What Changed in October and November 2015
Monday 19 October 2015
- Have been working on code for a map-based place selector. Very nearly finished but not quite ready for release yet.
- Added a line on trip time to the route summary in response to issue 40.
Tuesday 20 October 2015
- Added a fifth selector box to address issue 36. This is an inelegant solution: I'd rather rewrite all the code to make it work on any depth (according to the zero, one, infinity rule) but this is a quick fix. Pushed this out as a pre-release patch.
Wednesday 21 October 2015
- Improvements to list handling, building a pool of list items
Thursday 22 October 2015
- Further improvements to list code to speed up adding values to an existing list. This gives a significant speed-up (10-100 fold) when accumulating many items one-by-one in a list (something that happens quite a lot).
To Sunday 1 November 2015
- Added code to create areas. Still need to propagate across place data and use them for things. Turned off in current release.
- Added a report of the accuracy of your nearest place in response to issue 43. With some experience of this I can probably hide it when too poor.
- Final adjustments to map-based place selector. This is still imperfect but I thought worth releasing as it stands.
→ Release 9.25.2
Sunday 8 November 2015
- Added accuracy info to boat location tracking feedback
- Reworked code for updating waterways (including distances) when database edits are made - to incorporate updates for hulls and areas (not written but have stubs) and to make more logical.
- Fixed a long-standing bug where adding places to a very small number of canals (chiefly the BCN Old Main Line) broke the database [pre-release]
- Added a trap for general broken database issues that tries to regenerate it [pre-release]
Monday 9 November 2015
- Fixed bug in selecting formats that caused history on "additional information" to cause an error (part of issue 50). Released as pre-release patch.
- Fixed bug in code path that caused history on "navigational notes" to fail (but still errored)
Tuesday 10 November 2015
- Fixed remainder of bug with navigational note history (completes issue 50).
Wednesday 11 November 2015
- Fixed bug where quicksearch didn't work for places with & in (not so much a bug, more an over-zealous sanitisation routine).
Saturday 14 November 2015
- Removed updating statistics database as it isn't used and uses a lot of resources
- Restored information on nearest navigable waterway to home page etc
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Sunday 15 November 2015
- Added coloured tabs to edit mode of navigational note and place comments. Should have been done a long time ago!
To Saturday 28 November 2015
- Completed - I hope - area editing code, and added code to add external links to places, areas, features and waterways. None of this is quite fit for release yet, but it's getting there
- Fixed a bug where your default starting place wasn't making it into the route editor screen (it was for the wizard). Did as a pre-release patch. Fixes issue 54.
Sunday 29 November 2015
- Polished up external link code enough to make it releasable I think. Added half a dozen website as proof of concept.
→ Release 9.26
- Added a fix for changes to the cookie-consent code (the new code, for unexplained reasons, didn't get on with Bootstrap so I had to move it around so it arrived after BS not before)
- Added an auto-fill for the two text fields for adding a website. Not perfect (the parsing is basic) but surprisingly effective for a lot of sites.
→ Release 9.26.1
Monday 30 November 2015
- Added revision table for external website and code to include these in "new contributions" and the RSS feed.
- Removed "sensor" parameter that Google used to insist on and now clutter up my log with warning about
→ Release 9.26.2
- Added "nofollow" to "add area"
- Fixed bug with the place name not being properly displayed when adding an area
- Fixed bug where validation took place even when "add area" was cancelled
These two - and the last of the previous, all constitute issue(s) 57
→ Release 220.127.116.11