What Changed in April 2012
Saturday 31 March 2012
- Added extra check in place refining to prevent invalid IDs getting into stoppages database
- Restored information in the overnight stops list about where a place is (the display of this was lost when information about why you'd stopped was added).
- Reworked this code to make it tidier and to fix a rare bug where the wrong waterway was reported (as had been noted in issue 569 but not pinned down at the time)
Monday 2 April 2012
- As suggested in issue 570 have split "save" options for logged on users and "apply" for the duration of the session. This also makes "reset to saved" a lot more useful!
- Made the display of "marker places" a lot more friendly - they now have a link that explains what they are, rather than just a bare string of gibberish. Inspired by issue 571.
Wednesday 4 April 2012
- Removed "hours per day" from trips where the total days are determined anyway - max will still be given if user stops are provided.
- Fixed "spinner" code for when the field is empty
- Provided default for trip length
Thursday 5 April 2012
- Prevented 'max hours per day' appearing after trip planning on some screen geometries.
- And also "stop here"/"clear stop" getting confused on the final intermediate places in the same circumstances
Saturday 7 April 2012
- Fixed several bugs in calculating distances when a fixed distance (a tunnel for example) was involved (see issue 576).
- Wrote a little patch program to cause recalculation in all such stretches of waterway.
- Added a "miles and yards" output mode, just for Pete.
→ Release 9.17.8
- Fixed rounding error in cumulative time in itineraries (copied seconds-based code from normal route tables). Fixes final point from issue 568.
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Monday 9 April 2012
- Removed stray '<' in itinerary output
- Moved output map options to "map" tab where they belong
- Completed long-outstanding work to have daily maps in the itinerary
→ Release 9.17.9
- Added a new "no day length calculations at all" mode as suggested in issue 410. This suppresses overnight outputs (but leaves it in the output selector) and hides the "itinerary" button.
Saturday 14 April 2012
- Added an easier way to copy IDs from gazetteer pages - clicking on the ID pops up a "copy" box
- Extended it to lat, long, grid ref and postcode
- Got a "Mikron Theatre Company" plugin that I'd written a while back running now that Mikron have kindly sent me their itinerary. I've loaded shows up to the beginning of July into the database and will add the others later today, but this lets us test it.
→ Release 9.17.10
- Added the ability to collapse the menu and restore it
Sunday 15 April 2012
- Added the ability to rotate photos when uploading them: it's not always clear with mobile devices which way they will appear and it's silly to have to use all that bandwidth again if you didn't get it right.
- Made the cursor go "busy" when submitting
- Fixed a buggy interaction of the events code (Mikron at the moment) with the alternative routes code (they both used the same flags to show special places and they weren't reset between uses) [pre-release]
- In response to issue 579 I've added "new contributions" to the common menu data (above "Bugs & ideas").
- Processed Mikron data up to the end of August 2012
→ Release 9.17.11
- As discussed in issue 581 I've enhanced the latitude and longitude copy boxes
- As discussed in issue 579 I've added "photos" to the menu on the new contributions page
- Tweaked the HTML a bit to make it better and more standard-conforming
- Fixed logical error in saving new routes vs overwriting them (issue 564 and, I think issue 231 as well)
→ Release 9.17.12
- Changed the way I print any output and added a trap so that debugging statements don't make it into release versions (I've had too many errors like that, issue:582 being the most recent example
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Monday 17 April 2012
- Rotating photos would have made the "big" version small. Fixed
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Tuesday 18 April 2012
Saturday 21 April 2012
- Added some icons to the options screen, including improving the two sub-options screens for POI and Exclusions. Pure eye-candy but ...
- Added the ability to change the waterway name from the normal waterway edit screen (came out of issue 482).
- Prevented it saying "1 day, each of which" in route output
- Short trips but with first night/last morning settings now get overnight stops displayed
- If the hours before and after add up to more than the total time we get an error not negative hours. I think I've probably finished everything in issue 423 now.
→ Release 9.17.13
Saturday 28 April 2012
- Made "onsubmit" form action easy to drive parametrically. Set the "busy" activity from all forms (notably changing options when it didn't go busy when recalculating)
- Put the main database location entirely according to the configuration file (including in C utilities) - preparation for moving it into "data"
- Removed unwanted (and ineffective) "show stoppages" tick box from the "planning" tab of options (half of issue 585).
- Fixed confusion in date ranges for stoppage (the other half of issue 585) - useful info here
→ Release 9.17.14
- Typo that broke large-scale editing fixed
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Made "Plan around this" for stoppages work - it broke in release 9.17.3 in early March and no-one seems to have noticed! Added a warning message when a route is bypassing a stoppage. This is still not entirely ideal, I need to think a bit more about how to present stoppages affecting a route.
Sunday 29 April 2012
- Fixed a bug that's prevented postcodes being looked up for probably a very long time
- Implemented a soft form of error trapping and built it in for the commands that keep giving problems in stoppages. Added structure around here to send background email bug report but to do so silently
- Added a new way to read websites that stops after a determined time and so means that if a site is temporarily down (like Geograph was this morning) then anyone using that plugin doesn't get a failure on the gazetteer.
- Enhanced the error page - well I like it anyway. Not that I want people to see it of course!
→ Release 9.17.15
- Fixed to new for sites that don't send a final end-of-line (Google search for example)
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Debugging print in split_waterway (issue 598) fixed and regular expression to find them beefed up a bit (I'd forgotten leading tabs as well as spaces - \s did the trick)