Mooring here is ok (a perfectly adequate mooring) .
Facilities: water point.
You can wind here.
|Henry Knibb Bridge No 3A||6¼ furlongs|
|Shardlow Lock No 2||1¾ furlongs|
|The Clock Warehouse||1¼ furlongs|
|Winding Hole below Shardlow Lock||1¼ furlongs|
|Idle Bridge No 3||¾ furlongs|
|Wilne Bridge No 2||1¼ furlongs|
|Shardlow Pipe Bridge||1½ furlongs|
|Shardlow Floodgates||2¼ furlongs|
|Crocker's Marina||3¼ furlongs|
|New Marina||5 furlongs|
Out of Nottingham from Scribblings from the Mintball posted Monday the 4th of August, 2014
The Cranfleet Cut sounds like some sort of Public School entrance exam from Scribblings from the Mintball posted Tuesday the 29th of July, 2014
One if by land, and two if by sea from Scribblings from the Mintball posted Friday the 20th of June, 2014
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at: Travel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Sawley Locks No 2
Nearest rubbish disposalTravel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Sawley Locks No 2 Travel to Derwent Mouth, then on the River Trent (Western End) to Trent Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) to Former BW Trent Lock Waterway Office
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Shardlow
Shardlow is a village in Derbyshire, England about 6 miles (9.7 km) southeast of Derby and 11 miles (18 km) southwest of Nottingham. Part of the civil parish of Shardlow and Great Wilne, and the district of South Derbyshire, it is also very close to the border with Leicestershire, defined by route of the River Trent which passes close to the south. Just across the Trent is the Castle Donington parish of North West Leicestershire.
An important late 18th century river port for the transshipment of goods to and from the River Trent to the Trent and Mersey Canal, during its heyday from the 1770s to the 1840s it became referred to as "Rural Rotterdam" and "Little Liverpool". Today Shardlow is considered Britain's most complete surviving example of a canal village, with over 50 Grade II listed buildings and a large number of surviving public houses within the designated Shardlow Wharf Conservation Area.
- The Clock Warehouse (Beer Garden, British Restaurant)
301 yards to the southwest.
- The Navigation Inn (British Restaurant)
499 yards to the west.
- Smithys Marina Bar (Restaurant, Campground)
355 yards to the east.
- Dog and Duck (Pub, Steakhouse)
1030 yards to the west.
- East Midlands Motorhome and Narrowboat Hire (Travel Agency)
176 yards to the northeast.
- Shardlow Marina & Caravan Park (Marina)
429 yards to the southeast.
- Tandoori Nights Shardlow (Asian Restaurant)
673 yards to the west.
- Tandory nights shardlow (Fast Food Restaurant, Dance & Night Club)
666 yards to the west.
- JD Narrowboats Dobsons Boat Yard (Sports & Recreation)
74 yards to the west.
- Navigation Inn Shardlow (Bar)
122 yards to the south.
- Royal Telegraph (Bar, Hotel & Lodging)
1013 yards to the west.
- AMOS Motors Ltd (Automotive Parts Store, Automotive Body Shop)
778 yards to the southeast.
- Chamelion Auto Refinish Ltd (Automotive Body Shop)
223 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Service Centre (Car Dealership, Tire Dealer & Repair Shop)
358 yards to the west.
- St James' Church, Shardlow (Landmark & Historical Place)
638 yards to the west.
- Shardlow Primary School (Elementary School)
1341 yards to the west.
- Kids be Safe (Public & Government Service)
144 yards to the west.
- Shardlow Heritage Centre (Landmark & Historical Place)
182 yards to the southwest.
- East Midlands Motorhome and Narrowboat Hire (Travel Agency, Automotive, Aircraft & Boat)
176 yards to the northeast.
- Linton Manor (Museum)
1614 yards to the west.
- Holden House B & B (Bed and Breakfast)
174 yards to the southwest.
- Shardlow Hall Day Nursery (Child Care Service, Preschool)
749 yards to the west.
- St James Park Shardlow (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Movie Theater)
117 yards to the northwest.