|Cardington Road Footbridge||2½ furlongs|
|Duck Mill Lock Weir Exit No 1||1¾ furlongs|
|Duck Mill Lock||1½ furlongs|
|Duck Mill Lock Weir Entrance No 2||1½ furlongs|
|Duck Mill Lock Weir Entrance No 1||¾ furlongs|
|A6 Road Bridge (Bedford)||¾ furlongs|
|Prebend Street Bridge||3 furlongs|
|Prebend Street Railway Bridge||3½ furlongs|
|Bedford Railway Bridges||5 furlongs|
|Ford End Road Footbridge||7 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest place to turn
No informationCanalPlan has no information on any of the following facilities within range:
chemical toilet disposal
Wikipedia has a page about Bedford
Bedford is the county town of Bedfordshire, England. The town has a population of around 80,000, whereas the Borough of Bedford had a population of 166,252 in 2015 together with Kempston.
Bedford was founded at a ford on the River Great Ouse, and is thought to have been the burial place of Offa of Mercia. Bedford Castle was built by Henry I, although it was destroyed in 1224. Bedford was granted borough status in 1165 and has been represented in Parliament since 1265. It is well known for its large population of Italian descent.
Bedford is on the Midland Main Line, with stopping services to London and Brighton operated by Thameslink, and express services to London and the East Midlands operated by East Midlands Trains.
- Nazar Turkish Restaurant (European Restaurant)
176 yards to the northwest.
- The Embankment, Bedford (Gastropub, Hotel & Lodging)
318 yards to the east.
- Bedford Half Marathon Weekend (Sports & Recreation, Outdoor Recreation)
565 yards to the north.
- Silks Hair Beauty and Tanning of Bedford (Nail Salon, Barber Shop)
512 yards to the northwest.
- Canoe Trail (Boat Rental)
805 yards to the east.
- New Bombay Restaurant (Asian Restaurant)
620 yards to the northwest.
- Grand Villa (Indian Restaurant)
1083 yards to the northwest.
- The Vintage Suit Hire Company (Retail Company)
143 yards to the northwest.
- Bedford railway station (Transit Stop)
1165 yards to the west.
- Spaghetti Johns (Ice Cream Shop, Cafe)
136 yards to the northwest.
- Treat Street (Restaurant)
394 yards to the west.
- Délices (Coffee Shop, French Restaurant)
386 yards to the north.
- River Terrace Champagne Bar (Pub)
67 yards to the northwest.
- Bedford Salvation Army (Charity Organization, Religious Organization)
500 yards to the west.
- The Scarlett Rose Tattoo Studio (Tattoo & Piercing Shop)
351 yards to the northwest.
- St Paul's Church, Bedford (Anglican Church)
292 yards to the northwest.
- Bedford Events (Arts & Entertainment)
270 yards to the northwest.
- Commando Group Fitness (GymPhysical Fitness Center)
533 yards to the west.
- The Higgins Bedford (Art Gallery)
153 yards to the north.
- The Lane (Wine Bar)
129 yards to the north.
- Bedford Swan Hotel (Event)
85 yards to the northwest.
- The Bedford Swan (Hotel Bar)
90 yards to the northwest.
- Embankment By The River (Arts & Entertainment, Region)
308 yards to the east.
- Empire-Bedford (Dance & Night Club)
318 yards to the north.
- Bedford Rowing Club (River, Landmark & Historical Place)
80 yards to the southwest.
- Cineworld Bedford (Movie)
1416 yards to the east.
- Coresport Classic (Sports Team)
260 yards to the northwest.
- Anytime Fitness Bedford (Local Business)
417 yards to the west.
- British Military Fitness Bedford (Sports & Fitness Instruction)
1426 yards to the north.