Facilities: rubbish disposal and water point.
|Consall Station||1¾ furlongs|
|Churnet Railway Bridge No 50A||¾ furlongs|
|Churnet Junction Bridge No 50||¾ furlongs|
|Black Lion Inn||½ furlongs|
|River Churnet (southern junction)||¼ furlongs|
|River Churnet (northern junction)||7½ furlongs|
|Oak Meadow Ford Bridge No 48||7¾ furlongs|
|Oak Meadow Ford Lock No 16||7¾ furlongs|
|Oak Meadow Ford Winding Hole||1 mile|
|Parkhouse Wood Lift Bridge||1 mile, 2 furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at: Travel to Froghall Tunnel (Southwest end), then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Caldon Branch - Froghall Tunnel) to Froghall Junction On this waterway in the direction of Etruria Junction On this waterway in the direction of Etruria Junction
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at:
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to Froghall Tunnel (Southwest end), then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Caldon Branch - Froghall Tunnel) to Froghall Junction On this waterway in the direction of Etruria Junction On this waterway in the direction of Etruria Junction Travel to Etruria Junction, then on the Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Etruria to Harding's Wood) to Harecastle Tunnel (North end)
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outOn this waterway in the direction of Etruria Junction
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Consall Forge
Ipstones is a village and civil parish in the north of the English county of Staffordshire.
Ipstones is part of the Staffordshire Moorlands district; within the boundaries of the civil parish are the hamlets Foxt, Consall Forge and Bottomhouse. Ipstones Edge, to the north of the village, rises to 1,250 feet (380 m) and gives views for many miles around.
Ipstones is not mentioned in the Domesday book and dates from around the 12th century. The majority of the houses and farms, barring modern development, are built from local sandstone. Two sections of the village are designated as Conservation Areas with several listed structures contained within them.
Ipstones was served by a railway station opened by the North Staffordshire Railway on 15 June 1905, on its line between Leekbrook Junction and Waterhouses. The station was closed to passengers on 30 September 1935. The buildings have been demolished but heritage trains now use the line again and there have been proposals to restore mineral trains to Caldon Low.
Ipstones has three pubs, a butcher's, a corner shop, an agricultural supplies store, a church and a primary school.
- Churnet Valley Railway (1992) PLC (Transportation Service, Landmark & Historical Place)
3544 yards to the southeast.
- Valley View Cattery (Local Service, Region)
1815 yards to the southeast.
- Three Horseshoes (British Restaurant)
228117 yards to the southeast.
- Consall railway station (Transit Stop)
285 yards to the south.
- Consall Forge Pottery (Arts & Crafts Store, Arts & Entertainment)
804 yards to the southeast.
- Consall Hall Gardens (Event Planner)
1664 yards to the west.
- Tittesworth reservoir (Reservoir)
11403 yards to the north.
- Kingsley Bird & Falconry Centre (Landmark & Historical Place, Park)
2096 yards to the southeast.
- Rutland Falconry & Owl Centre (Region)
107481 yards to the southeast.