Canalplan AC Forums

For discussions about Canalplan AC, features etc.

You are not logged in.

#1 Monday 8th January 2018 15:44:32

Tony Colpus

Canal Planner

Believe it or not, I have searched the "Help" section before writing here.

Can anyone tell me what time allowance is made for transiting a lock.  The planner has me passing through the Wigan lock at speed of light, or at least considerably faster than I could manage.

#2 Monday 8th January 2018 19:26:20

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Re: Canal Planner

which lock at Wigan?

On the Preferences page you can set various speeds and timings:

locks.png

Planning a route through the main flght shows that Canalplan thinks it's about 4 hours..... which is what you'd expect given that the default is 10 minutes per lock in a broad flight.

#3 Monday 15th January 2018 14:30:32

Tony Colpus

Thanks Stephen,  I am just starting out and take considerably longer than 10 mins.
Another question if  may, I struggle to find this forum, could you put a menu option on the Home page.  I go via Bugs & Ideas at present
Thanks

#4 Monday 15th January 2018 17:19:09

Shultzy

That's the only place you can select it from, but I'm sure that Stephen and Nick will look at it.

Regards Shultzy

#5 Monday 15th January 2018 18:50:29

Stephen Atty
Administrator

The forum is tucked away down here because we're not running the forum as a Canal forum - its just here for posting things that aren't really bug issues and it also gives us a place to discuss things that become too long for the discussion block on a page.

So really it is part of the "Changes, bugs and ideas"

Steve

#6 Friday 26th January 2018 18:36:59

Chris Stone

Not sure if this is the correct place to piggy back, however, here goes.  Is this Canal Planner available to download to a mobile phone ??  I can't seem to find it when I search for this planner from my phone.  Thanks in advance.

#7 Friday 26th January 2018 19:09:22

Stephen Atty
Administrator

No Chris it's not  and its something we've been asked to do several times but have decided not to.

There is some work being done on Open Canal Map for Android to allow it to import exported routes from Canalaplan but that's still in a work in progress.

We have looked at providing a set of APIs which third party apps can access to do route planning but its pretty much low in priority ... below fixing bugs and getting things working properly on the website.

#8 Friday 26th January 2018 23:04:07

Chris Stone

Thanks for the answer Stephen, I best work out how to print off the route suggests then.  Cheers

#9 Friday 26th January 2018 23:22:39

Stephen Atty
Administrator

You can export PDFs or you can export various data formats for loading into other applications.

And as I said Open Canalmaps will able to take a canalplan export file (with timings) and be able to use that to tell you how you are progressing.

https://opencanalmap.uk/2018/01/22/load … -ac-files/

#10 Thursday 30th August 2018 21:02:28

Stephen Atty wrote:

You can export PDFs or you can export various data formats for loading into other applications.

And as I said Open Canalmaps will able to take a canalplan export file (with timings) and be able to use that to tell you how you are progressing.

https://opencanalmap.uk/2018/01/22/load … -ac-files/

I have started a new topic about this, but I don't seem to be able to export PDFs any more. HELP!!!

Sammi in Aberdeen

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xxx

#11 Tuesday 2nd April 2019 12:41:33

Adagio

Hi, I was looking to export my plan as a PDF
I saw the option on one page but have lost it.
Can you point me in the right direction?

#12 Tuesday 2nd April 2019 12:51:13

Adagio

Found it! On itinerary.

Board footer