The place is a wharf.
You can wind here.
|Guide Bridge Bridge No 25||1 mile, 1½ furlongs|
|Guide Bridge No 26||1 mile|
|Jeremy Brook Footbridge No 27||5¾ furlongs|
|Site of Factory Bridge No 27A||4¾ furlongs|
|Walk Mill Bridge No 28||2½ furlongs|
|Portland Street Footbridge No 29||¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Street Bridge No 30||1½ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (West end)||1¾ furlongs|
|Supermarket Tunnel (East end)||2½ furlongs|
|Ashton-under-Lyne Railway Viaduct No 32||3 furlongs|
|Peak Forest Canal (Lower)|
|Portland Basin Stone Bridge||a few yards|
|Portland Basin Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Portland Basin Arm||½ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Railway Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Dukinfield Lift Bridge No 1||2¾ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn the Ashton Canal in the direction of Ducie Street Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to New Islington Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Dukinfield Junction
Dukinfield Junction (grid reference SJ933984) is the name of the canal junction where the Peak Forest Canal, the Ashton Canal and the Huddersfield Narrow Canal meet near Ashton-under-Lyne, Greater Manchester, England. The area has been designated by Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council as a conservation area.
It is adjacent to Portland Basin, and the names are often used as synonyms by boaters, whilst locals refer only to Portland Basin. Strictly speaking, Portland Basin is the wide area on the main line of the canal. The arm under the junction bridge and the aqueduct over the River Tame were built by the Ashton Canal, and the junction with the Peak Forest canal was historically at the southern end of the aqueduct.
- The Witchwood (Dance & Night Club, Performance & Event Venue)
465 yards to the north.
- Mollys bar (Party Entertainment Service)
897 yards to the northeast.
- Ashton Police Station (Law Enforcement Agency, Region)
527 yards to the northwest.
- Ash Tree Farm - Farmhouse Inn (Pub)
1070 yards to the northwest.
- Anfield Cemetery (Landmark & Historical Place, Region)
62356 yards to the west.
- Sophia's sweet little things -Handmade With Love (Baby & Children's Clothing Store)
880 yards to the northeast.
- Dukinfield Junction (City, Art Museum)
3 yards to the north.
- Salon fifty (Barber Shop)
616 yards to the north.
- Monroe Salon Fryzjerski (Makeup Artist, Business Service)
787 yards to the northeast.
- Urhealth&beauty (Massage Service, Nail Salon)
559 yards to the southeast.
- The Village Hotel, Ashton-u-lyne (Hotel Resort)
475 yards to the west.
- The Anthony Seddon Fund (Nonprofit Organization)
837 yards to the northeast.
- The Village Hotel and Spa, Manchester (Spa, Food & Beverage)
1137 yards to the northwest.
- Latin Steps Dance Company (Dance & Night Club)
862 yards to the north.
- Body Contour Beauty (Makeup Artist, Spa)
673 yards to the southeast.
- Guide Bridge railway station (Railroad Company, Railway Station)
1367 yards to the southwest.
- Tameside (Arts & Entertainment, Borough)
988 yards to the northeast.
- The Service Station (Hair Salon)
706 yards to the northeast.
- St Ann's R C Church (Church)
725 yards to the north.
- Bella Italia (Pizza Place, Family Style Restaurant)
1152 yards to the northwest.
- Splash Mermaid academy. Manchester. Fin2fit (School, Party Entertainment Service)
878 yards to the north.
- Portland Museum (Community Museum, Civilization Museum)
294 yards to the north.
- Black Kraken Tattoo .Co (Arts & Entertainment)
1023 yards to the northeast.
- Morrisons Dukinfield (Lottery Retailer, Gas Station)
1492 yards to the southeast.
- Weymouth Villa Function Suite at Dukinfield Masonic Hall (Performance & Event Venue, Lounge)
816 yards to the east.
- Ashton Walk In Centre (Hospital, Doctor)
460 yards to the north.
- Tameside Radio (Broadcasting & Media Production Company, Radio Station)
234 yards to the northeast.
- Village Hotel Ashton (Pub)
3762 yards to the southwest.
- Ashton Canal (City, Sports & Recreation)
31 yards to the northwest.
- VILLAGE Ashton-Leisure Club (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1142 yards to the northwest.
- Audenshaw (Arts & Entertainment)
1352 yards to the southwest.
- Vitamin-Shop Ashton under Lyne (Vitamin Supplement Shop, VitaminsSupplements)
694 yards to the northeast.
- Portland Basin, Ashton (Landmark & Historical Place, Just For Fun)
60 yards to the northwest.
- Battleball limited (Arts & Entertainment, Party Entertainment Service)
378 yards to the southwest.