Ancoats Bottom Lock No 1
Facilities: rubbish disposal and water point.
Places of interest within 1 mile and to which this is the nearest place: Mainline railway stations (5¼ furlongs away)
There is a bridge here which takes pedestrian traffic over the canal.
This is a lock, the rise of which is not known.
|Piccadilly Village Footbridge||1 furlong|
|Piccadilly Village Footbridge Arm||1 furlong|
|Piccadilly Village Arm||1 furlong|
|Piccadilly Village||½ furlongs|
|Great Ancoats Street Bridge No 3||¼ furlongs|
|Ancoats Bottom Lock No 1|
|Junction with Islington Branch (Closed)||½ furlongs|
|Ancoats Lock No 2||½ furlongs|
|Junction with the New Islington Canal Arm||1 furlong|
|Ancoats Top Lock No 3||1¼ furlongs|
|Carruthers Street Bridge No 4||2½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water pointThe nearest water point is here. Others are at:
Nearest rubbish disposalThe nearest rubbish disposal is here. Others are at: Travel to Dukinfield Junction, then on the Peak Forest Canal (Lower) to Marple Junction
Nearest chemical toilet disposalTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to Castlefield Junction, then on the Bridgewater Canal (Main Line) to Potato Wharf Arm & The New Basin On this waterway in the direction of Ashton-under-Lyne Junction
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-outTravel to Ducie Street Junction, then on the Rochdale Canal to New Islington Marina
Nearest boatyard pump-out
There is no page on Wikipedia called “Ancoats Bottom Lock”
- Allotment NQ (Bar, British Restaurant)
803 yards to the west.
- KETTLEBELL Kitchen (Fast Food Restaurant)
817 yards to the northwest.
- Stop Out - Saturdays at Birdcage (Event, Party Entertainment Service)
1455 yards to the northwest.
- GRUB (Arts & Entertainment, Market)
586 yards to the south.
- Violet Loves Vintage (Women's Clothing Store)
991 yards to the west.
- Manchester City Council (Public Service)
1600 yards to the west.
- Neighbourhood (Performance & Event Venue)
1058 yards to the southwest.
- Manchester City Football Academy (Soccer Stadium)
2270 yards to the east.
- The Pen and Pencil (Coffee Shop, Breakfast & Brunch Restaurant)
622 yards to the west.
- Cloudwater Brew Co (Pub)
1051 yards to the west.
- Manchester Cathedral (Region, Landmark & Historical Place)
1689 yards to the west.
- Manchester Town Hall (Borough, City Hall)
1529 yards to the west.
- The Bread Shed Manchester (Dance & Night Club, Comedy Club)
1205 yards to the southwest.
- TransPennine Express Trains (Railroad Company)
676 yards to the southwest.
- Hope Mill Theatre (Business Service)
617 yards to the northeast.
- Miss Saigon - Musical (Organization)
1447 yards to the southwest.
- I Love Manchester (MediaNews Company)
1542 yards to the west.
- Manchester City (College & University)
1074 yards to the southwest.
- Alliance Manchester Business School (Community College)
1928 yards to the southwest.
- The Principal Manchester (Landmark & Historical Place, Region)
1424 yards to the southwest.
- Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel (Hotel Services Company)
1039 yards to the west.
- Manchester Christmas Markets (Food & Beverage Company)
912 yards to the north.
- Manchester City - The Alchemist (Restaurant)
1189 yards to the west.
- Northern Quarter, Manchester (Neighborhood)
1079 yards to the northwest.
- Chinatown, Manchester (Travel Service, Grocery Store)
1243 yards to the west.
- PureGym Manchester Urban Exchange (Personal Trainer)
442 yards to the northwest.