Canalplan AC Forums

For discussions about Canalplan AC, features etc.

You are not logged in.

#1 Thursday 3rd January 2019 17:43:58

Unable to create PDFs

Hiya I was wondering if you could help me sort this out. I don't know how the bug reporting works so here is my problem.

Once I have made an itinerary at the end is the create PDF option, it was working fine for me last week and I haven't changed any settings, but now it says creating PDF then just sits and does nothing, How can I get round this please.?

Sammi Gray-Jones

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xxx

#2 Thursday 3rd January 2019 19:09:06

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Re: Unable to create PDFs

Which browser are you using? Do you get any error messages displayed at any time?

#3 Thursday 3rd January 2019 22:31:51

I'm using Firefox, which was working the other day, but now it comes up with sending maps to PDF generator and goes to the page where you can download it, but there is no progress at all.

Last edited by Sammi Gray-Jones (Thursday 3rd January 2019 22:35:17)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xxx

#4 Friday 4th January 2019 10:20:53

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

There's definitely a bug where the progress wasn't being displayed (I broke something on New Year's day).  I've fixed that on my development machine, but it's now sticking on "WORKPLACE PREPARED".  Will continue to investigate and should be able to fix later today.

Bug reporting is really a lot easier than it looks - click on it, then find "report issue" (third item on top menu) and fill the form in with your best guesses.  The great thing about it for us is that it keeps all the reports in one place, and lets us close them as they are completed, so we are less likely to miss them.

#5 Friday 4th January 2019 10:35:21

Nicholas Atty
Administrator

Should now be fixed.  Thanks for reporting it (while I like bug reports for the reasons I mentioned a few minutes ago, any report is better than none!).

#6 Friday 4th January 2019 11:56:00

Thanks for that, I'm using the PDFs to plan the progress of a narrowboat in a book that I'm writing for my own and wife's pleasure and want to have the journey as realistic as possible. So far they have travelled from Willowbridge Marina all the way to Llangollen and are now nearing Ellesmere Port.

Sammi xx

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xxx

#7 Friday 4th January 2019 18:37:44

Stephen Atty
Administrator

Sounds an interesting use of canalplan Sammi.

#8 Friday 4th January 2019 23:00:52

My wife and I love having holidays on the cut, and this year will be our third holiday with Nick and Emma at Bettisfield Boats, going from there to Warrington and back. Our ultimate dream is to have our own boat and live on board just cruising round the network, which is what inspired the book.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xxx

Board footer