What Changed in August 2013
Saturday 10 August 2013
The changes include:
- Replaced innumerable small graphics files with icons from Font Awesome. These are crisper, size independent, load a lot faster and have clear licensing conditions.
- dropdown menus for input boxes
- buttons with submenus like "New Route"
- pre-set input boxes such as the reason a waterway isn't navigable
- the slider to allocate locks when adding a new place to a waterway
- styling around boxes (like the menus and the button bar)
- styling for the buttons
- Removed Google Latitude as it's not supported any more
- Fixed at least the following issues:
The intention of all of this work is to make CanalPlanAC:
- Easier and quicker to maintain and upgrade for the developers
- Quicker to load and render on your browser
- Require less server effort to support simple pages leaving more resources free to calculate routes
Future releases will build on this. As well as normal developments and fixes an early change will be to use the new frameworks to make it render better on mobile and other devices with small screens.
→ Release 9.21
- Patch for non-working close button on gazetteer discussion and history. Needs to be made to use "proper" buttons but better than not working at all
→ Release 220.127.116.11
- Restored button bar to waterway edit (hidden by mistake when adding default reasons for exclusion)
- Excluded reasons are added, not replaced by "no reason given" (change of field name not reflected in code)
- Restored maps to new place page
- Fixed the inheritance of exclusion status for new waterways when one is split, including removing exclusion from parent.
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Sunday 11 August 2013
- Fixed bug with markers for maps in gazetteers - I'd been a bit reckless in clearing out stuff. Improved styling a little along the way
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Another tweak to overnight calculations attempting to fix issue 782 without reawaking issue 762.
- Improved message about turning if you stop overnight at the turning place
- Removed "just past" or "nearly at" when you were actually at the place
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Adjusted day calculations to address issue 766. The problem is caused by floating point rounding - the work-around I've done is to check I've not hit the end: this might suffice or we might need to do some much more sophisticated work with a formal epsilon and stuff.
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Monday 12 August 2013
- Sometimes people manage to trigger options from load-ring. I don't know how, but it now works instead of causing an "unexpected submit" bug
- Added adverts to a few missing pages such as the route wizard and the top-level gazetteer selection pages
- Enhanced advert tracking for operators
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Wednesday 14 August 2013
- Fixed bugs in photo submission - a nasty combination of things from the session change I'd been getting away with and changes to the configuration
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Friday 16 August 2013
- Fixed a bug for with code to catch misformed options that was affecting one person frequently
- Fixed a bug where the slider code was being called when there was no slider for adding a new place (Which stopped the maps) - issue 768.
→ Release 18.104.22.168
Tuesday 20 August 2013
- A couple of further pre-release tweaks to the options code to completely push out Friday's bug
- Changes to the background processor and the poi code to make them more robust
- Removed unwanted HTML escapes in blog titles
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Removed the Google Latitude code from the user profile display and save
- Enhancements to help remote blogging
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Tuesday 27 August 2013
- Fixed some exposed markup on date boxes (issue 788).
- Fixed "centre on map" for adding places (a longstanding bug) - issue 789.
- Restored editing of waterways using the "waterways tree" (issue 794).
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Wednesday 28 August 2013
- Added a "no-cache" directive to API outputs to prevent (in particular) IE serving up the wrong route map
→ Release 184.108.40.206 (to beta)