|River Trent (Western End)|
|Sawley Locks No 2||7 furlongs|
|Sawley Railway Bridge||6¾ furlongs|
|Sawley Lock No 2 Weir Exit||6¼ furlongs|
|Ferry Boat Crossing on Trent||1¼ furlongs|
|Trent Lock Inn and Moorings||¾ furlongs|
|Cranfleet Flood Lock||1½ furlongs|
|Cranfleet Railway Bridge No 1||1½ furlongs|
|Cranfleet Railway Bridge No 2||1½ furlongs|
|Cranfleet Farm Bridge||2¾ furlongs|
|Cranfleet Lock Wharf||4½ furlongs|
|Grand Union Canal (Leicester Section - River Soar Navigation)|
|Soar Mouth||1½ furlongs|
|Redhill Lock Junction||4¼ furlongs|
|Redhill Lock No 59||4¾ furlongs|
|Redhill Lock Weir||5¼ furlongs|
|Boat Hoods Marina||6¼ furlongs|
|Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal)|
|Trent Junction Footbridge||¼ furlongs|
|Trent Lock Footbridge||½ furlongs|
|Trent Lock No 60||½ furlongs|
|Former BW Trent Lock Waterway Office||1 furlong|
|Lock Lane Footbridge||3 furlongs|
The Cranfleet Cut sounds like some sort of Public School entrance exam from Scribblings from the Mintball posted Tuesday the 29th of July, 2014
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointOn the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) in the direction of Derby Road Bridge
Nearest rubbish disposalOn the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) in the direction of Derby Road Bridge
Nearest chemical toilet disposalOn the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) in the direction of Derby Road Bridge On the River Trent (Western End) in the direction of Wilden Ferry
Nearest place to turnOn the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) in the direction of Derby Road Bridge
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Trent Junction
Trent railway station was situated near Long Eaton in Derbyshire at the junction of the Midland Railway line from London to Derby and Nottingham. It was unusual in that it did not serve any community, being simply an interchange. Forty years following closure, East Midlands Parkway railway station was opened for functionally similar purposes.
The complex network of tracks in this area is popularly known as Trent Junction, though strictly this was the junction of the Derby and the Leicester line at the south of the triangular layout, later renamed Trent South. It was built in 1839 by the Midland Counties Railway which linked Derby and Nottingham with Leicester and thence to London St Pancras. Other individual junctions within the complex are Attenborough Junction, Sheet Stores Junction, Toton Centre, Toton East, Trent East (now just Trent) and Trent South. Additionally the Meadow Lane, South Erewash/Trent Station North, Sawley Junction and Platt's Crossing components were removed when those sections of line disappeared.
Immediately to the south-west is Trent Lock, a four-way junction on the British canal system, linking the River Soar and Erewash Canal to the River Trent, and leading to the Trent and Mersey Canal.
- The Steamboat Inn (British Restaurant)
156 yards to the northwest.
- Locks Restaurant (Restaurant)
201 yards to the northwest.
- Boosterfightgearuk (Outdoor & Sporting Goods Company)
2002 yards to the northwest.
- Ratcliffe-on-Soar Power Station (Landmark & Historical Place, Region)
1689 yards to the southeast.
- The Lockkeepers Rest Micropub-Sawley Locks (Pub)
1531 yards to the west.
- Absolute Salsa @ Soldiers & Sailors (Sports & Recreation Venue)
1490 yards to the northwest.
- Soldiers and Sailors Sawley (Beer Bar, Event)
1607 yards to the northwest.
- The Waterside Cafe (Coffee Shop)
974 yards to the south.
- Trent Lock Golf and Country Club (Restaurant, Bar)
701 yards to the northwest.
- Lock House Tea Rooms, Trent Lock (Restaurant)
109 yards to the north.
- Long Eaton railway station (Train Station)
1675 yards to the northwest.
- The Steamboat Pub & Restaurant (Pub, British Restaurant)
150 yards to the northwest.
- Redhill Marina (Region, Boat Dealership)
961 yards to the south.
- Mills Dockyard (Home Improvement)
1367 yards to the northeast.
- One Connectivity (Telecommunication Company)
110 yards to the northwest.
- Trent railway station (Transit Stop)
1159 yards to the north.
- Pidcock Triumph (Motorcycle Dealership, Automotive Repair Shop)
1726 yards to the northwest.
- East Midlands Parkway railway station (Transit Stop, Railroad Company)
1639 yards to the south.
- Shires Motorcycle Training Ltd (Sports & Recreation, Travel & Transportation)
1337 yards to the northwest.
- Tom Rowland Golf School (Driving Range)
160 yards to the northwest.
- Healthy Wai's - Nutritious Food (Food Delivery Service, Health Food Store)
2087 yards to the northwest.
- Trent Lock Scout Activity Centre (Sports & Recreation Venue)
273 yards to the northwest.
- River Soar (Region)
1344 yards to the southwest.
- The Derby Motor Boat Club (Sports & Recreation)
1719 yards to the northwest.
- Tour Eiffel (Public & Government Service, Historical Place)
559348 yards to the southeast.
- Redhill Rocks RMF (Bar)
1227 yards to the south.
- Shaftesbury Social Club (Pub)
1677 yards to the northwest.
- 4th Dimension MMA Nottingham (Martial Arts School, Sports & Fitness Instruction)
1996 yards to the northwest.
- Trent Valley Sailing Club TVSC (Stadium, Arena & Sports Venue, Sports Club)
117 yards to the east.