What Changed in December 2011
Saturday 3 December 2011
- I'm delighted to see that the changes I made to database handling a couple of releases ago not only don't seem to have broken anything, but have cured rare but irritating database-locking problems. Yippee!
- I've made the ordering of photos for places be by order of submission to the database (issue 519 - I fixed this pre-release).
- I've added QR codes to the gazetteer - places, waterways and photos
→ Release 9.16.5
Sunday 4 December 2011
- Work on oldest issue affecting users: issue 65 which is to do with the presentation of long trips crammed into short cruising times. It looks as though removing several traps for specific cases that have become obsolete with improvements elsewhere, coupled with a few presentational changes has fixed this.
- In those presentational changes I've added some extra information about how the route works out and a warning for very long days
- Added "spin buttons" to numeric input on main form - you often want to adjust by one or two and it's easier than clicking, erasing and re-typing
→ Release 9.16.6
Saturday 10 December 2011
- Fixed "avoid repeating places" - the reason it wasn't sticky was the reason it wasn't working either! This resolves issue 518
- Allowed edit detail to remove extra place info as requested in issue 513
→ Release 9.16.7
To Friday 23 December 2011
- Prevented the "Turning places in route" header appearing when there aren't any
- Enhanced overnight stop control to allow for stops of more than one day (issue 521). Improved description of length of trip as this made it even more apparent that it was confusing
- Fixed buglet where IE couldn't access some pages (issue 523)
→ Release 9.16.8
Sunday 25 December 2011
- Fixed code for "defined" function to make it work the way I thought it did!
- Fixed bug where waterway ends were failing to delete with an error instead of a helpful message.
- Greatly enhanced helpful messages for all the "cannot delete" reasons giving useful info on what to do about it. Together these two address issue 483.
Monday 26 December 2011
- Fixed bug where excessive overnight work was causing legitimate routes with no overnight planning at all to fail.
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Added code to make it easy to find places in route output and make them into intermediate stopping places
→ Release 9.16.9
- Added new licence for photos and made it the default for new photos.
- Fixed buglet that might have prevented big photos from showing from time-to-time
- Fixes to "photo too large" error page:
- Fixed message about the maximum size of photos (looks like a bug in ClearSilver: 4294967295 produces 4294967295 !)
- Removed "- stage 99"
- Made "back" work rather than taking you to a non-existent stage 98!
- Fixed a bug in the "bug" code (reading of long options was failing due to stray spaces)!
- Fixed bug in today's release that blew up on some normal links
- Prevented it failing if you tried to add an overnight stop between two fixed ends [pre-release]
→ Release 9.16.10
- Added the ability to navigate through the photo tabs using the arrow keys - tested in Firefox and Chrome (works fine) and Opera (works except doesn't function in outer of nested tabs). Can someone test on IE please? I think this satisfies issue 286
→ Release 9.16.11
Tuesday 27 December 2011
- Yesterday's upgrade for adding intermediate places didn't always put them in the right order. Fixed this.
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Fixed a bug in resetting passwords (issue 515).
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Extended yesteday's tab switching to use "home" and "end" keys as well
- Made this only work when deliberately turned on - it was breaking things like editing place names which also use tabs in a very different way
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Wednesday 28 December 2011
- Significant work on stop generation based on bugs coming in. In particular, coped with user specified stops that needed to replace first and last night stops, and with routes that ran out of stops and needed earlier - unspecified - ones removed
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- Totally re-worked photo storage to break them into smaller directories: 27,000 files in one place can make things a bit awkward sometimes.
Thursday 29 December 2011
- Another bug-driven enhancement to stop generation (building on yesterdays). Now copes with multi-day stops right near the end of the trip.
Please report photo problems as I may well have broken something
→ Release 9.16.12
- Reorganised stopping code into a separate file
- Added another tweak to stopping code such that it will add extra days in flexible overnight stopping between two days that are more than maximum hours per day apart
- Removed all references to minimum hours-per-day as it never comes into play
- And another tweak on stopping in very short trips when it could walk off the start
→ Release 9.16.13
Friday 30 December 2011
- Fixed bug in search-engine management that caused too many files to have the "no follow/no referer" code in them
- Added trap for no max-hours-per-day to stop calculations
- Made this, and previous trap for no hours-per-day, persist rather than happen at every run
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Saturday 31 December 2011
- Fixed a rare bug in loading rings where a speed of 0 for seaways caused a crash. Now trapped and dealt with properly. Something of a low-light to end the year on, but I claim it shows persistence in tracking down and killing even small bugs.
→ Release 18.104.22.168