You can wind here.
|River Trent (Western End)|
|Wilden Ferry||1 mile, 3¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Bridge - Shardlow||1 mile, ¾ furlongs|
|Shardlow Marina||7¾ furlongs|
|Shardlow Marina Pipe Bridge||7 furlongs|
|Derwent Mouth Footbridge||¾ furlongs|
|Pipe Bridge over Trent||1½ furlongs|
|M1 Motorway Bridge over Trent||3½ furlongs|
|Sawley Flood Lock Weir Entrance||3¾ furlongs|
|Sawley Flood Lock No 1||5¾ furlongs|
|Sawley Bridge||5¾ furlongs|
|Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Derwent Mouth to Burton)|
|Derwent Mouth Lock No 1||2¼ furlongs|
|Porter's Bridge No 1||3¾ furlongs|
|New Marina||4 furlongs|
|Crocker's Marina||5½ furlongs|
|Shardlow Floodgates||6½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some from the "add" submenu?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalOn the River Trent (Western End) in the direction of Beeston Lock No 4 Travel to Trent Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) to Former BW Trent Lock Waterway Office
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Derwent Mouth
Derwent Mouth is a location on the River Trent, which at that point forms the border between the English counties of Derbyshire and Leicestershire. It is both the confluence of the River Derwent with the River Trent, and the point at which the Trent and Mersey Canal joins the natural River Trent.
Derwent Mouth is situated some 1-mile (1.6 km) east of Shardlow, and 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Trent Lock, where the navigable River Soar and Erewash Canal join the River Trent. It is about 9 miles (14 km) south-west of the centre of the city of Nottingham, and 7 miles (11 km) south-east of central Derby.
The River Trent is navigable, with the aid of locks, downstream of Derwent Mouth as far as the Humber Estuary. The Trent itself is also navigable for a short distance upstream, but most river traffic enters the parallel Trent and Mersey Canal, which provides connections to the River Mersey and the canal networks of the West Midlands region. The River Derwent is not navigable.
- White Lion Sawley (Brewery)
1677 yards to the northeast.
- Smithys Marina Bar (Restaurant, Campground)
1475 yards to the west.
- Eaton Farm Pub (Restaurant)
1149 yards to the east.
- The Plank and Leggit (Pub, Gastropub)
1121 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Marina & Caravan Park (Marina, Sports & Recreation)
1434 yards to the southwest.
- Twinkle Toes Pony Parties (Arts & Entertainment, Horse Riding School)
1533 yards to the northeast.
- Sawley Marina (Sports & Recreation, Boat Service)
1917 yards to the northeast.
- Esquina Sawley (European Restaurant)
1529 yards to the northeast.
- All Saints' Church, Sawley (Religious Center, Landmark & Historical Place)
1516 yards to the east.
- Screen Photography (Region)
1753 yards to the northeast.
- Kay Oliver Newborn & Baby Photography (Business Service)
1499 yards to the northeast.
- Harrington Arms, Sawley (Bar)
1507 yards to the northeast.
- The Marina Café, Sawley Marina (Coffee Shop)
1393 yards to the east.
- Mason & Mason Beeston (Cafe)
10480 yards to the northeast.
- Río Derwent (Region, Landmark & Historical Place)
80677 yards to the northwest.
- Río Trent (Region, City)
110270 yards to the northeast.
- Chamelion Auto Refinish Ltd (Automotive Body Shop)
1542 yards to the west.
- AMOS Motors Ltd (Automotive Repair Shop, Automotive Body Shop)
1534 yards to the southwest.
- Burger King East Mids Airport (Fast Food Restaurant, Airport)
5643 yards to the south.
- Autopista M1 (Region, Highway)
23907 yards to the south.
- Wacky Warehouse at Plank and Leggit (Recreation Center, Restaurant)
1629 yards to the northeast.
- Peveril Crescent (Public Service, Medical Center)
1946 yards to the northeast.
- Tuned n' Styled Remapping & Service Centre (Automotive Repair Shop, Automotive Consultant)
1744 yards to the northeast.
- Bingham Park (Just For Fun, City)
5975606 yards to the west.
- Scotts of Nottingham (Automotive Repair Shop, Automotive Body Shop)
1655 yards to the northeast.