Canalplan AC Forums

For discussions about Canalplan AC, features etc.

You are not logged in.

#1 Tuesday 20th June 2017 13:41:40

Adagio

Changing Overnight stops

Hi
I really enjoy using Canalplan but in planning routes recently I seem to have lost thebutton or feature where you could force it use your own overnight stops and even stay put for a few days?
Maybe it's in the preferences, which I confess to playing around with??
Steve

#2 Tuesday 20th June 2017 17:40:17

Shultzy

Re: Changing Overnight stops

At the end of the route summary there is a [Adjust Stops] click on this button and then tickboxes will appear. To make places into overnight stops just tick the box by them in the route display, then press [Route Editor]. [Stop overnight here] is displayed in [Intermediate places]. Click on the [Edit] button to change the duration.

Regards Shultzy

#3 Thursday 21st February 2019 04:01:59

Gary C. Stone

That's not working for me. I followed the instructions above to the "T" and when I was taken back to the Route Editor there was no "Stop Overnight Here" displayed in Intermediate Places, nor was there an "Edit" button.

#4 Thursday 21st February 2019 07:27:27

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Please raise it as a bug in the bug tracker.

#5 Thursday 21st February 2019 08:12:03

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

There's already a bug open for this (two actually!) - I've pinned it down to a side effect of the new buttons at the top of the page but can't quite work out what to do about it yet.   I hope to sort it out soon.

In the meantime you can do it, although it's slightly more long-winded.   First you add the place you want to stop as an intermediate stop, then you use the menu button by that to say you want to stop overnight there.

That's actually all the tick boxes do - just in a slightly easier way for multiple stops.

#6 Thursday 21st February 2019 23:03:12

Gary C. Stone

That worked brilliantly! Thanks!

#7 Saturday 23rd February 2019 09:43:25

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

I've now fixed it - technical detail in the bug ticket if you really care!

Board footer