Canalplan AC Forums

For discussions about Canalplan AC, features etc.

You are not logged in.

#1 Thursday 7th February 2019 19:45:54

Shultzy

Moving a place a large distance

[Wolsey Chimneys] on the [River Soar Navigation] has been moved a large distance off the line of the canal. Its actually further away from its current position closer to [Belgrave Lock No 44].

There are currently four places (and a lot of marker places, which can't be seen) between the old position and where it actually needs to be. Normally I would move it using  [Edit and Change], [Move place] but because of the large number of markers places that's not feasible.

Other than moving the photos to another place, deleting [Wolsey Chimneys], recreating, then returning the photos; is there an easier/better way to move it?

Regards Shultzy

#2 Thursday 7th February 2019 20:58:02

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Re: Moving a place a large distance

Good Question - I wonder if there should be a limit on how far a place can be dragged in one go?

#3 Thursday 7th February 2019 21:01:14

Shultzy

Usually its not a problem as it can be moved back but this issue has occurred because [Wolsey Chimneys] was never in the right place since it was created.

Regards Shultzy

#4 Thursday 7th February 2019 21:10:11

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

Just to clarify - although you can drag it back into the right physical place, it will logically be out of order on the map?   

So the movement of it isn't really the problem, this would be an issue even if it hadn't been dragged?

In that case I think the easiest thing is to create a new place in the right logical and physical place, move the photos to it, then delete the old place.   And either rename the current one first, or the new one afterwards.

#5 Thursday 7th February 2019 22:08:43

Shultzy

I thought that might be the only way, thanks.

Regards Shultzy

Board footer