Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Barclays Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 3¼ furlongs away); Nationwide Building Society cashpoints (ATM machines) (6¾ furlongs away); Natwest Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (2, nearest is 7 furlongs away); Santander Bank cashpoints (ATM machines) (6¾ furlongs away)
You can wind here.
|Queensbridge Road Bridge No 48||2¾ furlongs|
|Haggerston Road Bridge No 47||2¼ furlongs|
|Laburnum Basin||1¾ furlongs|
|Shoreditch to Dalston Railway Bridge No 46||¾ furlongs|
|Kingsland Road Bridge||½ furlongs|
|Whitmore Road Bridge No 43||1¼ furlongs|
|Southgate Road Bridge No 42||3 furlongs|
|Royal Standard Pipe Bridge||3 furlongs|
|New North Road Bridge No 41||4¼ furlongs|
|Sturt's Lock No 6||5¼ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposal
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Little Venice
Wikipedia has a page about Kingsland Basin
Kingsland Basin is a canal basin in the De Beauvoir Town area of the London Borough of Hackney. The basin, which is also known as 'Kingsland Road Basin', dates from 1822 and is part of the Regents Canal.
The basin is the site of numerous housing redevelopments.
C.H.U.G. and Kingsland Basin Kingsland Basin is home to Canals in Hackney Users Group (CHUG). CHUG is a local charity based in Kingsland Basin, London N1. Founded in 1983, it was set up to 'promote use of the canal in Hackney'. In the early 1980s a Hackney Council grant to generate affordable housing enabled the dredging of the abandoned basin, and the setting up of moorings for residential boats. The individual residents formed CHUG, the Canals in Hackney Users Group.
CHUGʼs key activities over the last three decades focused on educating about the canal and its environmental & historical facets, and advocating its use by working with schools and local organisations. CHUG actively improved the canal environment, and campaigned for sustainable development around the basin. CHUG works closely with its fellow water-based charity, Laburnum Boat Club, which uses the basin as a training space. CHUG supports LBC with resources & funds for inclusive water sport activities.
CHUG still manages & maintains the moorings. This tightly knit community brings together people of all ages, and from all walks of life. The self- managed moorings, unique in the UK, provide desperately needed genuinely affordable residential moorings in central London. The redevelopment of Kingsland Basin may affect CHUG's ability to do this in the future.
- Jamie Oliver's Fifteen (Italian Restaurant)
1337 yards to the southwest.
- Red's True Barbecue Shoreditch (Religious Center)
1429 yards to the south.
- BallieBallerson (Pub, Business Service)
1368 yards to the south.
- XOYO (Bar, Live Music Venue)
1473 yards to the southwest.
- McQueen - Shoreditch (New American Restaurant, Bar)
1556 yards to the south.
- Barrio Shoreditch (Live Music Venue, Cocktail Bar)
1298 yards to the south.
- Golden Bee (Cocktail Bar)
1375 yards to the south.
- Club Aquarium (Local Service, Pub)
1398 yards to the southwest.
- NSPCC (Nonprofit Organization, Organization)
1621 yards to the south.
- Lady Dinah's Cat Emporium (Coffee Shop, Shopping & Retail)
1505 yards to the south.
- Columbia Road Flower Market (Landmark & Historical Place, Designated Market Area)
1102 yards to the southeast.
- London Craft Beer Festival (Bar, Food & Beverage Company)
1125 yards to the south.
- brilliant corners (Japanese Restaurant, Arts & Entertainment)
798 yards to the north.
- Zigfrid von Underbelly of Hoxton (Performance & Event Venue)
1095 yards to the south.
- Tramshed (British Restaurant, Art Gallery)
1329 yards to the south.
- NR Studio London (Art Gallery)
1526 yards to the southeast.
- Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen (Restaurant, Dance & Night Club)
1136 yards to the south.
- Village Underground (Performance Art Theatre)
1582 yards to the south.
- Rich Mix London (Art Gallery, Movie Theater)
1555 yards to the south.
- Broadway Market's Schoolyard (Shopping & Retail, Bar)
1345 yards to the east.
- The Adonis Cabaret Show (Public Figure)
1398 yards to the southwest.
- The Last Tuesday Society & The Viktor Wynd Museum of Curiosities (Art Gallery, Cocktail Bar)
1567 yards to the east.
- Cereal Killer Cafe (Cafe)
1623 yards to the south.
- The Hoxton (Restaurant, Meeting Room)
1393 yards to the south.
- Ace Hotel London Shoreditch (Dance & Night Club, Cocktail Bar)
1339 yards to the south.
- Shoreditch House (Private Members Club, Social Club)
1558 yards to the south.
- Point Blank (College & University)
544 yards to the west.
- Santorini caldera (Region, Transit Hub)
2862945 yards to the southeast.
- Nightjar (Speakeasy, Performance & Event Venue)
1425 yards to the southwest.
- Dalston (Cafe, Sports & Recreation)
1191 yards to the northeast.
- Free Tibet (Political Organization, Organization)
1190 yards to the south.
- Amnesty International UK (Charity Organization)
1463 yards to the south.
- Old Street Roundabout (Restaurant, Region)
1504 yards to the southwest.
- Ultimate Performance Personal Training (Personal Trainer)
1635 yards to the south.
- Boxpark Shoreditch (Restaurant, Retail Company)
1604 yards to the south.