What Changed in April 2011
Tuesday 5 April 2011
- Removed extra heading from route tables (pre-release)
- Fixed no buttons on route tables (pre-release)
- Improved HTML layout for headers
Saturday 9 April 2011
- Made it compile on systems without mysql
Monday 10 April 2011
- Added loading of autoconf data into programme build and run
Tuesday 11 April 2011
- Turned off statistics if no mysql (from above)
- Extended attributes so database can cope with up to 15 locks in a staircase (issue 257)
Wednesday 12 April 2011
- Moved all attributes into bit fields instead of separate variables
- Allowed editing of details to cover upto 15 lock staircases
- And display of these in gazetteer
- First tentative steps for adverts - attribute, template for display in gazetteer, primitive database
Thursday 13 April 2011
- Your profile info shows even if you haven't submitted any photos (was inside the 'if' for photos)
Wednesday 20 April 2011
- Added a "count down" option - shows distance and time to the destination rather than the default count up.
- Fixed bug (issue 363) where "Easter Sunday" was appearing on Saturday
Saturday 23 April 2011
- Made countdown and count up both possible instead of one or the other
- Added a "set options" button to output which recalculates after you've changed them.
Sunday 24 April 2011
- Changed "change preferences" to "options" to make the button a more similar size
- Refactored display code to simplify route distances and times
- Added countdown distances and times to route tables
- Made the table more structured and with better headings. Decided to add lines to make it more readable.
- Prevented "enter" from activating the "copy first place" button.
- Added a "swap start-and-end places button" (you can do it from the "new route" menu, but this is easier)
- Wrote advert server code for graphical adverts
Monday 25 April 2011
- Finished code for graphical ads to be uploaded and saved in the database (needed to prevent strings getting truncated at zeros)
Tuesday 26 April 2011
- Made "cancel" button from change password work without you having to put something into all the fields!
Friday 29 April 2011
- Merged these changes from development into the live version and released, but with the adverts turned off until completed.
→ Release 9.13.4
- Fixed bug where session.misc didn't always exist (I was now testing it for "active" adverts) [pre-release]
- Fixed bug in new stuff where mysql wasn't being detected correctly [pre-release]
Saturday 30 April 2011
- Fixed bug in weather plugin (I'd misformatted the new URL for the service) [pre-release]
- Restored export button instead of blog in output.
- It was sometimes getting confused about the order of the waterway gauges - causing routes to be planned along seaways. Fixed.
- On systems with URL re-writing (so urls like /gazetteer/5eve) the "options" page wasn't opening on the gazetteer tab automatically
- A catch for some debugging info for a particular strange error
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Changed the way the autoconf data is loaded to avoid nightmares on uploading (re-wrote to use /bin/sh rather than canal so as not to be dependent on it)
Sunday 1 May 2011
- Fixed bug in how yesterday's gauge code was interacting with the change options code from a week ago.
- And another related one where the database wasn't always available
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- More work on the autoconfig to catch some oddities I'd missed