Facilities: chemical toilet disposal, boater-operated pump-out, rubbish disposal, toilets and water point.
This is a lock with a rise of 4f10.
|Windsor Marina||7¾ furlongs|
|Racecourse Yacht Basin Entrance||4¾ furlongs|
|Bush Ait||4¼ furlongs|
|Dorney Lake||3¾ furlongs|
|Boveney Lock Weir Entrance||1 furlong|
|Boveney Lock Weir Exit||¾ furlongs|
|Windsor Racecourse||5½ furlongs|
|Queen Elizabeth Bridge||1 mile, 1 furlong|
|Baths Island||1 mile, 2¾ furlongs|
|Windsor Railway Viaduct||1 mile, 3 furlongs|
Copyright: Michael Askin
Taken: 22 August 2006
There is a sanitary station to the right of the picture. A water point is available down the weir stream on the left.
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest chemical toilet disposalThe nearest chemical toilet disposal is here. Others are at: On this waterway in the direction of Osney Bridge
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outThe nearest self-operated pump-out is here. Others are at:
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
Wikipedia has a page about Boveney Lock
Boveney Lock is a lock on the River Thames situated on the Buckinghamshire bank opposite the Windsor Racecourse and close to Eton Wick. Boveney is a village a little way upstream on the same side. The lock was first built in 1838 by the Thames Navigation Commission. The lock was rebuilt in 1898 closer to the Buckinghamshire bank, and a set of boat rollers were installed on the old site.
The weir is almost parallel to the lock, running across from the other side of the lock island.
- The Greene Oak (Gastropub, British Restaurant)
1554 yards to the south.
- The Black Horse (Beer Bar, Bar & Grill)
1645 yards to the south.
- The Palmer Arms (Gastropub, British Restaurant)
2162 yards to the northwest.
- Harvester (British Restaurant)
753 yards to the southeast.
- The Spanish Bit Riding School & Livery (Horse Riding School, Pet)
1655 yards to the northwest.
- Zenos (Barber Shop)
1620 yards to the south.
- Windsor Racecourse Marina (Convenience Store, Neighborhood)
442 yards to the southeast.
- Women V Cancer (Nonprofit Organization, Organization)
410 yards to the east.
- Thames Hospice Home (Furniture Store, Home Decor)
1820 yards to the southwest.
- Windsor Great Park (National Park)
900 yards to the northeast.
- Monkey Muay Thai (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
1198 yards to the southeast.
- Dorney Lake (Sports Club, Lake)
834 yards to the southwest.
- Windsor Lawn Tennis Club (Sports Club, Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
1591 yards to the southeast.
- Windsor River Cruises (Tour Agency, Sports & Recreation)
6562222 yards to the northwest.
- RUBY RU'S (Tanning Salon)
1602 yards to the south.
- Windsor Racecourse (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue)
856 yards to the east.
- Clewer Village (Region, Residence)
1411 yards to the southeast.
- Eton Wick F.C. (Landmark & Historical Place)
715 yards to the northeast.
- Windsor Marina (Travel & Transportation, Marina)
1597 yards to the west.
- Eton Excelsior Rowing Club (Sports Team)
1671 yards to the west.
- Pirate Park (Hotel, Region)
11695686 yards to the east.
- Five Star Health and Fitness - Windsor (Sports & Fitness Instruction, Performance & Event Venue)
1257 yards to the south.
- Windsor Leisure Centre (Public Swimming Pool)
1603 yards to the southeast.
- TVC Windsor (Sports & Fitness Instruction)
1253 yards to the southeast.
- POWMAK (Personal Trainer, Physical Therapist)
1578 yards to the west.