Grove Road Bridge No 96
This is a pinch point. The normal maximum dimensions for a boat on this waterway are 72 feet long, 7 feet wide, 6 feet and 11 inches high and 2 feet and 11 inches deep, but to pass through here the maximum dimensions are 6 feet and 6 inches high.
Mooring here is tolerable (it's just about possible if really necessary) .
There is a bridge here which takes a minor road over the canal.
|Knowle Street Winding Hole||2 miles, 2½ furlongs|
|Knowl Street Bridge No 97||1 mile, 7½ furlongs|
|Millbrook Pipebridge||4¼ furlongs|
|Bywith Lock No 8W||¾ furlongs|
|Waterways Office (Manchester and Pennine Waterways, Staleybridge) - Canal & River Trust||¼ furlongs|
|Grove Road Bridge No 96|
|Swineshaw Brook Aqueduct||¼ furlongs|
|Black Rock Lock No 9W||3 furlongs|
|Black Rock Bridge No 94||3½ furlongs|
|Avenue Lock No 10W||3¾ furlongs|
|Scout Mill||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to Ashton-under-Lyne Junction, then on the Ashton Canal to Fairfield Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Grove Road Bridge”
- Hare and Hounds (Beer Garden, Arts & Entertainment)
581 yards to the southeast.
- Hartshead Inn (British Restaurant, Gastropub)
2375 yards to the northwest.
- Stalybridge Tavern featuring 'The Venue' (Performance & Event Venue, Party Entertainment Service)
2133 yards to the southwest.
- The Lord Stamford (Restaurant)
2187 yards to the southwest.
- Junction Inn (British Restaurant)
1660 yards to the northwest.
- Bridge Inn Stalybridge (Beer Bar)
2118 yards to the southwest.
- Beerhouses - Stalybridge Buffet Bar (Buffet Restaurant, Train Station)
2279 yards to the southwest.
- The HoHo Chinese Restaurant (Food & Beverage Company)
1479 yards to the north.
- Cypress Court (Home)
56168 yards to the southwest.
- Back to the 80's - an all 80's themed bar (Bar)
2095 yards to the southwest.
- Cosmopolitan Hair & Beauty (Nail Salon)
1296 yards to the north.
- Milano Gents Hair Stylists (Barber Shop)
2220 yards to the west.
- St.Peters Social Club (Country Club Clubhouse, Performance & Event Venue)
2035 yards to the southwest.
- J.S.B Industrial Park Limited (Commercial & Industrial Equipment Supplier)
2329 yards to the southwest.
- Cheethams Park (Sports & Recreation)
2177 yards to the southwest.
- TOKiES Stalybridge (Region)
1815 yards to the southwest.
- Stamford Golf Club (Sports Club)
1376 yards to the northeast.
- Swaadesh Indian Cuisine (Fast Food Restaurant, Bar)
2219 yards to the southwest.
- Society Rooms- Stalybridge (Bar, Performance & Event Venue)
2232 yards to the southwest.
- The Q Inn (Restaurant)
2143 yards to the southwest.
- Twinkle (Arts & Entertainment, Community Organization)
1949 yards to the southwest.
- Firebrand Fitness Studio (Personal Coach, Personal Trainer)
1210 yards to the north.
- Stalybridge railway station (Pub, Landmark & Historical Place)
2345 yards to the southwest.
- Pampered to Pawfection Dog Spa Ltd (Boutique Store)
1302 yards to the north.
- Tintwistle Rural District (Region, Sports & Recreation)
5690 yards to the southeast.
- Masquerade Tattoo Studio (Business Service)
1224 yards to the north.
- Bower Fold (Performance & Event Venue)
2532 yards to the south.
- Revive Church Stalybridge (Religious Organization)
666 yards to the east.
- Roe Cross Green (Restaurant, Bar)
4121 yards to the south.
- Carrbrook (Region)
821 yards to the northeast.
- Hair Station (Hair Salon)
1951 yards to the southwest.
- Stayley Cricket Club (Cricket Ground, Social Club)
484 yards to the east.
- My Cake House (Party Entertainment Service, Grocery Store)
2048 yards to the southwest.
- DJS Fitness Centre (Sports & Fitness Instruction)
2165 yards to the southwest.
- Gymetc Stalybridge (Education)
2515 yards to the south.
- The Fitbox (Personal Trainer)
1003 yards to the southwest.