What Changed in April 2016
To Wednesday 24 February 2016
- Made similar improvements to string concatenation that I'd done to lists in January (in the right circumstances this can lead to spectacular speed-ups).
- Improved JSON parsing further to cope with true/false (the cause, I now believe, of some persistent problems in the past)
- Added a display mode for the issues downloaded from Google Code to support those here for the future.
- Changed the code so that all old issue links further back in this history, and in any other internal pages, now point to the internal pages.
Thursday 25 February 2016
- Added a new /location/ psuedo-directory that takes places, waterways, features and areas with an appropriate prefix.
- Used that in quite a few places where I previously had messy conditionals or trampolined via the gazetteer
Friday 26 February 2016
- Fixed area code to show all places when waterway branches (Wigan is the demo example).
To Saturday 16 April 2016
Far more work than I'd ever expected to implement feature request 93. These were partly of my own making because once I started adding pauses as well as overnight stops I realised that people would want to combine them so decided to do that too.
Getting it to work in the output modes that weren't "all places" was interesting too: as although the paused place would inevitably appear (as all intermediate places are output) the note on why the timing had changed needed to attach to a different place.
Still, it's here now. I suspect there'll be some bugs but...
I added some other things as I went along because they were in the same code and seemed sensible. In particular, you now get a list of structures passed in the list of overnight stops.
→ Release 9.26.6
- Added code to remove any residual "kill server" items in the queue when restarting the site after an upgrade.
Sunday 17 April 2016
- Added a fix for deleted places still having postcode requests in the background queue
- For some reason options for export formats were breaking. The code was generating malformed XML (and always would do, so I'm not sure what was happening). I've fixed it, ensured that saved options are being regenerated (I'm not sure they ever were) and added a patch to delete any malformed versions that have got saved.
→ Release 188.8.131.52
- Fixed (with pre-release patch) a stray file handle bug in the background processor.
- Fixed a bug in the string concatenation code to ensure proper isolation of parameters (check the refcount)
- This was causing bad graphics for linear maps
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Wednesday 20 April 2016
- Fix to postcode getter
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Saturday 23 April 2016
- Improvements to photo submission code
- Actually do log it all now, resuming log sessions
- Handle file creation through the proper interface
- Trap file size problems more elegantly
- "Back" button from stage 1 no longer produces "your photo is being uploaded" before going back to the gazetteer
- "Next" button only appears when a file has been selected (source of recurring error about file size)
- Checked to see if the file we are about to upload into exists (which happens if a cached version of the page is served to you) and, if so, reload the page thereby generating a new ID. I believe this to be the cause of issue 100.
→ Release 18.104.22.168