Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Diglis Junction to Diglis Basin)
The Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Diglis Junction to Diglis Basin) is a broad canal and is part of the Worcester and Birmingham Canal. It runs for 1¼ furlongs through 2 locks from Diglis Junction (where it joins the River Severn (main river - Worcester to Gloucester) and the River Severn (main river - Stourport to Worcester)) to Diglis Basin (where it joins the Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Diglis Basin to King's Norton Junction) and the Worcester and Birmingham Canal (Diglis Basin Marina Arm)).
The maximum dimensions for a boat to be able to travel on the waterway are 72 feet long and 18 feet and 10 inches wide. The maximum headroom is not known. The maximum draught is 6 feet and 7 inches.
Relevant publications — Waterway Travels:
Relevant publications — Waterway Maps:
- Waterway Routes 01M - England and Wales Map
- Waterway Routes 88M - Stourport Ring Map (Downloadable)
- Waterway Routes 42M - Worcester and Birmingham Canal Map (Downloadable)
- Waterway Routes 90M - Avon Ring Map (Downloadable)
- Waterway Routes 91M - Mid Worcestershire (Droitwich) Ring Map (Downloadable)
Relevant publications — Waterway Guides:
- Collins Nicholson Waterways Guides No 2 - Severn, Avon & Birmingham
- Pearson's Canal Companion: Severn & Avon: Mid-Worcestershire Ring and Cotswold Canals (Saul-Sapperton)
- Pearson's Canal Companion: Stourport Ring; Black Country Canals; Birmingham Canal Navigations
- Heron Maps: Avon Ring and Droitwich Ring
A map will be shown here if you are logged on
Junction of Worcester and Birmingham Canal with River Severn
|Diglis Bottom Swing Bridge No 1||¼ furlongs||0 locks|
|Diglis Bottom Lock No 1||½ furlongs||0 locks|
|Diglis Locks Middle Basin||¾ furlongs||1 lock|
|Diglis Lock No 2||1 furlong||1 lock|
Tow-path goes around the first basin
|1¼ furlongs||2 locks|
- Worcester & Birmingham Canal - Along the Towpath Full Length Walk
- The Worcester and Birmingham Canal is a canal linking Birmingham and Worcester in England. It starts in Worcester, as an 'offshoot' of the River Severn (just...
Wikipedia has a page about Worcester and Birmingham Canal
The Worcester and Birmingham Canal is a canal linking Birmingham and Worcester in England. It starts in Worcester, as an 'offshoot' of the River Severn (just after the river lock) and ends in Gas Street Basin in Birmingham. It is 29 miles (47 km) long. There are 58 locks in total on the canal, including the 30 Tardebigge Locks, one of the largest lock flights in Europe. The canal climbs 428 feet (130 m) from Worcester to Birmingham.