What Changed in November 2011
To Wednesday 2 November 2011
- Fixes for units and internationalisation in setting waterway properties (issue 495
- Added a way of checking for the existence of places and waterways without using names and so triggering internationalisation code
- Improved formatting of distances (spirit of issue 490)
- A very first addition of overnight stopping selection. Much more sophistication can be added, but I wanted to get the basics in and working (issue 229 and two others merged in!).
→ Release 9.16 *ADDS*Overnight stop selection
- Bugfix to enable non-logged in route planning (that existence checking code wasn't used quite right) - issue 502
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Bugfix to restore addition of places (existence checking for duplicate names had reversed logic) (pre-release - issue 505)22
Saturday 5 November 2011
- Code to allow you to set default hours-per-day in options and for this to take over from the default when you log on - as requested in issue 503.
- Added "maximum" and "minimum" hours per day at the same time - I'm going to need them for enhancing the overnight scheduling. At the moment they don't do anything but are completely harmless
- To help me in development: made displayed lookup tables be ordered even if they aren't normally
- Some improvements to overnights - adding a stop too close to the end could cause an infinity to be generated.
→ Release 9.16.1
Tuesday 8 November
- Added a check for debugging alerts to the build phase
Wednesday 16 November
- Pre-release hack to allow faulty waterways with no links to be deletable (so 1-or-less-links, rather than 1-link)
Thursday 17 November
- Finally tracked down the source of stray coordinate entries (which, in turn, caused adding places or marker places to fail sometimes) - when a waterway was deleted and that led to the places at the end being deleted, they left their coordinates behind (pre-release).
Monday 21 November
- Fixed some POI debugging code getting printed - issue 514
To Friday 25 November 2011
- Added feature (for me) to recreate exact situation from an automatic bug report
- Tidied up internal SQL (removed unnecessary trailing ; - in one or two ancient cases added parameter passing)
- Fixed a bug I introduced in the pre-release hack on Wednesday which was causing deleting waterways to fail!
Saturday 26 November 2011
→ Release 9.16.2
- Small tweak to bug code so you could continue from the first page
- Using this made several enhancements to overnight stopping adjustment to avoid "infinity generated" errors
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Lots of SQL tidying up - I may have introduced the odd typo here - keep an eye out!
Sunday 27 November 2011
- Greatly enhanced towpath handling, including ability to go from single to double and vice versa, and to have no towpath (more than was asked for in issue 463).
→ Relase 9.16.3
Monday 28 November 2011
- You can't delete a place with an active discussion. When do you delete a place any closed discussion is deleted. This is issue 467
- Added nofollow check to edit_distances in an attempt to put Bing back in his box
→ Release 9.16.4