You can wind here.
|River Trent (Western End)|
|Wilden Ferry||1 mile, 3¼ furlongs|
|Cavendish Bridge - Shardlow||1 mile, ¾ furlongs|
|Shardlow Marina||7¾ furlongs|
|Shardlow Marina Pipe Bridge||7 furlongs|
|Derwent Mouth Footbridge||¾ furlongs|
|Pipe Bridge over Trent||1½ furlongs|
|M1 Motorway Bridge over Trent||3½ furlongs|
|Sawley Flood Lock Weir Entrance||3¾ furlongs|
|Sawley Flood Lock No 1||5¾ furlongs|
|Sawley Bridge||5¾ furlongs|
|Trent and Mersey Canal (Main Line - Derwent Mouth to Burton)|
|Derwent Mouth Lock No 1||2¼ furlongs|
|Porter's Bridge No 1||3¾ furlongs|
|New Marina||4 furlongs|
|Crocker's Marina||5½ furlongs|
|Shardlow Floodgates||6½ furlongs|
These pictures are licensed under a Creative Commons license and copyright the photographer shown above
Why not log in and add some (go to "Edit and Change" on the menu and select "Edit websites")?
Mouseover for more information or
Nearest water point
Nearest rubbish disposalOn the River Trent (Western End) in the direction of Beeston Lock No 4 Travel to Trent Junction, then on the Grand Union Canal (Erewash Canal) to Former BW Trent Lock Waterway Office
Nearest chemical toilet disposal
Nearest place to turn
Nearest self-operated pump-out
Nearest boatyard pump-out
Wikipedia has a page about Derwent Mouth
Derwent Mouth is a location on the River Trent, which at that point forms the border between the English counties of Derbyshire and Leicestershire. It is both the confluence of the River Derwent with the River Trent, and the point at which the Trent and Mersey Canal joins the natural River Trent.
Derwent Mouth is situated some 1-mile (1.6 km) east of Shardlow, and 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Trent Lock, where the navigable River Soar and Erewash Canal join the River Trent. It is about 9 miles (14 km) south-west of the centre of the city of Nottingham, and 7 miles (11 km) south-east of central Derby.
The River Trent is navigable, with the aid of locks, downstream of Derwent Mouth as far as the Humber Estuary. The Trent itself is also navigable for a short distance upstream, but most river traffic enters the parallel Trent and Mersey Canal, which provides connections to the River Mersey and the canal networks of the West Midlands region. The River Derwent is not navigable.
- The Marina Café, Sawley Marina (Coffee Shop)
1393 yards to the east.
- Chalet Home (Shopping & Retail)
985 yards to the northeast.
- All Saints' Church, Sawley (Anglican Church)
1516 yards to the east.
- River Derwent, Derbyshire (Region, Sports & Recreation)
154 yards to the northwest.
- Sawley Marina (Boat Service, Sports & Recreation)
1363 yards to the east.
- Shardlow Marina & Caravan Park (Marina)
1434 yards to the southwest.
- Smithys Marina Bar (Restaurant, Campground)
1475 yards to the west.
- The Plank and Leggit (Family Style Restaurant)
1121 yards to the east.
- Harrington Arms, Sawley (Restaurant)
1503 yards to the northeast.
- AMOS Motors Ltd (Automotive Parts Store, Automotive Body Shop)
1534 yards to the southwest.
- Esquina Sawley (European Restaurant)
1537 yards to the northeast.
- Donnington Park Farmhouse (Movie Theater, Museum)
922 yards to the northeast.
- Pride of Derby Fisheries (Sports & Recreation)
783 yards to the south.
- Wacky Warehouse at Plank and Leggit (Restaurant, Arts & Entertainment)
1129 yards to the east.
- Twinkle Toes Pony Parties (Horse Riding School, Arts & Entertainment)
1533 yards to the northeast.