What Changed in February 2015
Monday 26 January 2015
- More work on code with intermediate and specified fixed days in fixed-length trips, which I think fixes the problem there.
Saturday 31 January 2015
- Added a "gazetteer" option to the dropdown menu on route entry - you might forget where somewhere is
- Fixed a (recently introduced?) bug in overnight stopping when nothing was set but the last morning's time
Wednesday 4 February 2015
- Finally solved issue 986, where a timeout occurred on a very few places with particular options settings. Many thanks for your patience while I got to the bottom of this.
To Saturday 7 February 2015
Lots of very fiddly work about how to "say" things about days - such as "the third full day of your trip" to try to make the timing settings and the various pieces of output consistent. I'm not convinced it's either entirely right or entirely perfect phrasing but it's a lot better than it was.
→ Release 22.214.171.124 (beta only)
Sunday 8 February 2015
- Integrated the latest release of wkhtmltopdf (the program that does the grunt work of generating PDF files - a very popular and still not brilliant part of the program). This will prepare for the next big release which should help with quite a lot I want to do.
- Improved URL generation for development machines (invisible to the user, nice for me)
- Removed the unwanted ("adjust overnight stops") button from PDF (why had no-one reported this?)
- Added navigational notes to PDF; they were referenced but not included (ditto!)
- Removed styling from place (etc) links and disabled them being links
- Added timeout code to prevent PDF generation hanging forever, which it's always been prone to. You now get an error message so this is much friendlier for both the user and the server.
Monday 9 February 2015
- Fixed bug where one extra day sneaked into fixed night stopping under some circumstances (one night in beta, two in live at this stage) - this is issue 993
→ Release 126.96.36.199 (beta only)
Wednesday 11 February 2015
- Fixed a bug in route calculation that caused an error about "buckets" to be generated on some complicated routes
- Added code to check all fixed stops have ended up on the right day and to bug report if not
- Added a trap and pop-up message for a fixed first night stop further on that the "hours on first night" setting
- Added UTF8folding for dates to trap problems with non-breaking spaces (see issue issue 993).
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Sunday 15 February 2015
- Upgraded to Font Awesome v4
- Changed a few icons and discriminated others by colour
Monday 16 February 2015
- Replaced all small arrow icons used for submenus and sidebar toggles etc with Font Awesome characters
- Replaced icons used for spinners similarly
Thursday 19 February 2015
- Implemented collapse/expand for blocks of saved routes. By default the public block is hidden if you have your own saved routes (as discussed in issue 989).
- Improvements to bug restoration system to do with restoring stored places to help solving some complex bugs
- Fixed a bug in adding navigational notes for places
- Yet another tweak (pre-release) to overnight stopping - part of issue 993
Friday 20 February 2015
- Fixed the "reverse route" button on the route editing page
- Added a "plan to here" button in the "why can't a route be planned" output. Improved text - both from issue 717.
Saturday 21 February 2015
- Proper fix of stray "n" characters that were getting into Wikipedia references in gazetteers (replacing a previous half-way effective hack). If you find any then the "refresh" link at the bottom of the text should make them go away.
- Added carets to "collapse" and "expand" "buttons"
Friday 27 February 2015
- Updated URL for TV antenna location service
Saturday 28 February 2015
- The first batch of fixes for navigational notes. Interactive adding, editing and deleting works for places and structures.
→ Release 9.23.7
- Reworked all references to waterways to avoid saying "The Lake Erie" while keeping "The Trent and Mersey Canal".
- Fixed bug in waterway map code that caused plotting to halt at a missing polyline - responsible for issue 952 and also the reason that the map didn't autoscale.
- Added missing space also mentioned in that issue
→ Release 184.108.40.206