (Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
71 yards to the south.
- Headway East London (Nonprofit Organization)
157 yards to the east.
- The Archivist (Event Planner)
70 yards to the northwest.
- Suleymaniye Mosque (Landmark & Historical Place, Religious Center)
205 yards to the southeast.
- Love Vinyl (Music Store)
457 yards to the south.
- Berber & Q - Grill House (Middle Eastern Restaurant)
172 yards to the east.
- The Barge House (Restaurant, Performance & Event Venue)
224 yards to the west.
- MAP Maison (Cafe, Tapas Bar & Restaurant)
258 yards to the northeast.
- SHEDlondon (Arts & Entertainment)
262 yards to the northeast.
- Proud East (Pool & Billiard Hall, Cafe)
66 yards to the northwest.
- By the Bridge CafeBar (Coffee Shop, Beer Bar)
98 yards to the east.
- Regent's Canal (Region, Neighborhood)
1561 yards to the west.
- Street Studios (Professional Service)
152 yards to the northeast.
- Haggerston, Northumberland (City, Sports & Recreation)
521774 yards to the north.
- Arepa and Co. (Venezuelan Restaurant)
156 yards to the west.
- King's Head Members Club (Dance & Night Club, Social Club)
166 yards to the southeast.
- Point Blank (College & University)
544 yards to the west.
- Columbia Road Flower Market (Shopping & Retail, Shopping District)
1102 yards to the southeast.
- Tonkotsu East (Asian Restaurant)
176 yards to the northeast.
- Dalston (Cafe, Sports & Recreation)
1191 yards to the northeast.
- Monty's Deli (Deli)
444 yards to the south.
- Shoreditch Park (Landmark & Historical Place, Doctor)
727 yards to the west.
- Hive Dalston (Social Club, Nonprofit Organization)
150 yards to the northeast.
- Momentum Training & Crossfit Hackney (Personal Trainer)
277 yards to the northeast.