What Changed in January and February 2014
Friday 3 January 2013
- Pre-release fix to background processor to speed up selection of pre-caching (one SQL change took it from 7m20 to 0.06 seconds).
To Sunday 12 January 2014
- Reworked entire nearest code, including a new type of FOR PLACE look to make it quicker, slicker and not need a huge auxiliary database.
- Changed H1 for "New Contributions" to match menu link and title - issue 839.
- Fixed bug where interactive ("Entry changed in database" changes weren't logging the user) - issue 716. This is a strange side-effect of fixing issue 807 - because I've had to work around the normal header reading to solve this I was losing the session ID which - indirectly - gives us the user ID if there is one.
→ Release 9.22.2
Monday 13 January 2014
- Patch to fix a bug where some new places caused an endless loop - issue 845. Released as patch to live system.
Wednesday 15 January 2014
- Allowed editing of history (or similar) information about waterways from the "edit waterway" page (previously it could only be created) - fixes issue 844
Thursday 16 January 2014
- Checked for cancel button before verifying structure information - fixes issue 836.
- Code to prevent OS map plugin stealing +/- keys from the whole page it's embedded in issue 847
Friday 17 January 2015
- Increased width of waterway tree panel so long and deeply nested waterways could be seen properly.
- And of the input box (via a very nasty hack)
→ Release 126.96.36.199
- Fixed (pre-release) the missing "close" button on a place history - issue 832
- Fixed (pre-release) the faulty logged on status in "New Contributions" - issue 834
- Added auto navigation to select dropdown on major edit page
- Fixed editing of locks in links - made information propagate to summary links (issue 829)
- Fixed lock count in waterways gazetteer distance table for multiple locks - issue 831 - which turns out not to be the same as issue 829 after all, but both were fixed together.
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Sunday 19 January 2014
- If you are showing marker places you get all places on gazetteer maps - there is no selection by scale to avoid decluttering (slightly clunky but only practical solution to issue 801)
- Pre-release fix to PDF generation to get links to work (fixes issue 849 and half of issue 787 (the other half of this issue is outside my control))
- Confirmed the new tidiness of the history of marker places (and added a suitable message for deleted) - issue 343.
→ Release 184.108.40.206
- Fixed a bug that prevented "move place" from working
- Fixed a bug when a 4 letter place name with a capital was typed into the search box
Monday 20 January 2014
- Issue 758 reported that a place adjacent to a feature was listed as being part of a feature. That's true, but the issue was bigger than that - places entirely within a feature weren't listed so there was nothing to prevent creating nested features which could have got very messy indeed. Code amended.
Wednesday 22 January 2014
- Fixed major catastrophe where major waterway changes put the site into error email cascade (pre-release patch)
Friday 24 January 2014
- Completed long-standing ideal to automatically regenerate, in the background, missing linear graphics
→ Release 220.127.116.11
Saturday 25 January 2014
- Fixed lock count in waterway gazetteer (issue 853).
- Added "delete all marker places between A and B" as requested in issue 718.
- Fixed columns on complicated route tables as noted in issue 616. I've added some gentle colouring to try to make very busy tables easier to read - I'm not convinced by it but it's subtle enough not to be offensive.
- Fixed previously unnoticed/reported bug where "remaining distance" actually counted up from total to twice the total.
→ Release 9.22.3
Sunday 26 January 2014
- Implemented proposal in issue 806 to have multiple image tags for sharing
- While doing this, fixed a bug I spotted around OG tag names with hyphens in them
- Fixed loss of places when options screen is called. There's a side effect that it will validate any places you've put in at that stage, but that seems worth it. Fixes issue 798
- Completed fix for remaining distances - the times weren't accurate. Added to route-list as well
- Only display "adjust stops" if the route is shown
- It now contains a link to scroll the route into view - addressing the original confusion is issue 764
→ Release 9.22.4
Tuesday 28 January 2014
- Fixed a bug that the new processing for the options screen had introduced.
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Fixed - pre-release - a bug that prevent waterway dimensions ever being edited (came up in fixing issue 855).
- Added an overnight rebuild of the compressed links database just in case they have crept out of synch in any way (that was all that was needed to fix issue 854 for example).
Wednesday 29 January 2014
- Improved message on "preference set to NEVER" to tell people where to find preferences now they are hidden under "speeds"!
Thursday 30 January 2014
- Wrote something of a hack to fix the database race condition bug that can cause "Place .... not found" when someone has added a new place
→ Release 9.22.5
To Sunday 9 February 2014
- Code to rework some forms of gazetteer calls into others - Google seems to swap things from one form to another at times
- Lots of work on features:
- They have a (sensible subset) of plugins
- Edit-in-place works again
- Added "edit feature" - satisfies issue 770
- Added a "suppress edit in place" option for users (user page→options) as requested in issue 819
- Typing a waterways name into the search box takes you to the waterways gazetteer page
- Enhanced searching for features in the unknown place feature (they get an output like waterways have always done) - satisfies issue 859
→ Release 9.22.6
- Prevented junctions within flights causing problems with structure data (issue 863).
- Fixed the "Try again" button being there all the time on timeouts
- Improved where "Cancel" and Try Again" take you from the timeout page
→ Release 22.214.171.124
- Pre-release fix to bug in variant route generator
- Pre-release fix of a non-localised "x" introduced recently that was breaking a few things
- Pre-release fix of a missing quote breaking the background processor (issues 861 and 862)
- Fixed a bug with moving a place marker - reported as an addendum to issue 861
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Monday 10 February 2014
- Added a block of information text about features.
Tuesday 11 February 2014
- Added an auto-extract facility for pages (gazetteer and features) which have a Wikipedia page with a matching name. Because I cache Wikipedia pages this will not appear instantly on each page but will steadily populate the site over the next few weeks. In the meantime, clicking on "refresh" at the bottom right of the Wikipedia information box will produce it for any page that has a Wikipedia article (rather than just "related pages").
→ Release 9.22.7 (to beta)
Saturday 15 February 2014
- Added temporary code to autorefresh the Wikipedia article when appropriate
→ Release 9.22.7
- Removed stray line of code from changelist template - fixes issue 865
Sunday 16 February 2014
- Changed default (not logged in) options to remove weather and OS maps for performance reasons.
→ Release 188.8.131.52