The place is a basin.
|Marker place "!003x"||2 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!0017"||1 mile, 3 furlongs|
|South Shields Ferry||6 furlongs|
|Royal Quays Marina||5¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!0018"||3 furlongs|
|Jarrow Slake Swinging Area||4 furlongs|
|Tyne - Don Junction||6¾ furlongs|
|Northumberland Dock Tidal Basin||7 furlongs|
|Tyne - Willington Gut Junction||2 miles, 1 furlong|
|Marker place "!0039"||2 miles, 6½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Wikipedia has a page about Tyne Dock
Tyne Dock is a neighbourhood within the town of South Shields, North East England, on the south bank of the River Tyne. It takes its name from the large dock on the river which was opened in 1859 by the North Eastern Railway (and acquired by the Tyne Improvement Commission in 1938) to handle Tyneside's coal exports. At its height the trade amounted to 7 million tons of coal transported via the four staiths which had been built to facilitate the process. This trade declined in the second half of the twentieth century and the bridges that carried the coal trains into the dock, the famous Tyne Dock Arches, were demolished in the early 1980s. The dock itself has been progressively infilled since closure, allowing for the building of modern storage warehouses. This process concluded with the final 13 acres that were filled in as part of the project to build the second Tyne Tunnel. The Tyne Dock basin was filled with 400,000 cubic metres of sediment dredged from the Tyne.
Tyne Dock Metro station, on the Tyne and Wear Metro, serves the Tyne Dock area, as well as neighbouring West Harton.
- Brewers Fayre Royal Quays (British Restaurant, Burger Restaurant)
1019 yards to the northwest.
- Trimmers Arms - South Shields (Local Service, Arts & Entertainment)
784 yards to the northeast.
- The Dolly Peel South Shields (Brewery)
724 yards to the east.
- Mechanics Arms (Arts & Entertainment)
1562 yards to the northeast.
- The Word (Landmark & Historical Place, Cafe)
1600 yards to the east.
- Aneesas Buffet Restaurant (Asian Restaurant, Indian Restaurant)
1059 yards to the east.
- Benefit Fitness Club North Shields (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
857 yards to the north.
- Man vs Food Grill House (American Restaurant, Steakhouse)
1321 yards to the south.
- Upfront Food Coffee House (Local Business)
1631 yards to the east.
- Redline Taxis (Taxi Service)
1524 yards to the east.
- Kuei-Ling Martial Arts (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1329 yards to the east.
- The Lounge Men's Hair and Tanning Salon (Tanning Salon)
1582 yards to the east.
- The Waterfront - Mill Dam (Thai Restaurant)
1236 yards to the northeast.
- Earl Of Zetland (Cafe)
827 yards to the north.
- DFDS UK (Travel Agency, Cargo & Freight Company)
480 yards to the north.
- L.R Tyre & Repair Centre (Tire Dealer & Repair Shop, Personal Injury Lawyer)
890 yards to the southeast.
- Customs House (Food & Beverage, Other)
1134 yards to the northeast.
- Hatton Academy of Dance & Arts (Performing Arts School, Dance Studio)
693 yards to the southeast.
- Lifestyle Fitness PT South Shields (Nutritionist)
1601 yards to the northeast.
- Tyne Dock (Transportation Service, Marine)
887 yards to the south.
- MFA Bowl North Shields (Arts & Entertainment)
1239 yards to the northwest.
- The Herb Garden Harbour (Bar & Grill)
912 yards to the north.
- West Park, Leeds (City, Region)
140703 yards to the south.