What Changed in January 2013
Tuesday 1 January 2013
- Removed final confirmation stage from "move photo" - it was excessive.
- Allowed photos within features to be moved to the feature, not just those at the ends.
Thursday 3 January 2013
- Prevented the ends of features from being deleted
Saturday 5 January 2013
- Utility to fix all feature attributes across the database
- Linear maps added to feature pages
- Code to describe places within features on gazetteer extended to work with cuttings and embankments, etc
- When you add a new place within a flight, cutting or embankment it gets its attributes set correctly
→ Release 9.19.1
- Patch to try to prevent URL rewriting and remote log-on interfering with each other
→ Release 18.104.22.168
- Speeded up the route planning wizard
- Pre-release tweak to URLs for feature to avoid problems with auto-logon
- Fix to interface with CanalPlan blogs
Sunday 6 January 2013
- Removed "blog" from the main menu - I've not written anything for ages and ages
- Made embankments and cuttings be reported in route lists and itineraries as "having passed through"
- Extended the "avoid stopping" code to handle cuttings and embankments the way flights do - including having "safe havens" where you can stop.
- Fixed a bug where some long features weren't shown when editing the ends of existing ones
- Wrote missing code where intermediate attributes weren't being set when long features were created or destroyed.
→ Release 9.19.2
- Changed the "no run" code to prevent it giving "confused cgi" error reports.
Monday 7 January 2013
- Added a new "location" display type that will work for places and features, perfect for showing where photos are or have been. Used to fix a bug yesterday where the "recent contributions" had broken, and also to add the move of photos to that feed.
→ Release 9.19.3
Monday 8 January 2013
- Although the display of photo information for features was good, you got an error when you followed the link. Now fixed.
- Extensions to the bug investigation code to allow me to take more control of what happens to help track down bugs
- Used the above to fix a bug where exports in CanalPlan format with header lines and link times were failing
- Fixed bug where photos on a user's page didn't work when clicked on if they were a structure
→ Release 22.214.171.124
Saturday 12 January 2013
- Some spiders seem to be finding strange links to photos disguised as gazetteer pages. Fixed it
- Sent bots that follow "nofollow" links that are marked "nofollow" to the tarpit
→ Release 126.96.36.199
Monday 14 January 2013
- Bingbot is doing silly things with URLs and redirection. Enhanced existing patch to deal with this
- Searchers can follow links to removed structures - catch this and send to gazetteer index page
→ Release 188.8.131.52
Tuesday 15 January 2013
- And another tweak - bingbot really is determined to do silly things when redirected
→ Release 184.108.40.206
Wednesday 16 January 2013
- Fixed RSS feeds - structures were breaking them
→ Release 220.127.116.11