Mooring here is tolerable (it's just about possible if really necessary) .
Facilities: chemical toilet disposal and rubbish disposal.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f3.
|Marker place "!24q9"||3¼ furlongs|
|Marker place "!24qa"||2½ furlongs|
|Moorings above Day's Lock||2 furlongs|
|Day's Lock Weir Entrance||1½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!24qb"||¾ furlongs|
|Day's Lock Weir Exit||¼ furlongs|
|Little Wittenham Bridge||¾ furlongs|
|Little Wittenham Cut||1¾ furlongs|
|Marker place "!24qc"||2½ furlongs|
|Marker place "!24qd"||3 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge On this waterway in the direction of Teddington Lock Weir Exit
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Day's Lock
Day's Lock is a lock on the River Thames near Dorchester-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England on the Dorchester side of the river.
The pound lock was built in 1789 by the Thames Navigation Commissioner. The lock is across the river from the small village of Little Wittenham and is overlooked from the south by the hills of Wittenham Clumps, with a particularly good view from Round Hill.
The weir runs straight across the river from the other side of the lock island.
Day's Lock is the main gauging station for the measurement of the water flow in the River Thames.
The World Poohsticks Championships, on behalf of the RNLI, have taken place annually here since 1983.
- Lily's Tea Room (British Restaurant)
1272 yards to the northeast.
- Day's Lock (Interest, Sports & Recreation)
19 yards to the northeast.
- Wittenham Clumps (Geographical Place, Historical Place)
1272 yards to the south.
- Dinckley Court (Nursing Home, Garden Center)
469 yards to the west.
- Deux Chevaux Espresso (Restaurant)
1103 yards to the east.
- Little Wittenham (Arts & Entertainment)
771 yards to the southwest.
- Baby Reflex (Official) (Medical Company)
1519 yards to the northeast.
- Little Wittenham Bridge (Landmark & Historical Place, Interest)
105 yards to the south.
- The Fleur de Lys (Bed and Breakfast, British Restaurant)
1240 yards to the northeast.
- Earth Trust (Nonprofit Organization, Organization)
1259 yards to the southwest.
- Footsteps (Physical Therapist)
1300 yards to the northeast.
- Dorchester on Thames Village Hall (Community Organization)
1356 yards to the northeast.
- Bryans Lock Services Ltd (Business Service)
1550 yards to the northeast.
- George Hotel Dorchester on Thames (Beer Bar, British Restaurant)
1247 yards to the northeast.
- The White Hart Hotel, Dorchester on Thames (Pub)
1270 yards to the northeast.
- Dorchester Abbey (Caterer, Restaurant)
1245 yards to the northeast.
- Clear Sky Children's Charity (Charity Organization, Other)
868 yards to the southwest.
- Dorchester Abbey (Landmark & Historical Place, Religious Organization)
1313 yards to the northeast.