Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, boater-operated pump-out, rubbish disposal, toilets and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 6f2.
|Sandford Lock (Thames) Weir Exit||4 miles, 1½ furlongs|
|Radley College Boat House||2 miles, 5½ furlongs|
|Nuneham Railway Bridge||1 mile, 2¼ furlongs|
|Swift Ditch Junction and Lock||4½ furlongs|
|Abingdon Lock Weir Entrance No 1||½ furlongs|
|Abingdon Lock Weir Exit No 1||¾ furlongs|
|Abingdon Bridge||3¾ furlongs|
|Thames - Ock Junction||4 furlongs|
|Thames - Wilts and Berks Canal (derelict )||4 furlongs|
|Abingdon Marina||4½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outThe nearest self-operated pump-out is here. Others are at: Travel to Osney Bridge, then on the River Thames (above Oxford) to Eynsham Lock Travel to Osney Bridge, then on the River Thames (above Oxford) to Sheepwash Channel Junction, then on the River Thames (Sheepwash Channel) to Isis Lock Junction, then on the Oxford Canal (Southern Section - Main Line) to Thrupp Cruising Club
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Abingdon Lock
Abingdon Lock is a lock on the River Thames in England, less than 1 mile east and upstream of Abingdon, Oxfordshire, on the opposite bank of the river. It was originally built in 1790 by the Thames Navigation Commission.
The weir runs across from the Abingdon side to the lock island, and has a pedestrian walkway across it.
According to a tablet above the front door, the current lock-keeper's house dates from 1928. Ice creams and refreshments have been sold from the door of the house for at least 30 years.
- Broad Face Abingdon (Gastropub, British Restaurant)
863 yards to the west.
- The Narrows (Beer Garden)
1030 yards to the west.
- Oriental Food Micro Mart Abingdon (Shopping & Retail, Ethnic Grocery Store)
1086 yards to the west.
- Lewis Baker Retail (Department Store)
907 yards to the west.
- Bella Napoli Restaurant Pizzeria (Pizza Place)
990 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Bridge Marine (Boat Rental)
805 yards to the west.
- St Helen's Church, Abingdon (Religious Center, Landmark & Historical Place)
1106 yards to the west.
- Sean Antony (Professional Service)
1052 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Abbey Buildings (Landmark & Historical Place, Museum)
788 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Bridge (Landmark & Historical Place)
807 yards to the west.
- Oxford University Museum of Natural History (College & University, Locality)
10605 yards to the north.
- Abingdon Marina - Oxford Ltd (Locality, Company)
1176 yards to the southwest.
- The Crown & Thistle, Abingdon (Pub, Mediterranean Restaurant)
853 yards to the west.
- Abbaye d'Abingdon (Convent & Monastery, Landmark & Historical Place)
667 yards to the west.
- Abingdon Town F.C. (Sports Team, Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1001 yards to the southwest.
- Abingdon United F.C. (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Sports Team)
1382 yards to the north.
- Music at The Northcourt (Bar, MusicianBand)
1447 yards to the north.
- The White Horse Leisure & Tennis Centre (Sports & Fitness Instruction)
780 yards to the northeast.